The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Yea idk about that take. All said & done UGA was probably the second best team this past season. Their lone loss just came at the worst possible time in a year with several 0 loss teams. Most years the SECCG winner & loser still get in.
Honest question, how could a team that didn't make the final 4 but lost to one of the teams that did, could possibly be one of the 2 best teams last year. And I could see the mental gymnastics if Bama won the whole thing, but Bama themselves also got beat by 2 playoff teams.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Honest question, how could a team that didn't make the final 4 but lost to one of the teams that did, could possibly be one of the 2 best teams last year. And I could see the mental gymnastics if Bama won the whole thing, but Bama themselves also got beat by 2 playoff teams.
Lol what a silly ass fuccking question :heh:

You share this same stance on 08 Texas then right....?

Daps
Reppin
Chi

Bama played better throughout the year. They might've last to Texas again but they were better by EOY. That was UGA's only loss.

They're defending champs w/ a ton of talent.

My question in return is, do you think UGA or Texas give Michigan a better game than Wash? I think so.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Lol what a silly ass fuccking question :heh:

You share this same stance on 08 Texas then right....?
I gave my reasons for posing the question instead of making a bullshyt post with no supporting stance like your post above.
Bama played better throughout the year. They might've last to Texas again but they were better by EOY. That was UGA's only loss.

My question in return is, do you think UGA or Texas give Michigan a better game than Wash? I think so.
I'm not sure I agree Bama played better throughout the year. I think it's more of a case that they didn't play another team as good as Texas until they played Michigan. So of course they would seemingly look better. And let's not forget they should have lost to that terrible Auburn team. The tone in this very thread before that Michigan game was that Bama would run them off the field. Then that Michigan defense reminded everyone of what we saw when Bama played Texas.

UGA basically had a one game schedule, the SECCG, the one game to prove that they were the same team from years past and they lost and didn't look particularly stellar doing so either. They didn't look stellar all year IMO. Their previous championship years should hold no weight in judging this year's team, especially with a new QB at the helm.

I think Texas does but I'd be concerned about our OL holding up in the middle, but no I don't think that UGA team would have even had a chance. Y'all are overrating the hell out of that team, they did nothing last season to display they were one of the top teams in the nation.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
So you saying Georgia would’ve beat yall like 70-0? :patrice:

Clearly we have evidence of that not being the case with going against a better Dawgs team the previous year and coming 1 point within reach 🙄

🤡 🤡 🤡

Silkk

Daps

Man fucck all that. Anybody who watched Georgia play last season and don’t believe they were at worst the second best team in the country is an idiot.

Silkk

Daps
Clearly we have evidence of that not being the case with going against a better Dawgs team the previous year and coming 1 point within reach 🙄

🤡 🤡 🤡
Honda McCord is not CJ Stroud lil buddy

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
They played Missouri and beat them….:mjpls:

Heard some teams have issues doing that :mjpls:

And some teams have issues beating UCLA, Utah, and Notre Dame, barely skating by Arizona & Colorado.

Not to mention @L. Deezy putting belt to ass on both the field wit Oregon & in TFR but I don't see what that has to do with the price of tea in H-town either......creh
full