PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Nygga are you trying to rebuttal for the sake of rebuttal?

”but but”

It‘s a silly comparison. Colorado had one of the toughest strength of schedules in the country.

Why even compare two completely different situations? If the intent is to make the Northwestern coach look better, cool but that’s little kid stuff at the end of the day.
Because the Northwestern coach was in an EVEN MORE difficult position considering he’d just come on board as DC and took over a few weeks before fall camp. Started 2-3 and won 5 of 7. Same with USF. The only difference is they didn’t gut their rosters, couldn’t load up in the portal and worked with what they had and now they’re going bowling after being picked to finish dead last in their respective conferences.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
And if anyone cared to pay attention, talking heads were really protective and outraged for Lewis. A couple I listened to put it out there he got demoted because he had his agent looking for an escape and already agreed in principle with SDSU. Brewster got tf outta there and he a straight up mercenary so that should tell folks something is going wrong there.
I respect the hell out of Deion's ability to pitch to this generation of zoomer kids in a way that's more fresh than anyone else has seemingly done in P5 + use his name brand and the HBCU charm for bringing the 30-40 year old black parent into the fold. But there definitely are some Power 5 program management things that it might've behooved him to see from an assistant/coordinator's POV (obviously too late for that now).

Not saying I still wouldn't take him before about 70-80% coaching options, but he's still a big work in progress, that's all

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because the Northwestern coach was in an EVEN MORE difficult position considering he’d just come on board as DC and took over a few weeks before fall camp. Started 2-3 and won 5 of 7. Same with USF. The only difference is they didn’t gut their rosters, couldn’t load up in the portal and worked with what they had and now they’re going bowling after being picked to finish dead last in their respective conferences.

Again, you clowns argue just for the sake of arguing.

My entire point here is that each situation is unique with its own separate challenges. There’s no point in making a comparison.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man, it'll be so wrong for Leftwich to have to take that bum azz Colorado job

I think it’s one of his only options.

He’s not part of the nfl “good ole boy” network to get recycled like these white coaches.

Once he was fired, people seem to have this assumption that it would be easy for a Super Bowl winning OC to get another job, but it doesn’t quite work like that for a black man.

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Again, you clowns argue just for the sake of arguing.

My entire point here is that each situation is unique with its own separate challenges. There’s no point in making a comparison.
but doesn’t it ultimately boil down to them recruiting players whether from HS or the portal from the same pool? And just looking at commits, he’s not doing that. Kids are decommitting and idc what “separate challenge” you talking bout, to only have 9 players committed at this point deserves scrutiny. Just using your celebrity trying to get kids who don’t even remember your playing days is a dangerous game.

Do you even know what you’re arguing?

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I respect the hell out of Deion's ability to pitch to this generation of zoomer kids in a way that's more fresh than anyone else has seemingly done in P5 + use his name brand
Again, these kids only have YouTube clips and their parents nostalgic takes on who Deion was as a player. This fresh approach has only garnered the attention of 9 commits so far and it’ll take more than 1-2 flips to call this a successful class and be anywhere near competitive. We out here giving credit for mediocrity.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24

deion-sanders-hard-to-find.gif

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I mean, Florida was ranked 12th (recruiting) for 2023 and went 5-7. Only thing that matters is what happens when the next season starts.

Portal hasn’t opened up amd we have zero clue what this team will look like.
But UFs staff is putting in work and building relationships. You see Napier and his staff at games on Friday nights. You not seeing none of that with Deion. And before anyone says “how you know?”, these nikkas love throwing shyt up for clicks and likes on social media. You think THIS is the time they decide to go zero dark thirty? :camby: