• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I think that’s one that ebbs and flows in terms of both realism from the fans and how much the coaching staff is putting into it.

I don’t think Auburn has the NIL to compete for those dudes as a squad coming off of .500. If Freeze had Auburn right, no bias, I think they land Coleman and Demarcus Riddikk and have a 40/60 shot at flipping Perry going into the Iron Bowl. But that’s because itd alleviate the NIL price they’d have to throw out. LSU, A&M, Texas, they’re going to always be in contention for those dudes because the bag is gonna make up the difference

BTW, I know the geography they’re recruiting against with Perry better than 99% of the people who’d follow this lol…it wasn’t a great chance at completing that flip, but it’s VERY impressive they could even get a foot in the door with that situation
NIL is definitely going to separate the haves, and the have-nots but there are schools that have been spending recklessly that are about to go through some growing pains. This isn't bag money(one time payment) anymore and most of these kids are intelligent enough to know they can threaten to enter the portal to get a re-up. Most schools didn't expect it to be as expensive to maintain a roster. I know some schools are already setting baselines on how much they'll spend on specific players and have budgets set for the year. A school going all in on a player like Cam means less resources for other players, and the only school that pretty much has a bottom less bag is Oregon, but luckily for everyone else their geographic location and their current conference situation will hold them back.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
NIL is definitely going to separate the haves, and the have-nots but there are schools that have been spending recklessly that are about to go through some growing pains. This isn't bag money(one time payment) anymore and most of these kids are intelligent enough to know they can threaten to enter the portal to get a re-up. Most schools didn't expect it to be as expensive to maintain a roster. I know some schools are already setting baselines on how much they'll spend on specific players and have budgets set for the year. A school going all in on a player like Cam means less resources for other players, and the only school that pretty much has a bottom less bag is Oregon, but luckily for everyone else their geographic location and their current conference situation will hold them back.
Yeah A&M will hopefully have to start tightening up a lil bit once Texas and a hopefully good OU (mainly Texas tho) gets that SEC money coming in yearly. on top of whatever buyout they pay Jimbo and staff after firing him this season.

UT and A&M really the ones fukking up the market for the SEC rn, I think everyone else is pretty much getting the talent and in the order you’d expect even in a NIL-less era. The middle tier (Aub, UF, UTk) are more or less where they should be

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
@smitty22 why y’all want to get into recruiting battles with us. Y’all getting top players every year let my Gamecocks get somebody. If Dylan Stewart goes to OSU I will vote that Michigan beats OSU and wins the BIG this year.
If it was a offensive player i would be with you, but we need all the 5* defensive help we can get. Oh you really don’t mean that bout voting scUM either. Just emotions.

Last edited:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Yeah A&M will hopefully have to start tightening up a lil bit once Texas and a hopefully good OU (mainly Texas tho) gets that SEC money coming in yearly. on top of whatever buyout they pay Jimbo and staff after firing him this season.

UT and A&M really the ones fukking up the market for the SEC rn, I think everyone else is pretty much getting the talent and in the order you’d expect even in a NIL-less era. The middle tier (Aub, UF, UTk) are more or less where they should be
A&M has already tightened up. Look at their recruiting class last year. They are still reeling from going all out on that '22 class and then having to pay again to keep half of them on the team. This Cam commitment is going to hamper them going forward in this recruiting class. Honestly not sure why they'd spend that on a WR, other than they needed some momentum. Will be interesting to see if that commitment sticks.

I'm not sure if I'd call it fukking up the market, but it's just everyone's war chest is different when it comes to NIL. Also some schools will be more balanced while some will go big game hunting and have a top heavy class with a bunch of bread filling the rest of the class. Organization and roster management is going to become important soon here.

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Recruiting ranking is overrated anyways most these guys end up being bust. I remember when a tik tok page was doin videos on past recruiting rankings and where are they now and most were bust.

As cliche as it sounds the most important thing is to have a good culture and kids who want are bought in to what the coach is selling them

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Stopped there on the way to Columbus one time, stopped at a gas station and got some fried chicken, greasiest fried chicken I ever had

Never again
If you got it in Columbus you're lucky it was chicken. You know they're eating Fried Pigeon down there :scust: the struggle is infinite in Ohio.

Never trust a buckeye chef. :sitdown:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Recruiting ranking is overrated anyways most these guys end up being bust. I remember when a tik tok page was doin videos on past recruiting rankings and where are they now and most were bust.

As cliche as it sounds the most important thing is to have a good culture and kids who want are bought in to what the coach is selling them
It's the 24/7s and Josh Pates of the world who just go by the ranking and use "all x many of champions have % percentage of elite recruits" as a steadfast rule...as of tcfukkinu didn't just play in a title game :heh:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
My fist gone be in a great spot on your jaw if you make another random post like this again.

Ghat damn

Chingy frowning
Stopped there on the way to Columbus one time, stopped at a gas station and got some fried chicken, greasiest fried chicken I ever had

Never again

Went to school with a nikka from there, nikka stole some tvs if i remember right when he decided school wasn’t for him, he was a chill dude, but i always get a watch your back vibe with being there and nikkas from there
@smitty22 why y’all want to get into recruiting battles with us. Y’all getting top players every year let my Gamecocks get somebody. If Dylan Stewart goes to OSU I will vote that Michigan beats OSU and wins the BIG this year.

Waymin you was gon go against the mob and vote otherwise

72ZH.gif

Most folk that big game hunt have bread, but the thing about it is how much liquid cash do you have at any given time to make moves, also being smart with who to pay and not pay
If it was an offensive player i would be with you, but we need all the 5* defensive help we can get. Oh you really don’t meant that bout voting scUM either. Just emotions.

He know better than to vote against the mob
A&M has already tightened up. Look at their recruiting class last year. They are still reeling from going all out on that '22 class and then having to pay again to keep half of them on the team. This Cam commitment is going to hamper them going forward in this recruiting class. Honestly not sure why they'd spend that on a WR, other than they needed some momentum. Will be interesting to see if that commitment sticks.

I'm not sure if I'd call it fukking up the market, but it's just everyone's war chest is different when it comes to NIL. Also some schools will be more balanced while some will go big game hunting and have a top heavy class with a bunch of bread filling the rest of the class. Organization and roster management is going to become important soon here.
A&M is a case study in you can buy talent but get the right guys, and have yourselves some competent coaches, i don’t think Jimbo ever had that locker room a lot of them kids was about the check first

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
If you got it in Columbus you're lucky it was chicken. You know they're eating Fried Pigeon down there :scust: the struggle is infinite in Ohio.

Columbus Ga
It's the 24/7s and Josh Pates of the world who just go by the ranking and use "all x many of champions have % percentage of elite recruits" as a steadfast rule...as of tcfukkinu didn't just play in a title game :heh:
Having a good mix of top 100 kids is good, but nikkas put too much stock in rankings and names, let me see that nikka on Saturday and I’ll tell you if he a 3,4, or 5

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps

Im sure he meant Columbus Ga which is right across the bridge from Phenix City :martinBuck: . Besides

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
TCU and Baylor have both been the best team’s in Texas the last 2 years respectively while the 2 obnoxious entitled schools with all the money and top recruiting classes haven’t won shyt