The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
We in single digits :blessed: Last weekend without cfb for awhile, make it count

Out of those Heisman winners how would you rank top 3? :patrice:

Off initial watch, I got Lamar, Burrow, Cam
Burrow
Cam
Caleb

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Cam had some mid games during his heisman run, there were games where his supporting cast(that gets shyt on so much) won the game for them, that get lost in the whole Cam Newton put the team on his back narrative.

Silkk

Daps
Cam had some mid games during his heisman run, there were games where his supporting cast(that gets shyt on so much) won the game for them, that get lost in the whole Cam Newton put the team on his back narrative.
Only down game I really remember from him was vs LSU.

But on the flipside I say the same about Burrow vs Auburn as well.

Some games just be like that. Reggie Bush had to turn into Superman to pull off the W vs Fresno too :manny:

Daps
Reppin
Chi

Some games just be like that. Reggie Bush had to turn into Superman to pull off the W vs Fresno too :manny:

I remember watching that Fresno game live…Bush threw the cape on frfr

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw that Dre Kirkpatrick has a son being recruited by Bama. :why: Almost feel Dre sr. was just at Alabama shyt don’t even feel like that long ago

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
other than the Clemson and maybe Oregon games, you can’t even just stat watch and come to this conclusion man. They ran a read option where the primary running threat was always Cam, so even when the other RBs got off, it was cuz of Cam.

The implication that the rest of the cast doesn’t deserve what they gets tells me you ain’t watch much of 2010 Auburn either :francis: Their LBs were average, their CBs couldn’t press against bottom feeders and their safeties were largely useless. OL was pretty good, but it’s not anywhere comparable to these Alabama, FSU and LSU title winning teams cmon now. nikkas ain’t just coming to a consensus and making up how bad that team was, relative to other title contenders. Darvin Adams, Terell Zachary, Emory Blake, how many of those names do you recognize?

O.iatlhawksfan

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
other than the Clemson and maybe Oregon games, you can’t even just stat watch and come to this conclusion man. They ran a read option where the primary running threat was always Cam, so even when the other RBs got off, it was cuz of Cam.

The implication that the rest of the cast doesn’t deserve what they gets tells me you ain’t watch much of 2010 Auburn either :francis: Their LBs were average, their CBs couldn’t press against bottom feeders and their safeties were largely useless. OL was pretty good, but it’s not anywhere comparable to these Alabama, FSU and LSU title winning teams cmon now. nikkas ain’t just coming to a consensus and making up how bad that team was, relative to other title contenders. Darvin Adams, Terell Zachary, Emory Blake, how many of those names do you recognize?
Y’all lose to Oregon if not for everybody else

O.iatlhawksfan

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans

Burrow didn’t play bad against Auburn

Silkk

Daps
Burrow didn’t play bad against Auburn
They held yall way below scoring average so call it what you want.

It was like when Peyton played the Patriots in the early 2000s. Sure he got some of his shyt off, But it wasn’t what he usually did vs other teams.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Back in 2010 (keep in mind the SEC was behind the curve on most of these spread offenses that littered the league a few years later), 2010 Auburn had 7 games where their opponent scored 26 or more. Basically half of their games, in a defensive league, they had to put up 4 TDs just to win. 4 times, the other team scored 30 or more. That was what B12 defenses were allowing at the time man. That team dead ass may not be bowl eligible without Cam if you look at who they played, and I think Lamar and UL is the only other tenure I can say that about post-Cam