The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Don’t believe that hype, a lot of them high ranking guys never contributed,

Ondre pipkins 4 star DT 51st best player

7 tackles, 7 tackles 9 tackles, (transferred to Texas tech)

Joe Bolden solid career but nothing major

Ironically jeuh a 3star was a strong contributor

Thats a couple highly touted guys from the 12 class I’m sure if i had time i can break down a few more classes, you as well as @Whips-n-Chains should know rankings ain’t all it’s cracked up to be, rankings be damned because some of them top guys ain’t pan out, so when msu hits on a guy that otherwise would be in A2 it stings a lot more and they were doing that, Dan was going into Michigan known recruiting grounds and snatching nikkas
This nikka…..

:unimpressed:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Michigan is only good when Michigan State is down 👀
Michigan being down benefits michigan state
Michigan state being down means absolutely nothing to Michigan. It is the standard.

Michigan has 3 straight conference titles...msu has 3 in the last 35+ years. You're perpetually down.

You eat off Michigan's plate...Michigan doesn't give a shyt what's on yours :unimpressed:

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Michigan being down benefits michigan state
Michigan state being down means absolutely nothing to Michigan. It is the standard.

Michigan has 3 straight conference titles...msu has 3 in the last 35+ years. You're perpetually down.

You eat off Michigan's plate...Michigan doesn't give a shyt what's on yours :unimpressed:

Yea...y'all only good when We down

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dVJR1nI.png

dVJRlZN.png

dVJRauR.png

Silkk

Daps
So they got UGA vs Clemson in that 11AM @smitty22 early bird old man window?

I guess, Better that than have them all on at the same time. I need to check the schedule and see what games are actually going head to head. That Colorado Thursday night kickoff should do crazy numbers.

Wonder how ESPN got it instead of Big Noon Kickoff. Can't imagine them having anything else that will come close to what that game is going to do ratings wise.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Fool he just said yall were still getting top 15 classes and had some as high as 3-5. Yall had more talent than Michigan State.

So if yall had more talent than them then why were they better than yall? Its one answer :comeon:
Them top 15 classes were smoke and mirrors. Most of the guys were busts and transferred out and one year Rich Rod took 2 offensive lineman which led to the collapse of 2014 where Devin Gardner and Shane Morris nearly died in the pocket.

But, in spite of these successes, Michigan will be digging itself out of a recruiting hole left by Rodriguez' tenure for the next four years. Despite the rankings and despite the individual successes of Rodriguez and his staff, Michigan's recruiting classes were far, far worse than anyone has realized.

The Rodriguez Washouts
RB - Sam McGuffie(4*) - Played in 2008, transferred following the season.
OL - Dann O’Neill (4*) - Redshirted, transferred.
DB - Brandon Smith(4*) - Redshirted in 2008, Played in 2009, Transferred in 2010.
LB - Marcus Witherspoon(4*) - DNQ.
OL - Kurt Wermers (3*) - Redshirted, Failed out.
ATH/QB - Justin Feagin (3*) - Played his freshman year, but was booted off the team for a failed drug deal.
LB - Taylor Hill (4*) - Left the program after 2008 fall camp and transferred to Youngstown State.
DB - Boubacar Cissoko(4*) - Played in 2008 and 2009 before getting booted off the team.
DB/S - Vladimir Emilien (4*) - Played, transferred at start of 2010 season.
DE - Anthony LaLota(4*) - Redshirted. Transferred before 2010 season.
QB - Tate Forcier (4*) - Played, booted off team by Rodriguez, transferred to Miami.
DB - Justin Turner (4*) - Redshirted, and transferred to West Virginia before 2010.
DB - Adrian Witty (2*) - DNQ
DB - Demar Dorsey (4*) - DNQ
ATH/QB - Cornelius Jones (3*) - DNQ.
LB - Antonio Kinard (3*) - DNQ.
LB - Davion Rogers (3*) - DNQ.
RB - Austin White (3*) - Transferred/effective DNQ

That’s not to say Marky Mark didn’t do work in Lansing. Kirk Cousins was a two star headed to Western Michigan. Darqueze Denard was a 2 star with offers from Temple and Middle Tennessee State. Jack Conklin was a walk on. LeVeon Bell was a 2 star with offers from Eastern Michigan and Bowling Green. Denicos Allen #53 linebacker in all of Ohio.

Michigan and Michigan State are almost never good at the same time. Evidence points to if one is down the other is cooking. But that’s not the whole story because those State teams beat prime Urban Meyer and prime Wisconsin teams and won a Rose Bowl. That 2013 team probably should’ve been playing for a National title if not for some home cooking against Notre Dame early in the year.

Personally I think they were on that Nebraska 1990’s regiment :troll:

Silkk

Daps
Them top 15 classes were smoke and mirrors. Most of the guys were busts and transferred out and one year Rich Rod took 2 offensive lineman which led to the collapse of 2014 where Devin Gardner and Shane Morris nearly died in the pocket.

But, in spite of these successes, Michigan will be digging itself out of a recruiting hole left by Rodriguez' tenure for the next four years. Despite the rankings and despite the individual successes of Rodriguez and his staff, Michigan's recruiting classes were far, far worse than anyone has realized.

The Rodriguez Washouts
RB - Sam McGuffie(4*) - Played in 2008, transferred following the season.
OL - Dann O’Neill (4*) - Redshirted, transferred.
DB - Brandon Smith(4*) - Redshirted in 2008, Played in 2009, Transferred in 2010.
LB - Marcus Witherspoon(4*) - DNQ.
OL - Kurt Wermers (3*) - Redshirted, Failed out.
ATH/QB - Justin Feagin (3*) - Played his freshman year, but was booted off the team for a failed drug deal.
LB - Taylor Hill (4*) - Left the program after 2008 fall camp and transferred to Youngstown State.
DB - Boubacar Cissoko(4*) - Played in 2008 and 2009 before getting booted off the team.
DB/S - Vladimir Emilien (4*) - Played, transferred at start of 2010 season.
DE - Anthony LaLota(4*) - Redshirted. Transferred before 2010 season.
QB - Tate Forcier (4*) - Played, booted off team by Rodriguez, transferred to Miami.
DB - Justin Turner (4*) - Redshirted, and transferred to West Virginia before 2010.
DB - Adrian Witty (2*) - DNQ
DB - Demar Dorsey (4*) - DNQ
ATH/QB - Cornelius Jones (3*) - DNQ.
LB - Antonio Kinard (3*) - DNQ.
LB - Davion Rogers (3*) - DNQ.
RB - Austin White (3*) - Transferred/effective DNQ

That’s not to say Marky Mark didn’t do work in Lansing. Kirk Cousins was a two star headed to Western Michigan. Darqueze Denard was a 2 star with offers from Temple and Middle Tennessee State. Jack Conklin was a walk on. LeVeon Bell was a 2 star with offers from Eastern Michigan and Bowling Green. Denicos Allen #53 linebacker in all of Ohio.

Michigan and Michigan State are almost never good at the same time. Evidence points to if one is down the other is cooking. But that’s not the whole story because those State teams beat prime Urban Meyer and prime Wisconsin teams and won a Rose Bowl.

Personally I think they were on that Nebraska 1990’s regiment :troll:
That says more about coaching to me as well. If you're having that many buss along with a trash product on field then the coach must be ass.

Harbaugh came in and immediately starting winning with those same guys that Barney was looking like shyt with.