The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

"I now believe it, but for another reason. How Day arrived on third base doesn’t matter, but this does: Almost six years after becoming Ohio State’s head coach and three years after Harbaugh’s comment in November 2021, Day remains 90 feet from home plate."

200.gif

Bum ass Eddie Munster lookin mufukka :mjlol:

Shambles

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
@Silkk
@DropTopDoc
@smitty22
@Trust Me
@Ed MOTHERfukkING G
@Trav
& anyone else

How would you rank these three coaches:

Brian Kelly
Ryan Day
James Franklin

I have to put Franklin last as he's not made any playoff and has 1 big win under his belt (OSU in 2017 I think it was)

BK has playoff appearances but no wins so he's next. That title appearance was in the BCS era, and OSU would've beat them that year too had they been eligible

Day has had a rough few years but he's actually won a playoff game and played for a title. He's probably in the doing less with more category at the moment b/c OSU has is rarely out of the top 3 in recruiting going on 20 years, but recruiting is part of the job and he's one of the best.
I agree with everything you said. I would add though Day got fukked over the last 3 years by them cheating b*stards. It’s a reason that noa is sitting on Warde and Ono’s desk with them having now only 60 days left to respond.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
@Silkk
@DropTopDoc
@smitty22
@Trust Me
@Ed MOTHERfukkING G
@Trav
& anyone else

Brian Kelly
Ryan Day
James Franklin

I have to put Franklin last as he's not made any playoff and has 1 big win under his belt (OSU in 2017 I think it was)

BK has playoff appearances but no wins so he's next. That title appearance was in the BCS era, and OSU would've beat them that year too had they been eligible

Day has had a rough few years but he's actually won a playoff game and played for a title. He's probably in the doing less with more category at the moment b/c OSU has is rarely out of the top 3 in recruiting going on 20 years, but recruiting is part of the job and he's one of the best.

Day
Kelly
Franklin

And i can honestly give you a reason to knock any one of them, just as i could big them up

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Recruiting / getting talent

Day
Kelly
Frankin

Coaching (preparation, in game adjustments and strategy)
Kelly
Day
Franklin

Developing players
Franklin
Kelly
Day

Doing more with less
Franklin
Kelly
Day
Doing less with more (opposite order)

overall
Kelly
Day
Franklin

EDIT: I originally had Kelly = Day i can't put day at kelly's level because the talent that Day has lost big games with over the past 3 years is crazy. That offense since 2021 has "prime miami or USC" level talent and didn't win shyt. The WRs and QBs alone they wasted is crazy.

Ryan Day has had like 3-4 QBs better than any Kelly has coached

Last edited:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
@Silkk
@DropTopDoc
@smitty22
@Trust Me
@Ed MOTHERfukkING G
@Trav
& anyone else

Brian Kelly
Ryan Day
James Franklin

Ryan Day is automatically 3 for me cause he ain't build that shyt. That's Urban's program that he was gift wrapped.

Frankin built up both Vandy and Penn St, Imagine what he'd do at OSU.

The shyt that Brian Kelly did at ND with completely reviving that dead ass program and being the all time winningest coach there is also way more impressive than what Day has done imo. Not to mention Cincy and Grand Valley.

Right now i'd take Franklin over Kelly due to age but if they were the same age I'd go Kelly. So all things being even:

Kelly
Franklin
Day

Silkk

Daps
David Shaw sustaining (and honestly elevating) Stanford for as long as he did after Harbaugh left has been more impressive than what Day has done at OSU.

And this is not me shytting on Ryan Day. Dude's record aside from Michigan the past 3 season is Insane. Was a FG away from making the Natty.

Only time I've even seen them "look bad" under Day was when they played Bama for the title. That was just a piss poor job done by the coaching staff because they put all that focus on getting revenge on Clemson and didn't come prepared to play that day.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
I agree with everything you said. I would add though Day got fukked over the last 3 years by them cheating b*stards. It’s a reason that noa is sitting on Warde and Ono’s desk with them having now only 60 days left to respond.
When you say 'cheating b*stards' .. do you mean:

- Mother Nature? (Flu, it's too cold etc)
- CFB Groundskeepers? (For cutting the field grass to low, which enabled The Don to still be running?)
- 4th and 1 Investigations and Protective Agency? (Day's bros PI firm that broke countless laws in order to obtain fugazi reports on the national champs?)

:jbhmm:

Elaborate so we can have some constructive conversation. :mjgrin:

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
When you say 'cheating b*stards' .. do you mean:

- Mother Nature? (Flu, it's too cold etc)
- CFB Groundskeepers? (For cutting the field grass to low, which enabled The Don to still be running?)
- 4th and 1 Investigations and Protective Agency? (Day's bros PI firm that broke countless laws in order to obtain fugazi reports on the national champs?)

:jbhmm:

Elaborate so we can have some constructive conversation. :mjgrin:
You think any of that is in that noa :comeon:

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Ryan Day is automatically 3 for me cause he ain't build that shyt. That's Urban's program that he was gift wrapped.

Frankin built up both Vandy and Penn St, Imagine what he'd do at OSU.

The shyt that Brian Kelly did at ND with completely reviving that dead ass program and being the all time winningest coach there is also way more impressive than what Day has done imo. Not to mention Cincy and Grand Valley.

Right now i'd take Franklin over Kelly due to age but if they were the same age I'd go Kelly. So all things being even:

Kelly
Franklin
Day

Kelly such an ass, he makes everyone hate him, i believe it was Robert Saleh told a story about how he had him and i forgot the other coach on some Hakeem and arsineo shyt parking cars at his Christmas party and what not

David Shaw sustaining (and honestly elevating) Stanford for as long as he did after Harbaugh left has been more impressive than what Day has done at OSU.

And this is not me shytting on Ryan Day. Dude's record aside from Michigan the past 3 season is Insane. Was a FG away from making the Natty.

Only time I've even seen them "look bad" under Day was when they played Bama for the title. That was just a piss poor job done by the coaching staff because they put all that focus on getting revenge on Clemson and didn't come prepared to play that day.

When i seen Tuff covering Smitty i knew them boys was cooked

Silkk

Daps
@Silkk if ya'll canned Lincoln tomorrow, an they offered Franklin the job the following day, would you be good with that move?
Yes

He was one of the main targets when Helton was fired. Would be stupid of him to leave PSU now though unless he had NFL aspirations or something, He can probably be there forever if he wanted.