• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Is Dart going to have the same sentiments towards McClellan? The shyt works both ways. And didn't Dart get to Ole Miss by transfer?

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Where my michigan brehs at, peeped a couple michigan games, not many to pull from but from what I see they are NASTY at disguising coverages, they definietly do more than most college defenses do on the back end. I watched th TCU game and not sure if they didnt respect TCU or what but seemed they played more man coverage and got COOKED with screens/pick routes and this year seem to be more split field coverage but like a 4-2-5 base with multiple looks, simulated pressure looks, split field coverages, quarters, cover 6, rotating coverages, tampa 2, some man match, etc. This is ALOT for college, cotdam.

Now it makes sense why they are at top of most advanced defensive stats. Stunts on dline, simulated pressure, varied fronts tied to varied coverages that all change from pre snap to post snap and still be fundamentally sound (RARELY saw busted coverages and such), I dont see much elite athletes as much as its a difficult defense to decipher. Being able to sit with a light box and still not get run on, while keeping 2 safeties deep while also rotating coverages to take away big play. :ehh:

Only thing I can see is if you can run on them (not many could) or use tempo (wash does some but they like to huddle and set up with their motion and shifts). I would use tempo more as it seems to limit what they can do with simulated looks and such. They had a special defense for OSU and Marv, I wonder whenever the DC gets to speak if he will be questioned on using same on odunze, I would imagine he would say UW has more talent at other spots that it might be tough but they got it in their playbook.

This defense might take over the world if both Mich and Baltimore win championships same year running this joint and without elite pass rushers but still extremely high in sack numbers. Sheesh. Why I still wanna ride with Penix tho?? :lolbron:

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
:russ:That was a weird game compared to others I seen. They mainly stay two high keep everything in front and change looks based on opponent but its mostly zone. They did alot of man and pressure and tcu had a field day. Gonna be interesting to see if Penix make ALOT of money but thats a tough code to crack, they challenge you on front and back end and its all tied together..

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Where my michigan brehs at, peeped a couple michigan games, not many to pull from but from what I see they are NASTY at disguising coverages, they definietly do more than most college defenses do on the back end. I watched th TCU game and not sure if they didnt respect TCU or what but seemed they played more man coverage and got COOKED with screens/pick routes and this year seem to be more split field coverage but like a 4-2-5 base with multiple looks, simulated pressure looks, split field coverages, quarters, cover 6, rotating coverages, tampa 2, some man match, etc. This is ALOT for college, cotdam.

Now it makes sense why they are at top of most advanced defensive stats. Stunts on dline, simulated pressure, varied fronts tied to varied coverages that all change from pre snap to post snap and still be fundamentally sound (RARELY saw busted coverages and such), I dont see much elite athletes as much as its a difficult defense to decipher. Being able to sit with a light box and still not get run on, while keeping 2 safeties deep while also rotating coverages to take away big play. :ehh:

Only thing I can see is if you can run on them (not many could) or use tempo (wash does some but they like to huddle and set up with their motion and shifts). I would use tempo more as it seems to limit what they can do with simulated looks and such. They had a special defense for OSU and Marv, I wonder whenever the DC gets to speak if he will be questioned on using same on odunze, I would imagine he would say UW has more talent at other spots that it might be tough but they got it in their playbook.

This defense might take over the world if both Mich and Baltimore win championships same year running this joint and without elite pass rushers but still extremely high in sack numbers. Sheesh.
You hit the nail on the head with your post. We run a base 4-2-5. It helps being able to wreck havoc with our front 4 alone. Linebackers can play freely then. Minter's a damn near genius though. I thought Mike Macdonald was a beast (he's the DC for Baltimore right now, and was our DC right before Minter got here.. same scheme though) Stunts, twists.. he throws the kitchen sink at opposing offenses. Thing is, he's unpredictable.. and like you said, he disguises primary calls so well. I was watching Klatt break down the Alabama game, and I didn't know this. Michigan only blitzed 5 times in the first half. They accounted for each of UM's 5 sacks, and they cam from a different gap every time. That shyt must be a menace to gameplan against.
Why I still wanna ride with Penix tho?? :lolbron:

Probably cause that offense is so much fun to watch, and Penix been through it with injuries etc. If you're not a fan of either one of these teams, I can see why you'd want Penix to win it all. Washington was probably my second favorite team this year. They're just a blast to watch.

