The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
If it wasn’t bad enough that an undefeated power 5 champion won’t get to compete for a title, Disney and ESPN have to explain to us that the quarterback is god and we have to like it.
Everybody says this already, go look at the Heisman winners….but now when it’s actually implemented in the logic of the CFP selection committee it’s all this fake ass outrage :mjlol:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Every program is designed with human biased integrated. It had FSU in because someone programmed a certain parameter to carry more weight in the calculation than another because they personally thought that’s how it should be. It’s not like a magic trick.

The bytching would still happen over the fact that humans are allowing a computer to make these decisions.

Maybe. But if I pluck a team of data scientists from XYZ who have absolutely no interest in football nor know any of the intricacies of the game, but they can code some shyt wit the best of em, it's gonna be *less* impartial than 70 year old Joe Thomas & Craig Robinson making their own criteria up as they go along.

You get a group of football people to all decide on inclusions and exclusions for what data is most probable to finding out who is the "best", and we meet and do this every year; But we not meeting to talk about this team is better than that team, or on a neutral field this, and if this team had this going for em on the raining Wednesday they would've done abc, that's inherently better than what the committee has been serving up.

You could quite literally prob make a video wit the committee similar to that one with Skip Bayless where he's debating and contradicting his own self over the years cuz niccas can't even stick to their own guidelines. That's bare minimum #1 right there is that type of extreme variation won't be there with the 🖥️

Don Juan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
Everybody says this already, go look at the Heisman winners….but now when it’s actually implemented in the logic of the CFP selection committee it’s all this fake ass outrage :mjlol:
But it’s not true. Die hard football fans know that. So I’m not enjoying the brainwashing.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
But it’s not true. Die hard football fans know that. So I’m not enjoying the brainwashing.
It’s true in practice from every level of football, whether it be coaching recruiting awards winning etc etc - you sound like a man in denial.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Maybe. But if I pluck a team of data scientists from XYZ who have absolutely no interest in football nor know any of the intricacies of the game, but they can code some shyt wit the best of em, it's gonna be *less* impartial than 70 year old Joe Thomas & Craig Robinson making their own criteria up as they go along.

You get a group of football people to all decide on inclusions and exclusions for what data is most probable to finding out who is the "best", and we meet and do this every year; But we not meeting to talk about this team is better than that team, or on a neutral field this, and if this team had this going for em on the raining Wednesday they would've done abc, that's inherently better than what the committee has been serving up.

You could quite literally prob make a video wit the committee similar to that one with Skip Bayless where he's debating and contradicting his own self over the years cuz niccas can't even stick to their own guidelines. That's bare minimum #1 right there is that type of extreme variation won't be there with the
🖥️
If this is the nucleus of what the programming is going to be based on I really don’t see much difference between a computer and a selection committee, you’re just automating what is already happening with the humans and using the criteria that those same humans say to use…. You may have a point about there being more inherent consistency ..but that’s only up until that programming criteria starts doing things and getting results that are consistently wrong

Don Juan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
It’s true in practice from every level of football, whether it be coaching recruiting awards winning etc etc - you sound like a man in denial.
Even if I wanted to concede that point, Rodemaker would have been at full strength by game time so it’s a shytty excuse anyway.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
If this is the nucleus of what the programming is going to be based on I really don’t see much difference between a computer and a selection committee, you’re just automating what is already happening with the humans and using the criteria that those same humans say to use…. You may have a point about there being more inherent consistency ..but that’s only up until that programming criteria starts doing things and getting results that are consistently wrong

For me, therein lies the point to the constant tweaking and the oversight of a governing body that's diverse so there no single dominating perspective or condition that affects the decision making. Plus maybe make at least a portion of the formula used by the 💻 public for transparency and use more polls than just 2.