PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
You can't cry about Georgia not playing anybody when this is the result when they play "somebody"

Georgia would beat the brakes off Oregon again the same way if they were on the schedule this season :francis:

This year's Georgia team ain't as dangerous as the one in 2022, and damn sure ain't as fierce as the one in 2021.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
That's selling those teams a bit short. They were low on defensive talent but they had good schemes and played hard. Went up against a Cam/Dyer combination that had averaged 40+ppg in their SEC conference games, and then held that squad below 20 until they broke one of the luckiest plays in NCG history (plus wrist was down). Against Ohio State in the Rose Bowl, Kansas State in the Fiesta Bowl, Texas in the Alamo Bowl, and Florida State in the Fiesta Bowl, the defense played somewhere between good and great, especially considering the personnel.

Looking at those offenses though, the lack of talent is striking in retrospect. Here are the skill positions for the 2011 NCG against Auburn

QB Darron Thomas - undrafted, never played
RB LaMichael James - drafted 2nd round in a huge mistake, only gained 193 yards in the pros for his career
RB Kenjon Barner - drafted 6th round, only gained 403 yards in the pros for his career
WR Jeff Maehl - undrafted, bounced around practice squads
WR Lavasier Tuinei - undrafted, bounced around practice squads
WR Drew Davis - undrafted, only had 256 career receiving yards
TE David Paulson - drafted 7th round, only had 153 career receiving yards

There wasn't a single legitimate NFL talent on the field and they still came one play away from going to overtime in the title game.

I shouldnt have said no defense. Chip, just didnt protect our defenses. Chop was about scoring and scoring fast. 9 times out of 10 it was under 2 minute drives which kept our defenses on the field wayyy too long.

Chip my guy forever. He put us on the map.

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
Post the proof of otherwise. But you stay with UT name in your mouth and we ain't rivals like that. I haven't noticed any UT poster that be worried about LSU like that unless it's banter in regards to a recruit we both going after. Now you in here crying like a bytch because brehs ain't going hard on UT because we lost a game. Well we didn't get ran off the field like y'all did against FSU and we didn't play in a track meet like game like y'all did vs Ole Miss. Also I imagine part of it is because unlike you we aren't insufferable as posters when it comes to UT like you are with LSU. So pull your pants up and go look in the mirror.
Bro you ain't have to air dude out like this :dead:

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Biggest game this week:

Who y’all got Oregon @ UDub? UDub -3

I have the huskies since they’re home. Should be a solid shootout.

38-34 huskies, but Oregon still mad dangerous
Got Oregon winning like 44-38. Think this is the year Oregon gets back to the title game.

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
If Milroe keeps improving, Bama is gonna be a problem. They got a pass rush all of a sudden. CFB is better when Bama is Bama.

Did not think he was even capable of winning from the pocket against a good defense.

Milroe is the first Alabama QB in a decade to start his career without a clear-cut star receiver. Even Blake Sims had Amari Cooper. Even Bryce Young struggled with the drop off in receiving talent last year.

Burton is looking like he ready to take that mantle, so it's only up from here.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Got Oregon winning like 44-38. Think this is the year Oregon gets back to the title game.

I still don't think Oregon is that good, but with USC and Utah looking worse than expected, their chances are improving.

Before, I thought they'd be lucky not to lose both games @UW and @Utah, probably lose at home to USC, and could potentially drop one of the WSU or OSU games too. So it really looked like at minimum a three loss season. Now....I still struggle to see them losing fewer than two games. I think they probably lose the UW game and at least 1-2 out of the Utah, USC, WSU, and OSU games. They could be a legitimate top-10 team but I'm shocked if they're a top-4 team, and they'd have to really luck out with the right playoff opponents to make and win the title.

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Milroe is the first Alabama QB in a decade to start his career without a clear-cut star receiver. Even Blake Sims had Amari Cooper. Even Bryce Young struggled with the drop off in receiving talent last year.

Burton is looking like he ready to take that mantle, so it's only up from here.
What about that year where Adarius Stewart was #1 or the year where Calvin Ridley was a true freshman and he was #1

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Nygga you implying Chip teams are now..

Actually Chip teams remind me of yall.

All style points and no defense. Thats what Chip was..

We just hired IMO the best pure coach we ever had. The team is being built like how GA was. Taking safeties and putting weight on them and making them fast linebackers. The Lines are better. We huddle now. We have higher rated players than chip had. Chip was doing it with 3 star players. It was a talent gap.

Dont judge my team off some shyt years ago.
Chip at least got yall to title games.

If you think Oregon is better now than they were from 08-14…….Then cool

charknicks

All Star
Daps
So in the ACC, its possible for Florida St, North Carolina, and Louisville, to all be 12-0 and undefeated in the conference, since none of them play each other. So one of these teams could be Top 7 and not even make the conf championship game. This is the downside of these conferences being too big/too many teams.