The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
To keep it a stack, CFB been a slow dying product for at least 8 or so years, they might as well optimize the emphasis on the playoff and massive brands by making it to where the playoff is bigger (numerically and in terms of coverage)

There's no way, to me, that CFB trends up again with how its currently structured and who currently has power. And this is pretty much the warnings that was associated with the major moves made in the early 2010s :manny:

Translation
To keep it a stack, Auburn been trash so I'm depressed about college football:mjcry:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

I just tell these young men don’t grow up to be Columbus tech buckeyes
I know it mattered :dwillhuh:

Im saying it wouldn’t have in a 12 team playoff year.

And we see that shyt EVERY year in the NFL where teams rest their starters after clinching playoff spots and stop giving a fukk the rest of the way.

It still matters, them folks in the nfl are different, it’s not a 1 to 1 comparison, this it won’t matter seems to only work in your mind, and basically says that teams that lose won’t care, when they do, (realistically most 19 yo care about this to a point then they just enjoy the fringe benefits) but the coaches care so they will make the kids care, guy on his couch “ oh man this was a good game but won’t count” as They watch the game and matters with seeding and can put rivals out based on wins too
To keep it a stack, CFB been a slow dying product for at least 8 or so years, they might as well optimize the emphasis on the playoff and massive brands by making it to where the playoff is bigger (numerically and in terms of coverage)

There's no way, to me, that CFB trends up again with how its currently structured and who currently has power. And this is pretty much the warnings that was associated with the major moves made in the early 2010s :manny:
The viewing numbers would say otherwise the issue is no regionality and little parity

nikkas getting tired of the sec playing rock paper scissors for who year it is

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I just tell these young men don’t grow up to be Columbus tech buckeyes

It still matters, them folks in the nfl are different, it’s not a 1 to 1 comparison, this it won’t matter seems to only work in your mind, and basically says that teams that lose won’t care, when they do, (realistically most 19 yo care about this to a point then they just enjoy the fringe benefits) but the coaches care so they will make the kids care, guy on his couch “ oh man this was a good game but won’t count” as They watch the game and matters with seeding and can put rivals out based on wins too

The viewing numbers would say otherwise the issue is no regionality and little parity

nikkas getting tired of the sec playing rock paper scissors for who year it is
do something about it

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

How many times the past few years have we seen top 5 upsets in College Basketball and everybody collectively goes :unimpressed:

Why would it be different in CFB now with less stakes for most of the top teams that know they’re in regardless?

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
You'd let your child go play for Bret Bielema? :hhh:
If he has minimal options, it’s a good school, and he’d be close to family, his g ma could see him, but my situation a lil different because ties to the state, but Illinois gotta fight harder for our in state talent

But if lil Droptop a 5 star fukk Illinois :mjlol:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
If he has minimal options, it’s a good school, and he’d be close to family, his g ma could see him, but my situation a lil different because ties to the state, but Illinois gotta fight harder for our in state talent

But if lil Droptop a 5 star fukk Illinois :mjlol:
You should send him to Northwestern to get an education :usure:

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
How many times the past few years have we seen top 5 upsets in College Basketball and everybody collectively goes :unimpressed:

Why would it be different in CFB now with less stakes for most of the top teams that know they’re in regardless?
It’s because the avg nikka couldn’t tell you who plays for their school, one and done has killed cbb because we aren’t invested in these kids

You still have 3 years to know a kid so it matters

Caleb came back and it’s year three in Lincoln’s system so you should be hyped

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
It’s because the avg nikka couldn’t tell you who plays for their school, one and done has killed cbb because we aren’t invested in these kids

You still have 3 years to know a kid so it matters

Caleb came back and it’s year three in Lincoln’s system so you should be hyped
Thats BS. The upsets in CFB matter because of the stakes.

All you gotta do is look back at the 07 season. Nobody knew who the fukk played for App State, Rutgers, South Florida, Kansas, Etc.

Im not even sure what that last part has to do with anything :/