The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
The only thing good about Napier being around is that if we upset Kentucky at home this weekend (can't believe I just typed that :snoop:) that L would be so bad for Kentucky that their fans will run Stoops out of town :mjlol:

Talk about going full circle from winning 31 in a row against them to Dan Mullen shytting the bed against them in his first SEC game as the Florida HC and now being on a 3 game losing streak (soon to be 4) with the combined efforts of Mullen and Napier.
That was a 10-3 Kentucky team that season :what:

And Mullen also went 10-3 that 1st year :why:

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
give Lane Kiffiin the current Florida job and he would win 10 games and be on UGA/Texas level
dude thinks very highly of Lane kiffin huh

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Shid I forgot Ole Miss goes to Florida this year.

Lane better get his head out his ass cause aint no way you can fire Napier for him if he can’t even beat him.

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
With this schedule? No

MFs still got LSU, Georgia, & Texas :mjlol:
Lane probably wins 8-9 with this roster and schedule.

Probably beats Tennessee. I don't think we lay an egg as bad vs Miami or Texas A&M, not sayin we win those but we would have a shot.

FSU is ass. LSU is good but beatable at home.

UT/UGA would be definitely Ls though.

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
Im just confused I guess on what you think Lane would come in and do that Mullen didn’t do? :dwillhuh:
He is actually a top tier offensive mind (along with Sark, Lincoln, Day) and can consistently field fun offenses. He's not a great recruiter, but is much better than Mullen. He's also shown the ability to grow and change over time.

Lane did at Ole miss essentially what Mullen did at UF, got to 2 NY6 bowls during double digit win seasons (10 and 11 wins) and did it with Matt Corral and Jaxon Dart who are not NFL starter caliber QBs.

Lane made mistakes when he was young, but did it at opportunities that Mullen could never sniff. Despite what Mullen did at UF he could never get a NFL job no matter how hard he tried. Lane did get one, and got offers from blueblood USC and top tier (at the time) Tennessee.

A NFL franchise, nor a top 10-25 program would never offer Mullen a job. It's proven he tried to get out of Miss State every year he was there, and no one would ever take him. It's because he's really not that great of a coach. Maybe not total ass, but he's not a very good coach. On average he was a 6-7 win a year coach, and he had at least 2 seasons boosted with NFL starting qb Dak Prescott that he found in bumfukk Lousiana under the radar by some crazy luck.

Lane also can hire some good assistants. Lane's old OC Lebby is now a HC in the SEC. Dan's old co-OC, John Heveseyy, now works at Lowes.

Listen, I'm not saying Lane is the savior or will win a national or conference title. He probably won't. But he's definitely got a much higher ceiling than Mullen because of the potential to grow.

At the very worst, Lane could be what people wanted Mullen to be, but proved, as I knew he would when we hired him, that he was not: and 8-10 win a year coach who can't win the big game but fields fun teams.

Besides 1-2 years with Shark fukker's recruits, none of Mullen's teams were even that fun to watch. Ole Miss under Lane is fun to watch, and I'll take that 100% of the time given that Florida is not a championship caliber program any longer.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
That man got a fight in him for Mullen, i get it on paper you have a case, the biggest thing for me was that article that took that deep dive, with his RB coach punking him in practice, and Florida fans complaining, he left msu catching lightening in a bottle, and was snitching on ole miss and cam Newton tf

@Drake's Tan