The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ron Mexico

Superstar
Daps
Isnt MSU/ND series dead even since 2000?

Not suggesting ND is “afraid” but y’all seem much more interested in protecting your little boston college and navy “rivalries” over MSU & scUM….particularly scUM, which correct me if I’m wrong, is the only series you don’t have The all time lead on.

MSU vs ND goes back to the 1800s…
Some of those rivalries had to go away when ND started playing several ACC teams every year. They've already agreed to play Michigan again. Won't be until 2033-34 though.

I personally wish they'd stop playing Navy. Hate watching that boring offense.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
I do understand the ND perspective on this, they don’t have a ton to gain from playing MSU. If they lose it’s rough, and the series has always been close back to the 90s, and if you win, you’re *supposed* to win bc you’re nd.

Secondly, they have a huge fanbase, particularly in the Midwest so they don’t get Much further expansion/exposure by playing another Midwestern team every year, particularly if there’s a 50% of losing to MSU or like 75% chance of losing to y’all. So, nd would rather play out East (navy,bc) where they can be more national and beat easy competition.

ND has a far easier opportunity than anyone else to position themselves as a national
Team, bc their name doesn’t have any geographical ties to it, similar to Duke hoops. A casual in a random State that doesn’t really follow college ball will adopt them if there’s not an in-State power.

Nd gets love for its religious affiliation, and old white man mystique, growing up in Chicago i ain’t see too many brothas as Irish fans, can’t really call it in Indiana, but I’d guess the same. But white boys… love them, at my hs one of the freshman coaches and teacher was on their football team, he talks about their trip to the cotton bowl, and how they got an engraved rolly and tackling oj, but it’s a cult in the Midwest among whites so i get they want to get to Cali and the dmv and Florida, but like ari said, they need to hit all them catholic schools up for their talent and pipeline them

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
How many days since usc beat OSU :brutus: ?

Trying to live off the glory of others. Ol we can’t fight on no more so let me dikk ride others ass nikka :buckPhil:
Damn that hurt.... :mjcry:

But not as much as it hurt you when Michigan ran all over yall for the 2nd year in a row at the Horseshoe. I seen them posts :umad:

Or when your bum ass kicker shanked that Field Goal :umad:

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Damn that hurt.... :mjcry:

But not as much as it hurt you when Michigan ran all over yall for the 2nd year in a row at the Horseshoe. I seen them posts :umad:

Or when your bum ass kicker shanked that Field Goal :umad:
Imagine Utah being the hump you can’t get over :deadrose:. Then trying to clown a team that was a fg away from winning it all.:russ:.
thecoli.com