The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
Chi
This is so disrespectful :mjlol:

finebaum just be saying whatever to stir the pot. Is he still riding that Harbaugh can’t coach?

Saban could go 0-12 this season, Get fired bc of a sex scandal, and he’d still be the GOAT.

I’m not trying to even hear about how some old coaches from back in the day before scholarship limits, with voted national championships are on his level bc they aren’t.

He’s done it in the bcs era, he’s done it in the playoff era, and he’s won multiples in each.

fukk some back in the day shyt where the #1 team played the #6 team and was voted as a national Champion.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
finebaum just be saying whatever to stir the pot. Is he still riding that Harbaugh can’t coach?

Saban could go 0-12 this season, Get fired bc of a sex scandal, and he’d still be the GOAT.

I’m not trying to even hear about how some old coaches from back in the day before scholarship limits, with voted national championships are on his level bc they aren’t.

He’s done it in the bcs era, he’s done it in the playoff era, and he’s won multiples in each.

fukk some back in the day shyt where the #1 team played the #6 team and was voted as a national Champion.

I don’t listen to Finebaum as much as I used to but I’m sure he still takes his shots at Harbaugh.

But you said the same thing I was saying, nothing can diminish his legacy at all, 7 National Titles and 10 Conference Titles and his legacy still getting questioned? That’s like people in the NBA questioning LeBron’s legacy cause he got swept by Denver :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
I've seen Josh Pate get some hate in here before and I don't get it. Dude drops content year round and makes it entertaining with just one guy doing the show. The failure rate of an entertaining one man show is like 99%.
Just started listening to him and I find him mostly entertaining. But he carries a lot of water for coaches and think he has a pretty big blind spot as far as the role race plays in college football (not alone in this regard).

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Just started listening to him and I find him mostly entertaining. But he carries a lot of water for coaches and think he has a pretty big blind spot as far as the role race plays in college football (not alone in this regard).
Yeah, Certain coaches for sure.

I’ve never really heard him really talk about race much though except when it comes to the hate that deion gets.

Daps
Reppin
Chi

Aside from recruiting well from putting dudes in the league consistently, what factors make y’all O Line standout every year?

Is it an o line coach that’s been there for a while? Being able to scout and spot specific types of players? Development?

Being more talented than every team you play besides 1 (unless you meet an SEC top dog in the playoffs) is an advantage to the statistics, but y’all line has still been routinely better than OSU’s.

It’s obviously a combination of several factors, but it’s interesting that several schools seem to recruit “better” prospects but also don’t yield the same product.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Yeah, Certain coaches for sure.

I’ve never really heard him really talk about race much though except when it comes to the hate that deion gets.
He talked a bit about Notre Dame/Miami catholic vs convicts a little too gleefully the other day. He seems nostalgic for those days of college football but didn't really add any context to why that might not have been a great thing.