The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
Oh, Ain't know you just fold shop & get sent packing so easy for these other states. :mjpls:

Thought you had more pride in the great state of Texas. Was almost starting to respect it.

giphy.gif
Oh I do I just don’t have pride in A&M. Texas get whoever we want in the state of Texas because ofc we the flagship school

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

EUGENE, OREGON - OCTOBER 12: Head coach Dan Lanning of the Oregon Ducks looks on before the game against the Ohio State Buckeyes at Autzen Stadium on October 12, 2024 in Eugene, Oregon. (Photo by Alika Jenner/Getty Images)
Alika Jenner/Getty Images

Oregon head coach Dan Lanning perfectly exploited a loophole in the NCAA's rulebook near the end of Saturday's 32-31 victory over Ohio State, but it reportedly could lead to changes down the line.

The Ducks called timeout and sent 12 defenders on the field with 10 seconds remaining and the Buckeyes driving into potential field-goal range. The result was an incomplete pass that took four seconds off the clock, so Lanning's team essentially traded five yards for less time on the clock.

Ohio State then ran out of time on the ensuing play when quarterback Will Howard scrambled. If the Buckeyes had an additional four seconds, they could have called timeout and attempted a game-winning field goal.

NCAA secretary rules editor Steve Shaw told Ross Dellenger of Yahoo Sports on Tuesday the Football Playing Rules Committee is actively "engaged" in examining the situation and could make changes even though the officiating crew handled it correctly given the current rules.

Lanning all but confirmed Oregon exploited the rule during an interview Monday when he said, per Dellenger, "we spend an inordinate amount of time on situations, and there are some situations that don't show up very often in college football, but this is one that obviously we have worked on. So you can see the result."

Still, there is something to be said about a penalty directly benefiting the team that was penalized. Had something like that been considered a dead-ball foul, the officials could have returned the game clock to 10 seconds while still rewarding Ohio State with the additional five yards.

It only adds to the frustration on the Buckeyes' side, as they were already in range for the game-winning field goal before a controversial offensive pass interference penalty knocked them back 15 yards.

That, along with Howard's poor decision to take off running as the clock ran out, ended up costing the team the game and an opportunity for a marquee road win.

As for the rule Oregon exploited, Dellenger explained that the rules committee has responded to past "fair play" situations by issuing interpretation bulletins for officials to follow during a season. Such bulletins are done in an effort to prevent coaches from exploiting rules.

An interpretation for this scenario would likely call for the officials to reset the game clock.

"We've had good dialogue on this play," Shaw said. "We've recognized the way it played out."

If nothing else, the entire ending could serve as a backdrop for a potential rematch in the Big Ten Championship Game.

Ohio State are THE BIGGEST crybaby bytches on Google Earth I swear

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
West Texas :why::why: also the rails fell off because it’s A&M they aren’t a winning program. And you can say that but they didn’t have qbs before Jimbo it’s not just a Jimbo problem

Jimbo was a big problem though, let’s start there,

Also Kenny trill was ok but it’s a reason that nikka went to a polo after the gridiron

I doubt you are informed enough to know if the guys are decent or not since you are under the impression they have "decent" talent and that couldn't be further from the truth. But you didn't even attempt to refute at all. A&M having a talented squad is outdated information. Also what's in West Texas? Are you referring to A&M? They aren't located in West Texas :russ:

East Texas my bad

and according to sb nation and 24/7 sports they are the 7th rated team as of august with their composite score, so let’s start there, as my information goes, if you want to argue with them cool, frankly i don’t care, the bigger point is Mike ain’t walk into the replacements with Keanu and Orlando, and Tamu can easily pass the hat around and start snatching nikkas up if they want to, so that’s my other point, and my final point is, it’s still tbd, they didn’t bring him in to be the 3rd to the 4th best team in the sec west, so he better start knocking Mf’s off or they gon run him up outta there too

Texas A&M ranked No. 7 in team talent"

[QUOTETrav, post: 53980634, member: 2806"]
@smitty22 @Whips-n-Chains I haven't seen such fervor in questioning of the Doc @DropTopDoc since them malpractice discovery tapes leaked
full

[/QUOTE]

I’m mobbed up with sewage and water board

I told you I’m Teflon :umad:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
I see....I see.....

Do you think Texas A&M is a better job than Penn State? :sas2:

Bruh my bad, sometimes my mentions get full,

No psu is better, in the new big ten they don’t have to keep seeing Michigan and Ohio st, there is no known predator in their area snatching up recruits,(outside the occasional osu fight) you don’t have to deal with the pretentious ass Texas hs coaching association, feeling butt hurt if you don’t do them a solid, or kiss their ass for a recruit. They got just as much want to, and can drop checks with the best of them

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Bruh my bad, sometimes my mentions get full,

No psu is better, in the new big ten they don’t have to keep seeing Michigan and Ohio st, there is no known predator in their area snatching up recruits,(outside the occasional osu fight) you don’t have to deal with the pretentious ass Texas hs coaching association, feeling butt hurt if you don’t do them a solid, or kiss their ass for a recruit. They got just as much want to, and can drop checks with the best of them
My bad Mr. Popularity lol :hubie:

I STRONGLY disagree with Penn State being a better job than A&M though. Whats your top 10 current jobs in CFB?

And by that I mean if you were a HC the top 10 jobs you would want.