The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
Chi
He was showing touch in the bowl games i think he might be ready, but honestly the way Tennessee offense is so vertical he literally fits

What’s the trade off ? Kids who have their buzz and highly recruited gain nothing but a minimal check, they could get hurt, get exposed as whack, only a kid that’s trying to increase their ranking gains, and folks not trying to see them, plus most folks don’t know half these kids anyway, you could tell me Joe jacobs is a 5 star cb and I’ll be like that’s what’s up, let me see him actually play real comp
All depends on what that check is....

Not all 3 & 4 star players are getting NIL bags...especially random positions like free safety or TE, so if they're getting $50k+ they'd likely be down.

Coaches are going to not like this tho, and I do see the audience as limited to recruitniks and superfans of top 15 college teams. I love CFB but I rarely follow HS recruiting unless it's someone already committed that's a high 4 or 5 star, and even then I don't really care until they're on campus. I follow hoops recruit much more b/c the AAU and tournaments mean much more 5* playing other 5* players.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I foresee Saban being mad af about this...

depending on the timelines, any coach might not like this due to risk of injuries playing 'non meaningful' (to the coaches) games. Timeline would likely have to be Soph/Juniors entering their Jr./Sr. year of HS right? Most graduating prospects are reporting to campus ASAP....in hoops, prospects aren't still playing AAU ball in the Spring/Summer before their frosh year.
I don't like it at all.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
I don't like it at all.
I'm with you...from a fan's perspective why do you want your top prospects risking injury to play in a glorified pick up game?

I could see the NILs having clauses to keep players from playing in shyt like this...If I'm a booster or major financial supporter of NIL, I'd rather pay extra to have the top tier guys stay out of these games.

I do see some value in having more time to shine for 2* and low 3* players. Lower P5 or non P5 schools could benefit in that. Bigger schools have more opportunity to find some hidden gems. But who's going to watch that lol

I'm interested in the timeline too...would this be spring ball before finishing senior year of HS? Or more for F/So/Jrs?

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
All depends on what that check is....

Not all 3 & 4 star players are getting NIL bags...especially random positions like free safety or TE, so if they're getting $50k+ they'd likely be down.

Coaches are going to not like this tho, and I do see the audience as limited to recruitniks and superfans of top 15 college teams. I love CFB but I rarely follow HS recruiting unless it's someone already committed that's a high 4 or 5 star, and even then I don't really care until they're on campus. I follow hoops recruit much more b/c the AAU and tournaments mean much more 5* playing other 5* players.

Getting 50k a kid would be a stretch, again folks love football but the avg cat are simply not invested

We got miles pollard, and I’ve been looking for him to hit the field and he hasn’t, i remember hearing so much about mazi back in the G, it took brown and a new Dc to get him on the field finally, I’m just not that checked in until you touch the field, and i think that’s a larger portion, hell I’m not even looking at the army joint anymore, like someone said 2-1 stars may benefit, but there’s no market to promote it and get them paid

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
This is no different than Nike’s the opening. Expect for the part that the actual players get paid

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Bishop Sycamore definitely going to have multiple athletes in there.

Starting weak side backer gon finish the game then go complete his shift at the plant

Also gon be on the sideline hitting a Newport, or have one behind his ear for half time
#1 team in America will be from Gary, Indiana, whole squad will have to work a shift at US Steel after home games :wow: