The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Idk how that makes sense. FSU and Clemson belong in the SEC.
If it makes Dollar$$$$, it makes sense breh.. Its a arms race and they loading up.. Plus they got the best tv deal out..

U got USC/UCLA about to play these midwest teams.. You got to look at it thru the new per$pective, not old school way of thougt

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yGRYgsC.gif

Wtf was he thinking. Why did he think this was a good idea :dame::dame::dame:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
this is what I'd like to see
East
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Diet Michigan
  3. Rutgers Scarlet Knights
  4. ohio state
  5. Penn State Nittany Lions
  6. Clemson
  7. FSU
  8. Purdue Boilermakers
  9. Indiana Hoosiers
  10. Maryland Terrapins
West
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. USC
  3. UCLA
  4. Oregon
  5. Washington
  6. Iowa Hawkeyes
  7. Minnesota Golden Gophers
  8. Northwestern Wildcats
  9. Wisconsin Badgers
  10. Illinois Fighting Illini
You'd have to play 9 division games, 1 out of division, and 2 out of conference I guess
i'd also add that adding stanford to the west and notre dame to the east would be interesting

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
Not sure how true this is

FSU And Clemson are morons if it's true

I guess the B1G ain't gonna make the same mistake twice (I'm glad they did) when they passed on OU and Texas because we weren't AAU. I guess FSU & Clemson are a package deal. This won't work like they think it will for both sides.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
FSU And Clemson are morons if it's true

I guess the B1G ain't gonna make the same mistake twice (I'm glad they did) when they passed on OU and Texas because we weren't AAU. I guess FSU & Clemson are a package deal. This won't work like they think it will for both sides.
Travel aside, there’s still grant of rights so how will they get them

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
Travel aside, there’s still grant of rights so how will they get them
So, there are two ways FSU & Clemson leave the ACC without paying a dime...

1. ACC expands therefore releasing binding teams to the conference & nullifying the current GOR. The ACC won't do this because it's basically keeping everyone in jail until 2036.

2. FSU is lobbying for a dissolution vote which requires 8 votes. Whether or not you consider ND an ACC school or not, they are pretty close to having the 8 votes if schools like Pittsburgh, Louisville and Virginia Tech if they're willing to come to the Big XII with their geographically and natural rivals (Louisville fanbase is already on board per insiders). So the teams that already have homes whether first or second choice are:

FSU, Miami, GT, Clemson, UNC, NC State, UVA, VT, UL, Pitt & ND. That is 11 teams; the original magnificent 7 that openly declared wanting to leave the ACC, 2 other teams that have value in the Big XII if they are willing to join, GT that is an AAU school in the south that both the B1G and SEC want and Notre Dame who is barely holding to independence.

They have the votes and the longer FSU and Clemson stay in the ACC (the schools driving dissolution) the more money schools in the other big 3 conferences will make.

FSU, for example, is salty because UCF, who is in the Big XII will be making more money than them starting in 2024 because with all of the Big XII tier media packages combined, the total payout per school is between 47-50 million per year, per school. This is the type of money the PAC wanted.... why do you think Colorado left?

It was because of this, being on linear TV to maximize recruiting and Deion's exposure, around the country and in Texas