The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they made a ruling. ASU was running wild during the covid time

Former Arizona State assistant coach Antonio Pierce, with the help of former quarterback Jayden Daniels’ mother, violated recruiting rules during the COVID-19 dead period.

The current Las Vegas Raiders head coach, Pierce, and his former defensive analyst Anthony Garnett “participated in a program wide effort to engage in impermissible recruiting activities” in 2020

“Pierce arranged for or personally provided free meals, apparel, airfare and/or lodging for 27 prospects, often in collaboration with the booster, who was the parent of a then-football student-athlete in the program,”

“would use her credit card to book flights and lodging for prospects, then Pierce would reimburse her in cash.”

The NCAA found Pierce, staff members and a booster “arranged unofficial visits to the school for roughly one year during the COVID-19 dead period.”
It spanned 15 weekends and 35 prospects and their families.
The impermissible contacts included tryouts, tours of the football facility and entertainment, including taking a prospects’ parents to a “gentlemen’s club.” The violations also included travel expenses. Eight recruits involved ultimately enrolled at Arizona State and played in 19 games.
Past members of ASU’s staff said Pierce “ran the show” and worried about losing their jobs if they did not comply with Pierce’s asks.
Other violations included:
Garnett and Pierce traveling out of state to meet with families and watch prospects compete during the dead period.
Tampering by texting (46 times) and calling a player who was enrolled at another school and not in the transfer portal.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
they made a ruling. ASU was running wild during the covid time
Gotdamn, 8 yrs, Kevin Mawae really had an axe to grind. Wish they'd drop a dime on the coaches who was giving the opposing teams their game plans and plays. That, IMO, is a way bigger offense than the Connor Stallions shyt.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
You going to post something in regards to Hugh Freeze's evaluations or nah. And Sark's history with QBs is basically what recruited Arch to Texas. He was one of the few coaches the Manning's trusted his development with, Monken being the other but they knew he'd jump to the NFL. Murphy still hasn't lost a game at the collegiate level by the way and I guess you are ignoring everything Sark did with QBs prior to his tenure at Texas. And plenty of top ranked HS QBs bust in college. Picking the right one and being able to develop them is a skill.
1. I don't want to defend Hugh Freeze, and the post you quoted had nothing to do with defending Hugh Freeze's record. You brought that up for some reason (you like to argue as much as the LSU dudes you clown). But if you want to do the exercise, you find me the list of NFL QBs your boy recruited to Washington and USC, his previous HC stops. I just did the exercise and the only one's that have even been on those rosters were Locker and Kessler, and he inherited both of those. Freeze recruited and developed Malik Willis. Is that 1 NFL dudes vs 0?
2. You gotta have some semblance of shame trying to boast Arch fukking Manning as evidence of this guy's development. The Mannings can trust whatever they want to trust - if they shipped the man to go play for Trent Dilfer, I'm sure he'd brag about it being evidence of his development too.
3. Shoutouts to Murphy for beating the worst team in the Big 10, MTSU, UConn, some NPC nikkas and a team who legitimately has a senile head coach out there. James Madison can put up 70 on UNC, the guy that's evidence of your coach's great development put up 21 and 44% completion percentage. Good job Sark

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Trey Owens who’s a freshman btw looks better than an qb on your team. Also you bum ass auburn fans could only dream of having a qb half ass good as maalik murphy
Gassing up nikkas like Maalik Murphy helps explain why you praise Ewers like he's Jesus Christ. Y'all been used to ass longer than anybody

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
1. I don't want to defend Hugh Freeze, and the post you quoted had nothing to do with defending Hugh Freeze's record. You brought that up for some reason (you like to argue as much as the LSU dudes you clown). But if you want to do the exercise, you find me the list of NFL QBs your boy recruited to Washington and USC, his previous HC stops. I just did the exercise and the only one's that have even been on those rosters were Locker and Kessler, and he inherited both of those. Freeze recruited and developed Malik Willis. Is that 1 NFL dudes vs 0?
2. You gotta have some semblance of shame trying to boast Arch fukking Manning as evidence of this guy's development. The Mannings can trust whatever they want to trust - if they shipped the man to go play for Trent Dilfer, I'm sure he'd brag about it being evidence of his development too.
3. Shoutouts to Murphy for beating the worst team in the Big 10, MTSU, UConn, some NPC nikkas and a team who legitimately has a senile head coach out there. James Madison can put up 70 on UNC, the guy that's evidence of your coach's great development put up 21 and 44% completion percentage. Good job Sark
Claim Malik Willis lmao he was the coach when usc went on they run with matt and all them was there just to start not including the wrs and qbs he developed at bama and he had John Ross. A mf can’t beat cal but talking shyt lmao. Trying to down play wins when y’all lost cal and yall two best wins is Alabama A&M and New Mexico is crazy af