The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory

@Rekkapryde well, well, well...look at this shyt dog!
66UeoJ.gif

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Jamie Chadwell is now 16-1 at Liberty and appears to be a grown man that has his shyt together and is capable of handling that type of job pressure unlike Napier.

Him and Kiffin would be my choices. The timing would be hard as hell try to get Kiffin in there.
Chadwell has a history and nobody wants to touch him. Plus he's at Liberty with zero pressure and an easy schedule every year making $4MM /yr and I'm sure they'll pass the collection plate around to bump it up and extra $2MM.

Kotelnicki should be someone they look at it. Just doesn't have roots to recruit. Or they can finally get Chip Kelly but after what you saw at UCLA, might as well re-hire Mullen cause Chip hates recruiting too. Blake Baker is another. So is Lynn (your DC) but I'm not sure if he's ready and it's UF. They'll Willie Taggart his ass up outta there real quick if he struggled.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
2011 LSU should be one of the GOAT teams :snoop:

Its insane that Alabama was even in position to be in that game. No Ohio State, No Oregon, No Oklahoma, etc. just the team you already beat at their place looking for revenge after you just finished smashing on the no.12 team in the nation to win the conference while they were sitting at home :francis:

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
Jamie Chadwell is now 16-1 at Liberty and appears to be a grown man that has his shyt together and is capable of handling that type of job pressure unlike Napier.

Him and Kiffin would be my choices. The timing would be hard as hell try to get Kiffin in there.

I think Mark Stoops would do well at Florida but the fans would kill that shyt unless he manages to pull off a 10 win season at Kentucky this year.

I think the previous failures of coaches will cause the fans to revolt, Tennessee-Schiano style, if any of these are hired.

Napier, and to a degree shark fukker (but definitely Napier), really leaves a sour taste and skepticism on "up and comer" type coaches like Chadwell. Fans will either revolt or will be apathetic and not support him.

As you mentioned, same situation with Stoops.

Napier has fukked things up so bad that these hires, while probably accepted and supported in other circumstances, won't go over well at this point.

It's got to be a big splashy hire, like Kiffin or Urban returning, but both of those would be very difficult, and Urban seems outright ridiculous imo (he's done coaching and IDK if he has his best days ahead of him as coach anymore even if he wanted to coach) despite what many UF fans claim or think.

Silkk

Daps
I think the previous failures of coaches will cause the fans to revolt, Tennessee-Schiano style, if any of these are hired.

Napier, and to a degree shark fukker (but definitely Napier), really leaves a sour taste and skepticism on "up and comer" type coaches like Chadwell. Fans will either revolt or will be apathetic and not support him.

As you mentioned, same situation with Stoops.

Napier has fukked things up so bad that these hires, while probably accepted and supported in other circumstances, won't go over well at this point.

It's got to be a big splashy hire, like Kiffin or Urban returning, but both of those would be very difficult, and Urban seems outright ridiculous imo (he's done coaching and IDK if he has his best days ahead of him as coach anymore even if he wanted to coach) despite what many UF fans claim or think.
Florida can be just as good a program as Bama or Georgia with the right coach.

Anybody that’s failed at Florida has been a trash ass coach (Napier, Shark Fuccker, Muschamp)

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps

Anybody that’s failed at Florida has been a trash ass coach (Napier, Shark Fuccker, Muschamp)
I hear you, and would like to agree, but it seems like ever since Meyer they've hired nothing but trash ass coaches.

A lot of people blame Stricklin, but Muschamp and Shark fukker were hired by Foley. While Stricklin hired Mullen and Napier.

So it goes beyond Stricklin imo. Hard to see the admin doing differently this time.

Silkk

Daps
I hear you, and would like to agree, but it seems like ever since Meyer they've hired nothing but trash ass coaches.

A lot of people blame Stricklin, but Muschamp and Shark fukker were hired by Foley. While Stricklin hired Mullen and Napier.

So it goes beyond Stricklin imo. Hard to see the admin doing differently this time.
People gotta stop with that mullen shyt. Dude went to 3 straight NY6 bowls :snoop: and had one bad season

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps

No they can’t lmao Georgia has the whole state on lock bama basically has their state on lock. Florida on the other hand will never have the state on lock if Miami and Florida state are good.