The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Gonna be an interesting next few days, best believe the lawyers been in back rooms tryna figure out how to find the loop hole.. this might be a way..

My contact alleges the revenue projections presented to Florida State's Board of Trustees on March 7, 2013, by ACC Commissioner John Swofford and TV consultant Dean Jordan, were grossly inaccurate and misleading.

FSU's Board acted on the bad-faith representations of the ACC. Swofford and Jordan knew the revenue projections were unrealistic yet assured the Board profits from a conference network would put the Seminoles on par with their SEC peers.

That's what lawyers call "intentional fraud." Swofford, in his capacity as the commissioner of the ACC, intentionally misrepresented revenue projections with the intent to deceive the Board of Trustees into signing the grant of rights.
My contact claims Swofford and Jordan also committed "constructive fraud" during their presentation to the Board

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
So, there are two ways FSU & Clemson leave the ACC without paying a dime...

1. ACC expands therefore releasing binding teams to the conference & nullifying the current GOR. The ACC won't do this because it's basically keeping everyone in jail until 2036.

2. FSU is lobbying for a dissolution vote which requires 8 votes. Whether or not you consider ND an ACC school or not, they are pretty close to having the 8 votes if schools like Pittsburgh, Louisville and Virginia Tech if they're willing to come to the Big XII with their geographically and natural rivals (Louisville fanbase is already on board per insiders). So the teams that already have homes whether first or second choice are:

FSU, Miami, GT, Clemson, UNC, NC State, UVA, VT, UL, Pitt & ND. That is 11 teams; the original magnificent 7 that openly declared wanting to leave the ACC, 2 other teams that have value in the Big XII if they are willing to join, GT that is an AAU school in the south that both the B1G and SEC want and Notre Dame who is barely holding to independence.

They have the votes and the longer FSU and Clemson stay in the ACC (the schools driving dissolution) the more money schools in the other big 3 conferences will make.

FSU, for example, is salty because UCF, who is in the Big XII will be making more money than them starting in 2024 because with all of the Big XII tier media packages combined, the total payout per school is between 47-50 million per year, per school. This is the type of money the PAC wanted.... why do you think Colorado left?

It was because of this, being on linear TV to maximize recruiting and Deion's exposure, around the country and in Texas
I’m aware, but, nobody has tried to force the dissolution yet, so we wait and see, my thing is, if fsu had the juice like they are making it seem, then shyt would come to ahead, I’m thinking these other schools know, currently nobody is begging for their institution, or they could be waiting for the big 12, but either way, we wait and see

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
I’m aware, but, nobody has tried to force the dissolution yet, so we wait and see, my thing is, if fsu had the juice like they are making it seem, then shyt would come to ahead, I’m thinking these other schools know, currently nobody is begging for their institution, or they could be waiting for the big 12, but either way, we wait and see
That was the whole point of GOR in first place, basically to protect the schools no one wants.. It does nothing for the top schools in a conference and thats why you see in Pac, those schools with options to make more money bounced and the schools with no options WISHED they had a GOR in place.. CFB as we know it is gone, probably last season we will see before the NFL lite version is introduced

Daps
Reppin
Chi
UW fits athletically and academically
Oregon has guap
Would love to see B1G grab some southern schools so FSU & Clemson fit that and have the football pedigree.

One of my homies that went to scUM and claims to be super in tune to CFB claims eventually the B1G will dump Rutgers and northwestern.

I don’t agree with him and I don’t think that’s the point of all the expansion but wtf do I know

He has a point that just bc Rutgers is in nyc market, it doesn’t mean anyone watches their games. There are more ND fans in that market than Rutgers fans. His point was also that Chicago market has alumni from every core big ten school to not need Northwestern to hold that market. Which is also true. There are more WI/MSU/UM/OSU fans in Chicago than there are Illinois/NW

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
UW fits athletically and academically
Oregon has guap
Would love to see B1G grab some southern schools so FSU & Clemson fit that and have the football pedigree.

One of my homies that went to scUM and claims to be super in tune to CFB claims eventually the B1G will dump Rutgers and northwestern.

