PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
ANN ARBOR, Mich. — Speaking publicly for the first time since Michigan Athletics self-imposed a three-game suspension, Jim Harbaugh compared the punishment to “a baseball bat to the kneecaps or to the shoulder.”

“This is uncharted waters for me,” Harbaugh said Monday at his weekly press conference.

“As a college player, I had my arm broken. Missed six games, I think it was. As a pro player, I don't think I ever missed three in a row, and I had all kind of injuries. I mean, the ribs, the broken fingers, things like that. Concussions never kept me out of a game. Had an MCL, put a brace on and played. Had a shoulder separation. I think that might have been two games. Might have been three. It was at the end of the season, so it would have been more, though.

“I've heard people comment, ‘It’s a slap on the wrist.’ It's more like a baseball bat to the kneecaps or to the shoulder.”

Harbaugh and the Wolverines have been the target of an NCAA investigation into alleged Level II violations related to impermissible recruiting during a dead period and impermissible coaching by an analyst. The program is also facing a Level I violation stemming from Harbaugh’s responses to the NCAA.

When asked, Harbaugh said he remains “completely muzzled” from discussing specifics about the NCAA investigation. He also declined to comment about how Athletic Director Warde Manuel delivered news of the self-imposed suspension.

“I don’t want to go into how it was conveyed. It was conveyed. I respect his decision,” Harbaugh said.

Michigan received a Notice of Allegations from the NCAA in January, and by late July, Harbaugh and the NCAA were reportedly negotiating a four-game suspension. But those talks broke down after the Committee on Infractions denied the punishment.

“The Michigan infractions case is related to impermissible on and off-campus recruiting during the COVID-19 dead period and impermissible coaching activities, not a cheeseburger,” the NCAA said in a statement earlier this month. “It is not uncommon for the COI to seek clarification on key facts prior to accepting. The COI may also reject an NR (negotiated resolution) if it determines that the agreement is not in the best interests of the Association or the penalties are not reasonable.”

The self-imposed punishment for Harbaugh is an “attempt to further” the NCAA process, according to U-M Athletic Director Warde Manuel.

“While the ongoing NCAA matter continues through the NCAA process, today’s announcement is our way of addressing mistakes that our department has agreed to in an attempt to further that process,” Manuel said last week. “We will continue to support coach Harbaugh, his staff, and our outstanding student-athletes. Per the NCAA’s guidelines, we cannot comment further until the matter is resolved.”

Speaking at Big Ten Media Days, Harbaugh said he had “nothing to be ashamed of” but that he was unable to comment further due to the nature of the “ongoing situation.”

“As you probably already know, I’m not allowed to talk about any aspect of that ongoing situation. I’m with you: I’d love to lay it all out there,” Harbaugh said last month. “Nothing to be ashamed of. But now is not that time. That’s about all there is to say about that.”

The Wolverines enter the 2023 season as the reigning Big Ten champions. They captured the conference crown in 2021 and 2022, reaching the College Football Playoff both times.

“If anything, this is gonna make us go even harder, you know what I’m saying?” running back Blake Corum said at Big Ten Media Days about the possibility of a Harbaugh suspension. “Maybe a little motivation, light a fire under us. So really just rally my troops, get them going, and we’re gonna do this (for) Coach Harbaugh — if that is the case.”

The Wolverines begin the 2023 season against East Carolina, UNLV and Bowling Green in the non-conference. The Big Ten slate, when Harbaugh is slated to return following the three-game absence, starts at the Big House against Rutgers on Sept. 23.

Harbaugh said he isn't sure what he'll do during game days. He might go to his son Jack's football game, he said, and he continues to coach Michigan during the week.

“Some people called up and asked my wife what are we doing for the three-week vacation that we're about to take?” Harbaugh said. “There isn't one. I’m coaching every single day. There will be this Saturday, the following Saturday, the following Saturday that I won't be able to be on the premises or at the game. And how am I going to react to that? What am I going to feel at that point? I don't know yet.”

Because the suspension is self-imposed, the possibility of future measures from the NCAA — likely in 2024 — remains.

Defensive coordinator Jesse Minter will coach the Wolverines against East Carolina, while offensive coordinator Sherrone Moore will have that responsibility in Week 2. Special teams coordinator Jay Harbaugh and run game coordinator Mike Hart will split duties against Bowling Green.

“When you're the head coach during a game and you're the guardian of victory, that's a tremendous responsibility,” Harbaugh said.

Fire Warde Manuel's fat fukking ass right now. What a gutless fukk.

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
Lil cuz named back up QB. The starting QB been in college since 2017!!!… This shyt gottta be stopped
file.php

_Z922301.jpg

One of the biggest busts in recent memory
nikka been at USC for 3 years and can’t see the field. 3rd on the depth chart and was unstoppable in HS
mqdefault.jpg

file.php

Last edited: