The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Maybe they bet it would stay within 17, right @Whips-n-Chains ? :skip:

Like I said, y'all snuck in under the radar and stole a game in EL, while the mighty Spartans had the misfortune of looking ahead to new conference foe, the Oregon Ducks. My hats off to the bucks...I bet teams will take notice, and the nation will start paying more attention to OSU now, so y'all can't sneak in and try to steal another close, nail bitter.

We took y'all lightly, assuming an easy win and thus paid the price.

Y'all heard it here first, there's some team in ohio with a decent football team this year, that managed to survive their toughest test in program history last weekend.

I think y'all off the schedule til '27...running scared I see

Last edited:

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
He took a middle of the pack Georgia program and made them eliteand got them back to back Nattys when they hadn't had one in 40 years. Anybody still downplaying the job he's done there is on crack :snoop:

DoBoer is a great a coach but yes he took over an already elite program with elite talent, resources, staff, S&C, Boosters, etc already in place.
Same with Ryan Day although he did have to adjust to NIL

Mark Richt did not leave him what Saban and Urban left them. Shid Moore took over the 15-0 national champs and returned an elite back and defense and we see how thats looking so far...

Richt should’ve won 3 titles at Georgia, talent was never the problem.

Also, not saying you said it but a lot of people said Bama was gonna fall off after Saban but I kept trying to tell people that College Football ain’t like it was when Bear retired, elite programs do a better job of maintaining success regardless of coach

I’m NOT saying DeBoer is gonna win 6 titles or anything but still.

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
He took a middle of the pack Georgia program and made them eliteand got them back to back Nattys when they hadn't had one in 40 years. Anybody still downplaying the job he's done there is on crack :snoop:

DoBoer is a great a coach but yes he took over an already elite program with elite talent, resources, staff, S&C, Boosters, etc already in place.
Same with Ryan Day although he did have to adjust to NIL

Mark Richt did not leave him what Saban and Urban left them. Shid Moore took over the 15-0 national champs and returned an elite back and defense and we see how thats looking so far...
I think one could say both are true.

Kirby has done a phenomenal job and is probably the best active college coach at the moment. Definitely a good argument that he is #1.

That said, Richt did leave him with something decent. He did elevate it really well, but it wasn't like he was left with complete garbage either.

He also came in at the right time. When Richt came into the scene Tennessee and Florida were still good, and the SEC East was a real animal still. Both those programs have been complete trash since Kirby became HC, minus a decent year with Hendon Hooker for the Vols, and Kirby, while legitimately building UGA into a top tier program, basically had a Big Ten West caliber division.