The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
I'd think that if they got a chance to play for it all.. and they pass it up.. the league will take that as a huge red flag. I know I would.

If it was some bullshyt/meaningless bowl game like the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic, then I could see them shytting out. :sas1:
Or if the school i play for hasn’t won a bowl game in 9 years i could see them sitting out :brutus:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Yeah, I don't see many guys opting out of a chance to win a title. Would make them look like a complete and utter p*ssy.
Doesn’t change the metrics, more risk, more delayed prep.

Is Brock Bowers not going first round because he opted out? Come on guise

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

If thats the case then why even play the season at all?

If guys like Caleb, MHJ, Clowney, T.Lawrence, etc. are/were guaranteed top 5 picks then why not just sit the whole season based on that logic bro? The only time we've ever really seen that was with Jamaar Chase and that had more to do with the uncertainty of Covid.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
If thats the case then why even play the season at all?

If guys like Caleb, MHJ, Clowney, T.Lawrence, etc. are/were guaranteed top 5 picks then why not just sit the whole season based on that logic bro? The only time we've ever really seen that was with Jamaar Chase and that had more to do with the uncertainty of Covid.
Surely you aren’t equating 12 regular season games with 1-4 postseason games…..played after those 12

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Man I miss when bowl matchups meant something and everyone didnt just opt out of them. Maybe I am getting old, but I absolutely hate it.

Godfrey from splitzone had a take

Move a lot of bowls to the start of the season, make it an opening weekend event kids will like it, no one opts out and you can get some good match ups

Silkk

Daps
Surely you aren’t equating 12 regular season games with 1-4 postseason games…..played after those 12
Based on the logic you're using, It makes no sense for a guaranteed top draft pick to play the season at all.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Based on the logic you're using, It makes no sense for a guaranteed top draft pick to play the season at all.
Didn’t say that at all. You are just using your fan feelings as a guide to what you think will happen. 12 games of regular season tape is not the same as 1-4 games of post season tape.

Silkk

Daps
Didn’t say that at all. You are just using your fan feelings as a guide to what you think will happen. 12 games of regular season tape is not the same as 1-4 games of post season tape.
I'm not saying shyt about tape. I'm saying who ever sits out big time winner take all type games like that.

Literally the only example we have in the history of sports in regards to that is Derrick Rose. Literally everything other example we've seen has been players are going to play. Deshaun Watson finished his freshman season playing without a fukking ACL.

99% of current bowls are meaningless, That is the only reason that players opt out.

Silkk

Daps
Godfrey from splitzone had a take

Move a lot of bowls to the start of the season, make it an opening weekend event kids will like it, no one opts out and you can get some good match ups
We pretty much have that with a lot of the kickoff games.

Plus I can't even imagine how political it would get with bowl games fighting to get the big draw teams.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Yeah but you don’t work in an NFL FO

Cotton Bowl is and will be a playoff game…………
But it isn't a playoff game today tho.

Which is obvious because of the team(s) participating in in this year. :lolbron:
Or if the school i play for hasn’t won a bowl game in 9 years i could see them sitting out :brutus:
It's December 25th.

Christmas night.

CHRISTMAS night.

And you have this hate in your heart.

Of all nights.

:mjcry:

Do you not think teams would look at him differently if he had a chance to play for a championship, and passed it up? I'm not sure I can think of a more 'me me me' trait than that. There's no doubt it would paint a shytty picture of him. And if it even risks the chance of him slipping 1,2,3 picks.. that difference is millions.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I'm not saying shyt about tape. I'm saying who ever sits out big time winner take all type games like that.

Literally the only example we have in the history of sports in regards to that is Derrick Rose. Literally everything other example we've seen has been players are going to play. Deshaun Watson finished his freshman season playing without a fukking ACL.

99% of current bowls are meaningless, That is the only reason that players opt out.
But this a new reality so because you haven’t seen it before doesn’t mean it won’t happen.

We’ve been watching historic change to college football and you think the old rules will easily apply?

Come on guise.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
But it isn't a playoff game today tho.

Which is obvious because of the team(s) participating in in this year. :lolbron:

It's December 25th.

Christmas night.

CHRISTMAS night.

And you have this hate in your heart.

Of all nights.

:mjcry:

Do you not think teams would look at him differently if he had a chance to play for a championship, and passed it up? I'm not sure I can think of a more 'me me me' trait than that. There's no doubt it would paint a shytty picture of him. And if it even risks the chance of him slipping 1,2,3 picks.. that difference is millions.
I don’t think teams will care as much as you do as a fan because it’s not what you have romanticized in your memory.

Silkk

Daps
But this a new reality so because you haven’t seen it before doesn’t mean it won’t happen.

We’ve been watching historic change to college football and you think the old rules will easily apply?

Come on guise.
Would you opt out of a playoff game?