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
E75-EB3-E5-0-A8-D-4-E2-E-B355-B47838-F8-B7-F6.jpg

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
You hit the nail on the head with your post. We run a base 4-2-5. It helps being able to wreck havoc with our front 4 alone. Linebackers can play freely then. Minter's a damn near genius though. I thought Mike Macdonald was a beast (he's the DC for Baltimore right now, and was our DC right before Minter got here.. same scheme though) Stunts, twists.. he throws the kitchen sink at opposing offenses. Thing is, he's unpredictable.. and like you said, he disguises primary calls so well. I was watching Klatt break down the Alabama game, and I didn't know this. Michigan only blitzed 5 times in the first half. They accounted for each of UM's 5 sacks, and they cam from a different gap every time. That shyt must be a menace to gameplan against.

Probably cause that offense is so much fun to watch, and Penix been through it with injuries etc. If you're not a fan of either one of these teams, I can see why you'd want Penix to win it all. Washington was probably my second favorite team this year. They're just a blast to watch.
Yea at quick glance you would think its 4-2-5 with split field ala tcu gary patterson type stuff but then they got saban/smart pattern matching stuff in there and the rotating coverages is wild. But the team seem really prepared and well coached with barely any busted coverages. You know how hard that is with very limited practice time and college kids?? Respect. :salute:

The simulated pressures are a fukking pain in ass, bama had young guys on edge so they didnt seem to know who was coming and with a month to prepare, they had alot of looks cooked up. Free rushers coming but no hot reads available or open. With UW being a big shot team that has hit big on almost EVERYBODY last couple years, gonna be interesting how they attack a defense thats comfortable sitting with 2 safeties deep and taking away big play (Bama I dont think hit anything with their big arm QB, was completely taken away).

Facts on Penix, Florida breh who shout out his city and free the guys on national tv with a durag under his helmet :wow:

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Yea at quick glance you would think its 4-2-5 with split field ala tcu gary patterson type stuff but then they got saban/smart pattern matching stuff in there and the rotating coverages is wild. But the team seem really prepared and well coached with barely any busted coverages. You know how hard that is with very limited practice time and college kids?? Respect. :salute:

The simulated pressures are a fukking pain in ass, bama had young guys on edge so they didnt seem to know who was coming and with a month to prepare, they had alot of looks cooked up. Free rushers coming but no hot reads available or open. With UW being a big shot team that has hit big on almost EVERYBODY last couple years, gonna be interesting how they attack a defense thats comfortable sitting with 2 safeties deep and taking away big play (Bama I dont think hit anything with their big arm QB, was completely taken away).

Facts on Penix, Florida breh who shout out his city and free the guys on national tv with a durag under his helmet :wow:
We’re more than likely gonna try and keep it all in front of us. Make their offense earn every point. There’s only so much you can do when an offense is that explosive. We rotate 7-8 dudes up front, so they stay fresh. That helps the pass rush too. I know they like to take their shots down field, so we need to get in Penix face on the slower developing routes. You can’t give that dude all day. I’m excited as hell. Should be a dope ass game.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
They’d probably catch BK and beat the brakes off him :mjlol:

Wonder if thats ever happened anywhere before though

Ayyyooo

They are being tampered with and have wink wink deals but when they hit the portal the offer isn there

This, a lot of times staffs are making promises to multiple kids and who ever choose up or the better prospect gets picked up, it’s a treacherous game