The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
Saban and Dabo both look tired. You can tell they don't like what they do anymore. They just goin thru motions. Next yr the regular season is dead. Teams can lose 3 games and make the playoffs.

And like others have said, talent is everywhere now.
Yea. As an alum believe me I’ve been watching Clemson for 20 years so I know exactly what I see. I hope, doubt it happens, is that Dabo makes Riley the HC and retire. Yea the payout would be insane but miss me with that bs that Clemson can’t afford it.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
All part of the plan, I still cant believe this dude would be tryna do anything with a metoo type with a 100 milli on the line :snoop:
Yeah, I don't get the beating off on the phone, but why u even trying anything with a rape victim whose business is to be public and go after men who cross lines. Mel gotta have cte. Must be kickin in. I'd fire him for stupidity before the debauchery.

I know its a poor bish at msu that would do whatever he wants if he pays their tuition. And keep they mouth shut.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I got no beef with Texas nikkas, but they’re going to be making a few of them SEC nikkas’ lives hell if they come into this season with the cache that it looks like they will

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Man the SEC is some kinda boo boo I ain’t gonna lie. If we looked at piss poor as we did yday, I’d typically think we’re fried, but we might still be a 8 win team rn :mjlol:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
The talent def feels more widespread than it was before. Like the top is worse than it was this time a decade ago, and the bottom feels a bit better. Seems like the ideal byproduct of NIL to me.
I think it's the transfer portal. It kills depth but ensures that the best talent is always on the field somewhere.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
That Dline is full of fukking aliens! Cotdam and the dude Edgerrin Cooper at Linebacker, man wtf.. Their DB squad is kinda weak, they lost ALOT from the #1 pass defense last year, like 3 dbs to NFL and then the 3-4 corners who were supposed to be next in line transferred out.. To duke, LSU, Houston, etc..
Their dline coach is an elite recruiter. But they don’t have a cb worth a damn.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Fam, Brenda Tracy is not a new name. She’s worked with countless universities and non profits across the country, to bring awareness to sexual and spousal abuse. Including working with our Wolverines a few years back.

Mel fukked up.

I know, he should know better

michigan state can probably fire Mel with cause and then not have to pay his buyout saving taxpayer money because it's a state school

deion followed the mel tucker blueprint a bit: they both were black head coaches hired at colorado, first 'Tuck was coming' and then Deion said 'I'm coming;' mel tucker used the transfer portal to get kenneth walker III and a bunch of others win against michigan, deion then used the transfer portal to the extreme and overturned the whole roster similar to texas state and a few others. i'm pretty sure they talked or deion just loosely followed what mel did that worked

Idk if they want to push it, from the report it’s concluded that no one is at fault, what’s fukkin her story up, they both deleted text from there phones

Mel went to cu said get more money please they was like nah, so he went to msu with some assurances, he had to flip his roster too, but he’s struggled since, idk what year 1-2 look like for prime

I had a similar thought…if Bama/Clemson talent fell off from their peak, where did that talent go? Or did southeast talent fall off too?

There is a lack of overall talent, and yes Bama ain’t getting it alone, because it cost too much, Clemson never had gobs of 5 stars, they were selective and kept numbers low

But these two programs are a good qb away from making a decent run

After what I saw yesterday I have 3 thoughts:
1. Colorado,imo, has a good chance of making a bowl game and Deion should win Coach of the year no question.
2. Bama will probably lose another 2 games this year. There is something off with this team similar to Clemson. Saban is still the standard but year by year it moves away from that.
3. Florida State might get into the Championship game this year. I know it’s early but I haven’t seen them look this dominant since Jameis. Yes I know it’s only 2 games in.

Yeah like i told @RammerJammer
What if it wasn’t coaching and you are back to good/great and not exceptional anymore, (talent wise)

What if the coaching is there, but the talent isn’t

Saban and Dabo both look tired. You can tell they don't like what they do anymore. They just goin thru motions. Next yr the regular season is dead. Teams can lose 3 games and make the playoffs.

And like others have said, talent is everywhere now.

Coaches period are tired, it’s not just them, you may be able to lose three games, but doesn’t mean your fan base, institution, or money is ok with it

It’s not even the regular season its 50-11 portal seasons, on top of recruiting, it’s becoming a bit much

All part of the plan, I still cant believe this dude would be tryna do anything with a metoo type with a 100 milli on the line :snoop:

That’s what tf I’m saying, like why tf you fukkin with her, you gain nothing