The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
He talked a bit about Notre Dame/Miami catholic vs convicts a little too gleefully the other day. He seems nostalgic for those days of college football but didn't really add any context to why that might not have been a great thing.
He’s a deep south SEC Georgia guy so it definitely wouldn’t surprise me if he’s :mjpls:

Cant say that definitively about him though like I can about a faggit like Tray Clavis

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
He’s a deep south SEC Georgia guy so it definitely wouldn’t surprise me if he’s :mjpls:

Cant say that definitively about him though like I can about a faggit like Tray Clavis
Yeah, I don't get the impression he's a Clay Travis racist. He's more of a, “I don't care if you're green, purple, or polka dot” type. He seems like a decent enough guy but generally you don't grow up where he did and come out the other side having enlightened ideas about race.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

They see it :sas1:
Aside from recruiting well from putting dudes in the league consistently, what factors make y’all O Line standout every year?

Is it an o line coach that’s been there for a while? Being able to scout and spot specific types of players? Development?

Being more talented than every team you play besides 1 (unless you meet an SEC top dog in the playoffs) is an advantage to the statistics, but y’all line has still been routinely better than OSU’s.

It’s obviously a combination of several factors, but it’s interesting that several schools seem to recruit “better” prospects but also don’t yield the same product.

Recruits and coaching

Bama gets better recruits, but has struggled with guys as of lately

Apparently we have targeted guys that fit in our scheme and build them up, we’ve also hit in the portal

I won’t necessarily use the “D” word (development) because it’s so subjective, a lot of these high ranking linemen are giants among their peers, when you are 6’7 300 how many guys could outmaneuver you ? But you see all these big guys get put on skates when they play comparable size or strength, because they trying to learn technique/break bad habits, while gaining and growing into a new body

But it also goes back to a discussion me and P had on the cast, finding good linemen is hard, and you can’t just convert te’s either

Outside of Mario, and whoever they got at Iowa, i believe we have the best coaches for linemen