I don’t agree with him and I don’t think that’s the point of all the expansion but wtf do I know

He has a point that just bc Rutgers is in nyc market, it doesn’t mean anyone watches their games. There are more ND fans in that market than Rutgers fans. His point was also that Chicago market has alumni from every core big ten school to not need Northwestern to hold that market. Which is also true. There are more WI/MSU/UM/OSU fans in Chicago than there are Illinois/NW
Way back me and lucky did a two man weave podcast and i said it’s a lot of schools that are laughing and pointing, or thinking they are safe, when the new realignment happens, they gon find themselves getting a foot on their ass as they are jettisoned from their position in the big two, and will have to form up an under league of all the teams of schools where they not committed, or the dregs of their conference, so if you are a Rutgers, etc you better start pulling your weight other wise it’s Finna get colder than a chick at the child support office

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Freeze looks like he drives a van with ice cream stickers on the outside, no product on the inside :sitdown:
I still can’t stomach claiming the dude, and the recruits who cite him being a “best friend of a coach” must be insane. I know for the most part, you relate to the positional recruiter, but I’d be disgusted the second I had to look at dude

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Way back me and lucky did a two man weave podcast and i said it’s a lot of schools that are laughing and pointing, or thinking they are safe, when the new realignment happens, they gon find themselves getting a foot on their ass as they are jettisoned from their position in the big two, and will have to form up an under league of all the teams of schools where they not committed, or the dregs of their conference, so if you are a Rutgers, etc you better start pulling your weight other wise it’s Finna get colder than a chick at the child support office

Really wish B1G would’ve gotten UT-A. Was it because they were a package deal with OU, and OU didn’t measure up academically? I have to imagine UT is in AAU and pull their weight with research

If we are dumping teams from conferences, I have no issue with Rutgers leaving. They provide nothing but an occasional road hoops game at MSG

I was telling my breh that the soon to be formed super conferences will need a few vandys, northwesterns, in the mix so every game isn’t do or die.

ND is the big prize that will be forced to eventually join a conference. Culturally they fit perfectly w/ the B1G, although they probably fancy themselves on par athletically with the SEC powers 🙄🙄🙄

They’ll do whatever they can to remain as independent as possible.

@Silkk, Once USC is integrated, is the plan to still play a full B1G schedule AND ND still? Could lead to some murderous scheduling in the future if so.

Last edited:

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
Really wish B1G would’ve gotten UT-A. Was it because they were a package deal with OU, and OU didn’t measure up academically? I have to imagine UT is in AAU and pull their weight with research

If we are dumping teams from conferences, I have no issue with Rutgers leaving. They provide nothing but an occasional road hoops game at MSG

I was telling my breh that the soon to be formed super conferences will need a few vandys, northwesterns, in the mix so every game isn’t do or die.

ND is the big prize that will be forced to eventually join a conference. Culturally they fit perfectly w/ the B1G, although they probably fancy themselves on par athletically with the SEC powers 🙄🙄🙄

@Silkk, Once USC is integrated, is the plan to still play a full B1G schedule AND ND still? Could lead to some murderous scheduling in the future if so.
This and the fact that Texas was still trying to hold onto the Longhorn network.

OU isn't far off from being an AAU institution. The knock on them is that they don't have a on campus medical facility. OU is the home of the National Weather Service Organization (pretty fukking important) and recieves the bulk of the research money that comes into Oklahoma. Then OU Engineering school, especially for Chemical Engineering (oil companies), get funding too. Nebraska, before they lost their AAU status was supposed to sponsor OU's membership provided that they were allowed to join the B1G.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin

Ultimately boils down to tv money and who’s going to pay for home games against Toledo navy and usc every two years

Nd pond is shrinking and they best move on to a bigger one

Daps
Reppin
Chi
This and the fact that Texas was still trying to hold onto the Longhorn network.

OU isn't far off from being an AAU institution. The knock on them is that they don't have a on campus medical facility. OU is the home of the National Weather Service Organization (pretty fukking important) and recieves the bulk of the research money that comes into Oklahoma. Then OU Engineering school, especially for Chemical Engineering (oil companies), get funding too. Nebraska, before they lost their AAU status was supposed to sponsor OU's membership provided that they were allowed to join the B1G.

Would love OU in the big ten. Don’t gaf about UMD or RU.

Y’all a better fit in SEC most likely

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
Would love OU in the big ten. Don’t gaf about UMD or RU.

Y’all a better fit in SEC most likely
We are because we would have ended up like Nebraska... abandoning our priority recruiting area and the boosters pulling all funding from athletics to play games in a conference that we weren't really wanted in over a conference that was a better geographical and cultural fit.

Former OU president David Boren was about to destroy OU athletics in the pursuit of AAU status.