The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
There’s more than enough kids to go around. No drizzy

Using that logic, Do you think MSU and Wisconsin only had their runs because Michigan was down?

Only it’s not a lot of talent

Dantoni got unwanted Ohio kids, and won in spots that normally go to Michigan, literally it played a role in them being good

But you don’t have to ask me

@Whips-n-Chains @Trust Me @Ed MOTHERfukkING G

Did a down Michigan directly benefit msu ???

As for Wisconsin they had their protocol and it was any and every big ass kid from the surrounding areas and sniping a kid here and there that might end up at another Midwest school cuz they were hotter in the streets

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

Dantoni got unwanted Ohio kids, and won in spots that normally go to Michigan, literally it played a role in them being good

As for Wisconsin they had their protocol and it was any and every big ass kid from the surrounding areas and sniping a kid here and there that might end up at another Midwest school cuz they were hotter in the streets
There is a lot of talent. Its nuts to completely discredit a team/program’s success because of what another school is doing.

Utah has only had their run the past decade+ because who is/was down….?
TCU?
Baylor with BDB?
Ole Miss recently?

Cmon man. Guarantee if it was Taggart with the success at these programs you’d be calling him the GOAT and saying its all because of him :mjlol:

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
College Gameday gonna be over in ireland this year for fsu/ga tech this saturday
thought wouldve just been in studio show or something. will the wazzou flag be there tho?

For the first time in the history of the ESPN flagship, the Saturday morning college football show will come from overseas. ESPN announced back in December 2023 that the College GameDay location for Week 0 would be Dublin, Ireland.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
There is a lot of talent. Its nuts to completely discredit a team/program’s success because of what another school is doing.

Utah has only had their run the past decade+ because who is/was down….?
TCU?
Baylor with BDB?
Ole Miss recently?

Cmon man. Guarantee if it was Taggart with the success at these programs you’d be calling him the GOAT and saying its all because of him :mjlol:

It’s really not a lot of quality talent

And yes some schools have benefited off down major talented teams in their eco system, some off schemes, some amassed a senior laden team, some just have that nikka at a key position

Clemson def benefited from down fsu
Alabama and uga ate off the down Florida schools
Ohio st ate off Texas being down

Utah gets a lot of kids that are in the program for a while, (mormon kids, that take a year off for mission trips) and they really train these guys up and build them up so these nikkas grown af but they avg 1-3 4 stars, these kids just know they got a couple years of working out and getting bigger and faster before they touch the field

Back in the day Tcu had a good defense when the big 12 was spreading mf all over the field, they knocked off some decent teams, that run they had, to get to the nc was a confluence of shyt for one season, took advantage of Oklahoma not being good, but now what are they ??

Baylor had good qbs and an offensive system that was very new at the time….texas was def down during that time

Ole miss been portaling their ass off to get better rosters, they haven’t done anything big on the recruiting trails since trick daddy Hugh was down there droppin checks, a couple cats here and there the past 2-3 seasons they’ve avg 4-6 4 stars with one 5 star in the 23 class, again most conferences have a Gladys Knight, and ole miss never was a lead singer they some pips with an occasional solo

College Gameday gonna be over in ireland this year for fsu/ga tech this saturday
thought wouldve just been in studio show or something. will the wazzou flag be there tho?

Has to be

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Chi

It helped w/ State of MI kids like Edwin Baker or Will Gholston for example but outside of MI, MSU & UM weren't going head to head all that much. We were getting a lot of OSU leftovers and winning about 10% of those head to heads.

Never once in that span did we have a higher ranked recruiting class than UM. Y'all were still in the top 15 range and I think hoke and RR both had top 3-5 classes at times.

Dantonio was good at finding underrated guys that played w/ a chip (denard, cousins, bell types), and using his Ohio connections to get Ohio kids that weren't prioritized by OSU and/or win a few head to heads.

He had a few 5*s but usually they were from MI, I think the line out of State 5* was an olineman that transferred like 8x and doesn't even play football any more

Dantonio slid those final years as he refused to fire his offensive coordinators even after sin wild shyt like no plays of 40+ yards for multiple seasons

Silkk

Daps
Clemson def benefited from down fsu
Alabama and uga ate off the down Florida schools
Ohio st ate off Texas being down
:what: Ohio State has had one down year in 25 years regardless of what Texas does

FSU wasn’t down when Clemson started rolling

And im not even gonna argue that crazy shyt when everyone knows how great Saban & Smart are

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
:what: Ohio State has had one down year in 25 years regardless of what Texas does

FSU wasn’t down when Clemson started rolling

And im not even gonna argue that crazy shyt when everyone knows how great Saban & Smart are

My point was teams eat off a down team

None of the teams i just listed then were down, but they benefited from certain teams being down, Miami not hitting on shyt allowed nick to go in to Miami and pick whoever tf he wanted

Texas being down allowed urban to get a lot of Texas talent

I’ve already explained how those other schools ate

Silkk

Daps
My point was teams eat off a down team

None of the teams i just listed then were down, but they benefited from certain teams being down, Miami not hitting on shyt allowed nick to go in to Miami and pick whoever tf he wanted

Texas being down allowed urban to get a lot of Texas talent

I’ve already explained how those other schools ate
….Aight

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
It helped w/ State of MI kids like Edwin Baker or Will Gholston for example but outside of MI, MSU & UM weren't going head to head all that much. We were getting a lot of OSU leftovers and winning about 10% of those head to heads.

Never once in that span did we have a higher ranked recruiting class than UM. Y'all were still in the top 15 range and I think hoke and RR both had top 3-5 classes at times.

Dantonio was good at finding underrated guys that played w/ a chip (denard, cousins, bell types), and using his Ohio connections to get Ohio kids that weren't prioritized by OSU and/or win a few head to heads.

He had a few 5*s but usually they were from MI, I think the line out of State 5* was an olineman that transferred like 8x and doesn't even play football any more

Dantonio slid those final years as he refused to fire his offensive coordinators even after sin wild shyt like no plays of 40+ yards for multiple seasons

That was my point you all got some Michigan kids that really could have helped us, but they chose yall cuz we were not good

Silkk

Daps
That was my point you all got some Michigan kids that really could have helped us, but they chose yall cuz we were not good
Fool he just said yall were still getting top 15 classes and had some as high as 3-5. Yall had more talent than Michigan State.

So if yall had more talent than them then why were they better than yall? Its one answer :comeon:

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Fool he just said yall were still getting top 15 classes and had some as high as 3-5. Yall had more talent than Michigan State.

So if yall had more talent than them then why were they better than yall? Its one answer :comeon:

Don’t believe that hype, a lot of them high ranking guys never contributed,

Ondre pipkins 4 star DT 51st best player

7 tackles, 7 tackles 9 tackles, (transferred to Texas tech)

Joe Bolden solid career but nothing major

Ironically jeuh a 3star was a strong contributor

Thats a couple highly touted guys from the 12 class I’m sure if i had time i can break down a few more classes, you as well as @Whips-n-Chains should know rankings ain’t all it’s cracked up to be, rankings be damned because some of them top guys ain’t pan out, so when msu hits on a guy that otherwise would be in A2 it stings a lot more and they were doing that, Dan was going into Michigan known recruiting grounds and snatching nikkas