• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
You have some of these programs paying like 1-4 guys a kings ransom and the other nikkas not eating for real

What you have in schools like smu getting every body 36k or Texas and all the linemen get like 10 or so racks is rare

As for the coaching and what not, no argument there, but then also some of these kids that would be a stud at some of these schools would rather sit the bench at some bigger name brand

Yes
The Texas OL Pancake factory NIL initiative was a one year thing. It was quickly learned that wasn't going to be sustainable and also you didn't want to have to pay every OL on the roster that amount on a yearly basis.

When NIL became a thing the thought at Texas was we would get to a point where everyone on the roster would at least be getting a base NIL "salary" yearly. In year 3 that is no longer the goal. Reason #1 one is because we wouldn't be able to afford it, reason #2 is if you are paying everyone that gives some guys less incentive to move on and sometimes you need to lose some guys from the roster.

I know everyone thinks a school like UT is swimming in NIL money but it isn't a bottomless well. Right now most of the NIL money comes from mid level donors and the fans. The big money guys largely don't believe in paying football players and would much rather give their money to have a building built with their name on it. I think of it as living paycheck to paycheck because after almost every cycle pennies are being scraped together. So far we have been able to not renig on any promises, not all teams can say that, and being in a city with no professional teams the corporate NIL gives us a much needed assist. But Texas is tapped out for the most part, and I imagine a lot of other schools are too.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
9.5 was so disrespectful
One thing I think people also overlooked is Jalen McMillan coming back after being out like 8 games.. Dude was their #2 weapon last season and at one point was goto Odunze. Had over 1k last season, when he is on field their offense is a machine because you cant really key up Odunze like that with him also taking top off defense.. Polk goes back to #3 and they can COOK like early in season, people fell for the late season UW not understanding McMillan is a BIG piece of that machine.. :wow:

Boy had 131 yards last night :ohlawd:

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Just like Mazda Marv, Nix didn’t really have a great run but he sure did have A run. Enjoy the NFL

vino

Superstar
Daps
One thing I think people also overlooked is Jalen McMillan coming back after being out like 8 games.. Dude was their #2 weapon last season and at one point was goto Odunze. Had over 1k last season, when he is on field their offense is a machine because you cant really key up Odunze like that with him also taking top off defense.. Polk goes back to #3 and they can COOK like early in season, people fell for the late season UW not understanding McMillan is a BIG piece of that machine.. :wow:

Boy had 131 yards last night :ohlawd:

Yeah, they looked like a different team from the past few weeks. I didn’t expect this outcome.

vino

Superstar
Daps
I really don't get the hype about Texas. I wouldn't be surprised at all if OSU beat them.

I just want to see Mich vs. Bama and I think this is the logical scenario that makes that happen. Also, think Penix and Ewers qb shootout could be nice.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Seems like the majority of people are hoping Louisville beats them, lol

Of course but if they don't... I don't see FSU being left out with an undefeated season. I think Michigan is gonna beat Iowa no issues.

I think Texas will win also.

My question is what happens if Bama beats Georgia and I think you all know the answer. SEC ain't getting left out. Period.