The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Yeahhhh but you gotta remember even at LSU Saban didn’t have things rolling like he did at Bama. He took a lot of failures and set backs before ultimately building his dynasty.

Kirby came in under Saban at the perfect time when he did have everything figured out after past mistakes, Which allowed Kirby to take all of the good formula and apply it right away at Georgia. From recruiting, to the oxygen on the sidelines, nutrition, extra GAs/analysts, etc.

Had the timing not been right Kirby could have just ended up being Muschamp.

Kirby walked into a program that was good to great but not championship caliber, a solid foundation

he took nicks teachings, got the war chest buffed up and went to scooping up every kid they could, to the point it lightened nicks hual every year, and kept taking bites at the apple

A far cry from Nick resurrecting the carcass of Michigan st to be decent, but he was smart enough to know this ship goes only so far in east lansing, so he jumped in a wide open sec and perfected his plan, but now the maths different so whoever is the next dominant iteration will have to figure shyt out, but no it’s no comparison like @mozichrome said
Yanno what @Numpsay ?

You niccas is alright wit me.

G'luck on 9/7 :obama:

Look at you cheering on someone else to help you out

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Mack Brown was most definitely ran out of Texas. That 5-7 year was the only season I would say was actually bad, His problem was he just couldn't live up to his own prior standard and fans weren't satisfied with 8 or 9 wins.

Same thing Nebraska fans did to Bo (minus the titles of course)

No him saying Texas was nothing til Mack, and painting Mack as some god, dude won a lot but only won the conference like 2x he’s good cuz Vince and Colt(really they should have lost to suh) Mack couldn’t innovate, and was cool just grabbing every 5 star and high 4 star regardless of fit and Texas went to shyt

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
@DropTopDoc This can't be the same mf who is not only a fan of 2 squads, but ALSO the same mf who posed the question to us in the last thread askin' what other teams do you low-key cheer for when ya own team isn't playin'?

How soon we forget
duck-smoking-foden.gif

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
@DropTopDoc This can't be the same mf who is not only a fan of 2 squads, but ALSO the same mf who posed the question to us in the last thread askin' what other teams do you low-key cheer for when ya own team isn't playin'?

How soon we forget
duck-smoking-foden.gif

I’m the same mf, but you not a Texas fan, I’m sure you understand the difference, or maybe you was sleep in that class that taught that, cuz you was up all night Betty Crockerin some young tendah asking “so, if you were a fish, what fish would you be ? “

And any team outside us or Oregon play y’all i wish both teams lose, or at the very least y’all do

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I’m the same mf, but you not a Texas fan, I’m sure you understand the difference, or maybe you was sleep in that class that taught that, cuz you was up all night Betty Crockerin some young tendah asking “so, if you were a fish, what fish would you be ? “

And any team outside us or Oregon play y’all i wish both teams lose, or at the very least y’all do

Oh, so now there's a discrepancy in who else do you cheer for? We now have to be said fans of the teams we take on each season as our "2nd and 3rd teams"? Cuz from what I remember that was the whole point. New storylines, players from your team go to new teams, and whatever else that makes you keep your eye on another team aside from ya main heaux...

On top of that, is this not me rooting for y'all to lose, same as you in reverse? What we talmbout? Lol

It's just sum xtra sauce on it cuz da Ewersbreh still got a lil scarlet juice in him.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
No him saying Texas was nothing til Mack, and painting Mack as some god, dude won a lot but only won the conference like 2x he’s good cuz Vince and Colt(really they should have lost to suh) Mack couldn’t innovate, and was cool just grabbing every 5 star and high 4 star regardless of fit and Texas went to shyt
He’s right about that though (Aside from DKR). Texas even says that in like every Doc

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
Not going to get into cfb history but a few of you have no idea what y’all are talking about. But Texas didn’t become a good football school when Mack Brown showed up.

@Bigwhite2498 gotta call a spade a spade, OU ran the Big 12 during our tenure in that conference.
I never said they didn’t @Silkk was making it sound like they just ran through Texas all I’m saying is we played them close. Would you say Texas is a blue blood team?

Last edited:

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
article came up on feed about Tressell and Marcus. wonder how it wouldve turned out if he took the LSU job
In 2020 Freeman was viewed as a hot up and coming defensive coordinator after dominating with Cincinnati for four seasons. He was offered coordinator positions at both LSU and Notre Dame. The two discussed how Tressel nudged Freeman into taking the gig in South Bend and the rest is history.

Last edited: