• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
You brought up Kentucky being 7-6 or whatever last season. That shouldn’t matter.

If it does then we have to talk about how Georgia is like 36-1 or some shyt the past three seasons with wins over Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Oregon, Michigan, TCU, etc.

If we gonna do that then nobody can open their mouth and say anything about Georgia’s schedule, especially knowing that they had OU scheduled but were forced to cancel because of the SEC.
Breh nobody is discounting Georgia, you lost in the argument somewhere. This is about the mid of the SEC being overrated in the polls.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Gtfoh y’all be on the same shyt all the time, I wouldn’t Even post here for a period of time and yet still get my notification blown up. Just say y’all have y’all picks and chooses like a bunch of high school girls
Some do sure, But you know I like when LSU is up. But you can’t cry when people shyt on your team for not living up to expectations. The Texas loss yesterday wasn’t bad and wasn’t a typical Texas choke/loss like they normally have. That game could have gone either way easily.

You gotta get this work just like everybody else especially because you do become insufferable when LSU is doing good and you know you do.

I be having niccas I NEVER EVEN HEARD OF tagging me talking shyt when USC be bullshytting :wtf:

Its part of the game. Im bout to go in on these Notre Dame niccas as soon as I finish eating:mjgrin:

Silkk

Daps
Breh nobody is discounting Georgia, you lost in the argument somewhere. This is about the mid of the SEC being overrated in the polls.
Cmon breh, Texas and OU get the same treatment EVERY preseason.

Remember when yall were unranked, Beat Notre Dame week 1, and shot up to #10 the next week :comeon:

Crizzy

U wanted the smoke...u can have it your way
Daps
Reppin
RMFT
Gtfoh y’all be on the same shyt all the time, I wouldn’t Even post here for a period of time and yet still get my notification blown up. Just say y’all have y’all picks and chooses like a bunch of high school girls
Nah u just goofy

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You brought up Kentucky being 7-6 or whatever last season. That shouldn’t matter.

So are you saying that until this week, Kentucky should have been ranked ahead of Georgia then? Should they have been #1 and #2? I'm not sure I understand what your position is.

If it does then we have to talk about how Georgia is like 36-1 or some shyt the past three seasons with wins over Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Oregon, Michigan, TCU, etc.

If we gonna do that then nobody can open their mouth and say anything about Georgia’s schedule, especially knowing that they had OU scheduled but were forced to cancel because of the SEC.

You're all over the map here. Why would good wins in previous years justify an easy schedule this year? You think if you do good one year, you should be able to just coast the next year?

Let me break in down in more detail, because you seem to be confused.

1) I think rankings should be a reward for this year's performance and nothing else. Personally, that's why I don't think teams should even be ranked until the 6th or 7th week of the year, because there's not enough information before then and so bias and perception plays too large a role, which distorts impressions later one.

2) However, I think that in evaluating this year's performance, when you look at how good your early season wins are and you don't have enough information yet, you can take past performance into consideration. Both Georgia and Kentucky have had shytty schedules, and Georgia has sleptwalk through a couple games If you're ranking those teams, I think it would have been perfectly fine to rank Kentucky similar to Georgia, based on their wins so far this season.

However, this year's few games just isn't enough data to actually know how good a team is, especially if all they've scheduled is cupcakes. Due to past performance, I know that in reality Georgia is a MUCH better football team than Kentucky is, and thus I would rate a win over Georgia as a MUCH more impressive win than a win over Kentucky. I think recent past performance by your opponents should factor into perception of schedule strength, but your own recent past performance shouldn't impact your rating this year.

Once there's actually enough games to compare (sadly impossible if you have a shyt-easy schedule), then I would stop using opponents'' recent past performance. By week 10 or 11, you don't need it anymore IF good teams have played each other enough to fairly rank them. But if one team or the other has played a crap schedule, you just can't tell how they rank.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Cmon breh, Texas and OU get the same treatment EVERY preseason.

Remember when yall were unranked, Beat Notre Dame week 1, and shot up to #10 the next week :comeon:
This argument isn't about preseason polls. :aicmon: it's ok to just sit the argument out breh. You've responded twice now with points that have nothing to do with the original argument.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Obviously they didn't prepare well :manny:

So in the past few replies we learned
  • Polls don't matter
  • Wins vs inferior competition doesn't matter (but you get to choose who is superior and who is inferior based on your own head canon)
  • Losses are bad only if you think the team is bad
  • 5-1 in the sec is good even if you've beat nobody, but the same does not apply to other conferences
  • Michigan shouldn't be ranked because they haven't beat anyone
  • But Georgia is a rightful #1 because reasons
  • Nothing matters unless it helps your team's perception
By these sliding metrics Oklahoma should be the #1 team in america, right?
OU and Texas should be ahead of Michigan

Silkk

Daps
So are you saying that until this week, Kentucky should have been ranked ahead of Georgia then? Should they have been #1 and #2? I'm not sure I understand what your position is.

You're all over the map here. Why would good wins in previous years justify an easy schedule this year? You think if you do good one year, you should be able to just coast the next year?

Let me break in down in more detail, because you seem to be confused.

