The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
I’m hearing all sorts of shyt on the MSU boards ranging from the delusional to the insane. Might need a little more time before any realistic candidates are named.

Some that don’t seem Far fetched are Elko from Duke (ehhhh) and the dude that coaches Marshall (ehhhh).

I’ve even heard Marcus freeman listed listed lol watch MSU try to flirt with him just to force ND into an extension or a $2-3M raise.
Elko seems to be pretty good.

He's still a bit unproven, but what he's done so far at Duke has been impressive. His defense at A & M were always pretty strong and a lot of Aggy fans miss him there (pause :dame: ).

I don't know if he could do it at a bigger program with more expectations or how good he is at recruiting, but from a fundamentals and getting a team ready standpoint, he seems to be legit.

If Michigan State were to go the young "up-and-comer" route of a coaching hire, he wouldn't be a bad choice.

Of course fans always want to get a big proven name that would be a home run. I don't think Elko would be a home run, but I also think he could be a good lowkey hire.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium

He's still a bit unproven, but what he's done so far at Duke has been impressive. His defense at A & M were always pretty strong and a lot of Aggy fans miss him there (pause :dame: ).

I don't know if he could do it at a bigger program with more expectations or how good he is at recruiting, but from a fundamentals and getting a team ready standpoint, he seems to be legit.

If Michigan State were to go the young "up-and-comer" route of a coaching hire, he wouldn't be a bad choice.

Of course fans always want to get a big proven name that would be a home run. I don't think Elko would be a home run, but I also think he could be a good lowkey hire.
After how bad their last guy maintained it after portaling heavy for his only real success, I don’t think Mich St fans should have anything to say about slow and steady. But I’m seeing some Auburn fans ready to bury Freeze after going to bat for his “changed ways” and all this other hyperbolic nonsense. Big brand college football fans have a hole in their brains

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Notice that gnome hasn’t even touched that comment, huh? :mjpls:

He knows who daddy is. :dame:
3 wins in 20 years. Your comment touched.

life-movie.gif

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I’d like to see Elko win with a different QB he recruited first, we don’t know how much of his success could be attributed to him having a 1-2nd rounder at QB

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
I’d like to see Elko win with a different QB he recruited first, we don’t know how much of his success could be attributed to him having a 1-2nd rounder at QB

That could be a limiting factor to a lot of mid level teams. coaches who have success, it’s usually a player that makes their system shine, you just hope it translates on the next lever

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

It’s hard to get “proven” guys, especially when you are a msu, it’s more of a guy looking for a leg up, (program on some what same level but now more of a media noticed program) or a hot shot coordinator, Sean might be a good look, but he’s going to need to put together a good staff, same for Elko he’s going to need a good oc, and recruiting staff, but he’d be hell if msu gets either

Elko looks like he should be MSU’s top choice

I wonder if he wants a more east coast job, or if he wants to dip his toe in all that

FWIW. I ain’t gonna front like I even know all these names…and Mark Dantonio? Cmon

Sean is a good look, gonna need a good staff, and will be hell offensively