The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Right? God forbid the university athletic department make 10% less than they did the year before.
And if their coach flames out and loses 6 games this year and 7 the next they'll fire him and without blinking pay him $70m or whatever the buyout is to work at FOX Big Noon Sunday lmao

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I lowkey felt bad for them nikkas. With Bama being a shared opp, I know how loud them dudes are when they beat you once, much less 1 loss in 20 fukkin years.

This sentiment could also apply to LSU, but I do NOT feel bad for them nikkas

Daps
Reppin
Chi

I agree with this. Reminds me of Nate Oats at Bama Basketball...why take that UK job and have your seat hot from year 1, when you can still achieve the same level of success at the program you're at now without the heavy scrutiny? Or BK bouncing from ND to LSU

Some of these high profile jobs aren't as good as their fans think they are, and in the 12 team playoff era, with NIL, you don't need to be at a ~top 10 "destination" to be in that conversation.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

I agree with this. Reminds me of Nate Oats at Bama Basketball...why take that UK job and have your seat hot from year 1, when you can still achieve the same level of success at the program you're at now without the heavy scrutiny? Or BK bouncing from ND to LSU

Some of these high profile jobs aren't as good as their fans think they are, and in the 12 team playoff era, with NIL, you don't need to be at a ~top 10 "destination" to be in that conversation.

Because he has to live in Mississippi :picard:

Daps
Reppin
Chi
This is a dumb tweet. Some of the players on the team are making more then that.

The price of the NIL brick is going up.
It's to show that the University/Athletic Dept. has the funds to pay the athletes, but as is tradition with capitalism, that cost is ultimately passed along to the consumers.
I do agree with you in that even if the ADs entire salary was given to the athletes it wouldn't even cover a fraction of what players are or should be earning.