The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
What do you mean? He was on a plane to A&M until their boosters revolted last minute. I think he's more than ready for a job with a higher ceiling.

I wonder if Oklahoma would take a look at him if they get tired of Venables.
I mentioned he'll entertain interest (like A&M showed last year) but he's not telling his agent to put his name out there for every job that opens up like Mullen used to do at Miss State or how allegedly Lane does (According to internet rumors).

Seemed like A&M's AD had interest in Stoops and gave him a deal that interested him. But it doesn't seem like he chases every open bigger job out there.

I could see him doing well at OU, although if BV fails there, would they want to go back to an offensive coach like Riley?

Or would they hope he has the same success as Bob did there?

Some people say Stoops would go to Iowa if Ferentz retires. Don't know if that'll raise his ceiling but he has the attachment to it.

I could see a school with a higher ceiling go after Stoops. I'd be cool with him at UF, but honestly in the NIL era I think UK has just as high, or even higher, ceiling than UF now :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Main Event on Friday this week anyway as your MSU Spartans invade some former Pac 10 team called the the ducks. After OSU narrowly escaped East Lansing with a win (by cheating), the Spartans will have revenge on their minds.
:mjlol: Good luck with that

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
I don't think so. Even Florida is better than them. They are literally one of the worst P4 teams in the country. Either them or Mississippi State.
Florida is also one of the worst P4 teams in the nation. They are worse than FSU and with the game at Doak, will likely lose by double digits.

I think Napier is a better coach than Memphis Mike. Recruits better and runs a better offense.
:dahell:

Have you ever seen a Billy Napier offense?

Also Napier had a top 5 draft pick at QB and had a losing record, including a loss to a bad Vandy team.

But UF could have won last year with better QB play in 2023.
QB wasn't Florida's problem.

Mertz was one of the team's stronger points (he wasn't all that but the OL is trash and he did well considering. Even won the SCarolina game with his play).

Defense is historically bad every year, and regressing every year, and special teams were terrible in 2023. Napier's offense sucks because of scheme, not really on the QB. Put Patrick Mahomes in that offense and he'll struggle to score 30+ points a game.

Last edited:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Florida is also one of the worst P4 teams in the nation. They are worse than FSU and with the game at Doak, will likely lose by double digits.

:dahell:

Have you ever seen a Billy Napier offense?

QB wasn't Florida's problem.

Mertz was one of the team's stronger points (he wasn't all that but the OL is trash and he did well considering. Even won the SCarolina game with his play).

Defense is historically bad every year, and regressing every year, and special teams were terrible in 2023. Napier's offense sucks because of scheme, not really on the QB. Put Patrick Mahomes in that offense and he'll struggle to score 30+ points a game.
Nah as trash as Florida is breh, FSU is even more trash which is some astonishing shyt to accomplish :wow:

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
Nah as trash as Florida is breh, FSU is even more trash which is some astonishing shyt to accomplish :wow:
IDK man. I am willing to bet that by the end of the season, FSU will be better and will win big against UF.

I didn't see the SMU game or Memphis games, but it seems like FSU is somewhat competitive for a while in their losses. UF isn't even close to competitive against a team with a pulse.

The only way I can see UF winning is with an interim coach (although rumors are that the likely interim would be Dan Enos, which would negate any positive "new energy" an interim would provide).

I think Napier will get fired after UF loses to UCF next week, probably 37-27, or maybe after Tennessee hangs 60 on them in Knoxville.

Last edited: