The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
These schools gotta make sure the players WANT to be at their school, and then get them paid handsomely. If not they're forever a flight risk. That was the case under the table too. The Michigan approach is engineered this way for this very reason, even if it costs them 5* WRs
Michigan approach only works when you have an extra year of eligibility due to Covid( one of the dumbest decisions ever)

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
I wouldn’t pay him either 100k for a mf who can’t complete at least 50% of his passes and barely throwing for 106 yards a game is nasty work
:huhldup:

IDK what's worse the fact that he had the audacity to demand that being or that UNLV agreed to pay him a damn dime in the first place.

Damn these schools are desperate out here. I actually believe that bum ass CSU QB who said a school offered 600k to transfer now. :mjlol:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
it's 2024 and pay for play is legal, you better get that shyt in writing if you were really promised $100K. I have a hard time believing UNLV not paying dude since that's really not alot of money and their starting QB last year transferred out. I'm leaning towards believing the story of him doubling back and asking for more bread.

Why is it hard to believe a university is above not holding its word or selling dreams

Meh

The middle ground might be clearer now to me. UNLV side said they have paid all obligations and he just hired an NIL agent and demanded more money. Player side saying there was a verbal agreement and they did not pay. I think there was an agreement from UNLV’s side and the player maybe thought there was more, and hired the NIL agent to try to recoup what he thought he should be getting. I cannot see there being an NIL agent being involved back in February and was ok with a verbal 100k agreement.

I think a lot of places sell dreams and tell tall tales, i think these kids also over hype their worth mixed with other tales of how much some one cousin got

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Yeah I don’t believe this. Somebody was promising more and not being clear about it and then pulled back when they knew the money wasn’t there.
Yeah, that sounds more plausible. It probably was an assistant coach that told him that, but said coach never informed the NIL Collective, so ol' buddy got hoed.

Bet he won't make that mistake again when he's signing that contract with FedEx:umad:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Bammas are handing that loss about as bad as buckeyes have their last three. It's quite pathetic really :ld:

At least Spartans know their place
full

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
Bammas are handing that loss about as bad as buckeyes have their last three. It's quite pathetic really :ld:

At least Spartans know their place
full
Michigan easily has the most impactful national championship in the past 10 years. Folks are still spiraling 8 months later :dead:

They're really mad they can't make 1997 jokes anymore :russ:

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I said if our OL plays well and we know that’s a big if.

Yeah, while I do think the OL is better with Proctor and Pritchett in the lineup, that was vs Wisconsin, they ain’t Georgia

USF is more comparable to UGA in terms of speed and athleticism on their defense and we struggled against them. Gotta cut down on the penalties in this one.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Since all this talk about nil today just a reminder to give your monthly donation to The Foundation. These 20 million rosters don’t pay for themselves. Thank You Coli brehs.