The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vino

Superstar
Daps
Bama would win by 20. Don't want them in it though. Need to see new teams. That's why I like the 12 playoff scenario.

I think this may be a legit Michigan squad but I want to see them play Bama or Georgia. I like my scenario because I don’t want a 3 string FSU QB against them. I want them tested and to eliminate all excuses (from other fan bases) if so.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
I think this may be a legit Michigan squad but I want to see them play Bama or Georgia. I like my scenario because I don’t want a 3 string FSU QB against them. I want them tested and to eliminate all excuses (from other fan bases) if so.

Yea I don’t want Some team limping into the playoffs giving anyone (scum or whoever) a ln easier path to the title game

MI is legit. They're at the very least the second best team, potentially the best.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Naw it's the same coach. Same team. Beat up on garbage teams all year and then get smacked on the mouth bowl time. It's been going on for a decade now :skip:

If Michigan was in the SEC they'd go 8-4 every year.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Gundy with an awful coaching job in the chip

Cuck CFB will talk about how you should praise the fact that they made it to the chip

vino

Superstar
Daps
Naw it's the same coach. Same team. Beat up on garbage teams all year and then get smacked on the mouth bowl time. It's been going on for a decade now :skip:

If Michigan was in the SEC they'd go 8-4 every year.

:russ:See, that’s why i need my scenario to happen. We need to settle this debate asap.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
The Texas OL Pancake factory NIL initiative was a one year thing. It was quickly learned that wasn't going to be sustainable and also you didn't want to have to pay every OL on the roster that amount on a yearly basis.

When NIL became a thing the thought at Texas was we would get to a point where everyone on the roster would at least be getting a base NIL "salary" yearly. In year 3 that is no longer the goal. Reason #1 one is because we wouldn't be able to afford it, reason #2 is if you are paying everyone that gives some guys less incentive to move on and sometimes you need to lose some guys from the roster.

I know everyone thinks a school like UT is swimming in NIL money but it isn't a bottomless well. Right now most of the NIL money comes from mid level donors and the fans. The big money guys largely don't believe in paying football players and would much rather give their money to have a building built with their name on it. I think of it as living paycheck to paycheck because after almost every cycle pennies are being scraped together. So far we have been able to not renig on any promises, not all teams can say that, and being in a city with no professional teams the corporate NIL gives us a much needed assist. But Texas is tapped out for the most part, and I imagine a lot of other schools are too.

Spot on, the money not there like people think, it’s a few cats doing their thing, all the nil has done is inflate a lot of kids ego into thinking they worth more than they are