The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
I think that's good enough 90% of the times. There have been years where a one-loss Power 5 team or a decent undefeated G5 team would have been left out still.

Or take 2019, where two-loss Alabama was ranked #9. You really think they wouldn't have screwed over Oregon or Baylor and pushed Alabama into the top-8 if it was an eight-team playoff? Then imagine if Alabama won that year, but Oregon is sitting their thinking that was their chance.

A 9th-ranked team could easily think they had a title shot certain years. But a 13th-ranked team, that's going too far.
99% of the time, the divide for top teams probably never goes beyong 5-6 teams most years, even that is a stretch. We can go back 20 years and it definitely aint reaching 8 :heh:

We KNOW what this is, its a money grab. Most fans wont complain because its MORE good football and not another Mich vs. Rutgers like most weeks. The coaches were in support because it such an easy sell when you lose lets say 2 games but in 12 teams still able to make it and sell to fanbase. PLUS you get BIG bonuses for making playoffs and achieving as such in contracts. All the coaches that I spoke to loved it, Orgeron was the only one who said its about the money and bonuses.. :mjlol:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
The audacity of some of u actin like Georgia was overrated and Bama aint one of the 4best teams. Im sickened.

Associate Press better give us a Natty if we win the bowl. This playoff is a farce. Jack Plummer is a piece if shyt.
If they were the best one of them would be undefeated. Neither team dominated this season like they usually do. I don't understand why that is so hard to get. This is probably the weakest I've seen the SEC in quite some time. That NIL is starting to kick in. :mjgrin:

You can't say a team is going to get blown out from some stupid eye test. For example We all asked do you really think TCU would beat Michigan and you saw what happened. SEC should take their L's and move on.