1) I think rankings should solely be a reward for this year's performance. Personally, that's shy I don't think teams should even be ranked until the 6th or 7th week of the year, because there's not enough information before then and so bias and perception plays too large a role, which distorts impressions later one.

2) However, I think that in evaluating this year's performance, when you look at how good your early season wins are and you don't have enough information yet, you can take past performance into consideration. Both Georgia and Kentucky have had shytty schedules, and Georgia has sleptwalk through a couple games If you're ranking those teams, I think it would have been perfectly fine to rank Kentucky similar to Georgia, based on their wins so far this season.

However, this year's few games just isn't enough data to actually know how good a team is, especially if all they've scheduled is cupcakes. Due to past performance, I know that in reality Georgia is a MUCH better football team than Kentucky is, and thus I would rate a win over Georgia as a MUCH more impressive win than a win over Kentucky. I think recent past performance by your opponents should factor into perception of schedule strength, but your own recent past performance shouldn't impact your rating this year.

Once there's actually enough games to compare (sadly impossible if you have a shyt-easy schedule), then I would stop using opponents'' recent past performance. By week 10 or 11, you don't need it anymore IF good teams have played each other enough to fairly rank them. But if one team or the other has played a crap schedule, you just can't tell how they rank.
Im not confused about anything lol. Yes previous season results factor into preseason rankings. We all understand that. You keep talking about Georgia’s schedule, When they can only play who’s on it.

You’re blaming them for it when they had OU scheduled and the SEC cancelled it. How is that their fault? It’s also not their fault they miss LSU or Bama in conference or that Auburn, Tenn, SCAR, & most importantly Florida are down.

During our Dynasty run our schedules weren’t the toughest either. The Pac 12 damn sure wasn’t what it is now back then.

If you’re trying to say there should be no rankings at all until after a certain point in time each year, Then yeah of course logically that makes sense. It don’t make dollars though.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
That CAC @jwonder still thinks the SEC is better than the Pac 12 this season :russ:

In fact, I believe he called the Pac 12 the worst conference :mjlol:

I’ll be honest you should take everything he says with a grain of salt, this the same nikka cape’n for a guy who he had his poster on the wall

Silkk

Daps
This argument isn't about preseason polls. :aicmon: it's ok to just sit the argument out breh. You've responded twice now with points that have nothing to do with the original argument.
Nah I brought up how often mid Texas teams have been given that same benefit and now you don’t want to talk about it. Its cool.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Having the opinion a team is "good" is relative breh. You are basing Kentucky being a good team on stats against opponents I write off because the competition is below average to out right terrible. I was interested to see how Kentucky performed against Georgia and after watching the game it confirmed my opinion of them. But question, do you consider Auburn and South Carolina to also be good teams?

And I also do not think all teams ranked in the top 25 as good teams either. My thought process isn't exclusive to SEC teams.

Breh we’ve played, what, 6 weeks of football? There’s only so much data we have to make week to week decisions about the qualities of these teams but since this whole “discussion” began I haven’t read a compelling reason for why UK shouldn’t have been ranked other than a weird series of rants about conference bias and nefarious scheduling by the SEC by @Rhakim

Auburn isn’t a good team, SC isn’t a good team. They’re ok teams this yr. Both will make a bowl but I doubt either team is ranked this yr. Neither school had nowhere near the resume of UK through 5 games. And if you’re a top 25 team you’re a solid/good team IMO, top 10-15 are closer to good/great, top 5 are great/elite

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier

Now I understand why fools like @smitty22 @Ruck @OSUBaneBrowns @MustafaSTL stay doggin UM. It's a cult.

This was at the game yesterday.

Yesterday

While struggling agaisnt Maryland.

they-hate-us-they-aint-us.gif

:skip:

I'm just completely dumbfounded that you actually believe this. I have no words...

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
@O.iatlhawksfan don't know if you're a Tristan but it's the best we can do, it's the best we can do :hubie:

@AVXL I don't know when ya bday is but this how we rockin big dawg :whoa:

Piros_kocka_1024x1024.jpg

I mean, clearly everybody needs some cake and a hug. And shyt, even for good measure @Ed MOTHERfukkING G @DropTopDoc @Trust Me I ain't no hater, we got something for y'all too :hubie:

:unsure:

9413e24d19eda6369bc3124ec410fa6a.jpg

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Wow u really hating on that Yung black man

Get money get paid, but partying on a very down asu, that you struggled to beat is poverty celebration

You’ve never made a statement you won’t defend to the death despite mountains of evidence, like Chaulk was/is good :mjlol:

The only reason you pause posting is when you write checks you not willing to cash,

And i don’t have favorites, except @mozichrome i like the cut of his jib :russ:

Seriously Dude i don’t play favorites, err body cool here, even the osu boys, but your shtick wears thin because you can’t even have an objective debate

That was a narrative coming into the week. Im in Atlanta so I hear all of the talk around the program and the talk before the game this wk and UK has been a solid program under Stoops since he took over. Someone, I think @Ed MOTHERfukkING G compared them to current day Nebraska like huh :dwillhuh: do y’all even watch football?

The narrative :mjlol: aiiight man I’m gon have to start calling you macho man