The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's 2024 and pay for play is legal, you better get that shyt in writing if you were really promised $100K. I have a hard time believing UNLV not paying dude since that's really not alot of money and their starting QB last year transferred out. I'm leaning towards believing the story of him doubling back and asking for more bread.

charknicks

All Star
Daps
If the verbal agreement part is true, thats on the QB for not getting that $100k promise in writing before signing with UNLV. Seems like he wasnt getting any other offers coming out of Holy Cross, and just jumped at the first sound of someone offering him money. Gotta get that in writing on UNLV letterhead, bro.

I still stand by saying dude is really a RB instead of a QB, and has only 1 year to get any money he can. If he was only getting 1 single 100k offer, he aint worth it, and this just makes him look bad. Now he has hired a lawyer and agent, and will be getting less. These kids are getting dumber and more greedy.
Insufficient daddying at its finest showing.

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
it's 2024 and pay for play is legal, you better get that shyt in writing if you were really promised $100K. I have a hard time believing UNLV not paying dude since that's really not alot of money and their starting QB last year transferred out. I'm leaning towards believing the story of him doubling back and asking for more bread.

I wouldn’t pay him either 100k for a mf who can’t complete at least 50% of his passes and barely throwing for 106 yards a game is nasty work

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps

I mean, if there was an agreement, like you said, it should be in writing. Verbal agreements are contractually binding, but it’s not easy to prove the verbal agreement took place. An assistant coach telling you the NIL has 100k to pay you, and you just take that and run with it without any questions about distributing the money, then that’s on you too for not making sure this was a secured deal. We saw the cautionary tale with Rashada when he didn’t get his money, but I recall there being an actual contract that he signed.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
A verbal agreement for a $100K. Yeah right:pachaha:
The middle ground might be clearer now to me. UNLV side said they have paid all obligations and he just hired an NIL agent and demanded more money. Player side saying there was a verbal agreement and they did not pay. I think there was an agreement from UNLV’s side and the player maybe thought there was more, and hired the NIL agent to try to recoup what he thought he should be getting. I cannot see there being an NIL agent being involved back in February and was ok with a verbal 100k agreement.