The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
_Y06OBBVaSq3zmtsBG03BjCI-jg7XXL_1IS-aI9Kg-s.jpg

Go Away Breh :unimpressed:
Franks was not great that first year.

In fact he was about to get replaced by Trask after getting blown out by Mizzou at home but trask got injured and then we got on a lucky streak against some bad teams: Will Muschamp's SCar (who whooped our asses before another classic Muschamp collapse in the Swamp, thankfully in our favor that time), fcs Idaho, Willie Taggart's Sad Indians, and then a disinterested Michigan who had playoff hopes and gave up 60 in the Game that year.

Basically, Franks "turned it around" against some really trash teams to end the year. Kudos to Dan and him for that, because Napier couldn't even do that, but really not that impressive if you look at it closely.

Then Franks got exposed vs Miami in Manny diaz's first game ever as a HC, producing this gem:
giphy.webp

And then we were about to lose to Kentucky for the second year in a row when Franks broke his leg at the end of the 3rd quarter and Trask led a miracle come back (yes Dan was that close to going 0-2 vs kentucky after we beat them 31 years straight. Still finished 2-2 against them too).

If Franks didn't break his leg, that might've been a 7-5/6-6 type team. We would've fired Dan sooner, and that would've been that.

But Trask coming in when he did really saved Mullen from being a total disaster, instead of being just a partial one.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando

"I now believe it, but for another reason. How Day arrived on third base doesn’t matter, but this does: Almost six years after becoming Ohio State’s head coach and three years after Harbaugh’s comment in November 2021, Day remains 90 feet from home plate."

200.gif

Bum ass Eddie Munster lookin mufukka :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
Chi
@Silkk
@DropTopDoc
@smitty22
@Trust Me
@Ed MOTHERfukkING G
@Trav
& anyone else

How would you rank these three coaches:

Brian Kelly
Ryan Day
James Franklin

I have to put Franklin last as he's not made any playoff and has 1 big win under his belt (OSU in 2017 I think it was)

BK has playoff appearances but no wins so he's next. That title appearance was in the BCS era, and OSU would've beat them that year too had they been eligible

Day has had a rough few years but he's actually won a playoff game and played for a title. He's probably in the doing less with more category at the moment b/c OSU has is rarely out of the top 3 in recruiting going on 20 years, but recruiting is part of the job and he's one of the best.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
@Silkk
@DropTopDoc
@smitty22
@Trust Me
@Ed MOTHERfukkING G
@Trav
& anyone else

How would you rank these three coaches:

Brian Kelly
Ryan Day
James Franklin

I have to put Franklin last as he's not made any playoff and has 1 big win under his belt (OSU in 2017 I think it was)

BK has playoff appearances but no wins so he's next. That title appearance was in the BCS era, and OSU would've beat them that year too had they been eligible

Day has had a rough few years but he's actually won a playoff game and played for a title. He's probably in the doing less with more category at the moment b/c OSU has is rarely out of the top 3 in recruiting going on 20 years, but recruiting is part of the job and he's one of the best.
Day
Kelly
Franklin