20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
So coaching means something?
It does
this goes back to our Jimmys and Joes vs. Xs and Os

it matters a WHOLE LOT in college. IMO more than any sport
Jimmy and joes dictate your X’s and O’s It’s a lot of coaches that don’t curtail their scheme to what they have
especially the talent gap between alabama / georgia; michigan / osu; texas / OK is like...nowhere as near as their fans think...its coaching and like 3 key players in recruiting
Alabama uga the talent gap is not big, but it comes down to getting that special one of one guy, that gives certain advantages. With how Will Anderson was playing, he was supposed to give a lot of advantages in pass rush and defense, and alter how you block and the focus of how your plays went.
the two Te’s from uga allow the offense to do a lot from blocking to pass routes, and not many have the players to even remotely check that

Us vs osu there is a gap, i don’t think it’s as big as it used to be, but they still are getting more 5 stars and high 4 stars than us, the biggest difference they aren’t getting that one of one guy on defense, they had a run of a lot of defensive guys, that hasn’t happened in a cycle.
Oklahoma vs Texas is a different story texas is rebuilding ou got gutted
One day there needs to be a discussion about how David Shaw has run Stanford football into the ground...
I don’t think ran into the ground so much as the game has changed, and he’s had to adapt, how many really big and high gpa o linemen are there out there??? And Stanford was never going to keep it going

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Us vs osu there is a gap, i don’t think it’s as big as it used to be, but they still are getting more 5 stars and high 4 stars than us, the biggest difference they aren’t getting that one of one guy on defense, they had a run of a lot of defensive guys, that hasn’t happened in a cycle.
Oklahoma vs Texas is a different story texas is rebuilding ou got gutted
But you’re judging the idea that there is a talent gap between osu and michigan based on star ratings…thats my exact point. When you judge them on players and how theyre playing: Michigan’s o line is simply superior to osus, blake corum, donovan edwards, rj moten, mazi smith, rod moore, dj turner, would all start at osu tomorrow, and jj mccarthy would cause a qb controversy. So how big is that gap…not by stars, but by players? Michigan is literally as talented as ohio state and osu is full of “five stars”….and harbaugh is a better coach than Ryan Day so the tables have turned….

The star rating system makes people think aTm is actually a good football team…auburn has had a better recruiting class than Tennessee every year since 2015…who is more talented IRL?

The right players coached and developed >>>>> the most 5s and 4s

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Billy Liucci on A&M -

in his most recent Podcast, Liucci says "not a pretty scene" in the locker room after the SC loss.

"This is a fractured locker room. There is no leadership. It looks like a totally rudderless ship out there"

in reference to the pressure, Jimbo is under: "He can't yell his way out of it" "Unbelievable to watch Conor Weigman out there for 4 or 5 plays and he's getting his ass chewed coming off the field after the first possession of his college career"

"everything looks like a train wreck out there"

"real fear with the way things are going, Jimbo is going to look up at end of the season and all the talented Freshmen are going to portal out"

"It is like the Titanic and people looking for life rafts The program is to the point where it is every man for himself"

on TexasAgs:

lots of discussions about players being on double-secret suspension and not playing ( smoke that it was Denver Harris and a couple of others)

up to 4 players were rumored to be out partying in Columbia Friday night - might be related to above

word is getting around that numerous players are looking to possibly opt-out for 2022 and then portal out

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Billy Liucci on A&M -

in his most recent Podcast, Liucci says "not a pretty scene" in the locker room after the SC loss.

"This is a fractured locker room. There is no leadership. It looks like a totally rudderless ship out there"

in reference to the pressure, Jimbo is under: "He can't yell his way out of it" "Unbelievable to watch Conor Weigman out there for 4 or 5 plays and he's getting his ass chewed coming off the field after the first possession of his college career"

"everything looks like a train wreck out there"

"real fear with the way things are going, Jimbo is going to look up at end of the season and all the talented Freshmen are going to portal out"

"It is like the Titanic and people looking for life rafts The program is to the point where it is every man for himself"

on TexasAgs:

lots of discussions about players being on double-secret suspension and not playing ( smoke that it was Denver Harris and a couple of others)

up to 4 players were rumored to be out partying in Columbia Friday night - might be related to above

word is getting around that numerous players are looking to possibly opt-out for 2022 and then portal out
They’re gonna lose a lot in transfers this year, especially with the huge class of guys who expect to play day 1 they have coming in

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
They’re gonna lose a lot in transfers this year, especially with the huge class of guys who expect to play day 1 they have coming in
Don't underestimate the desperation of that fanbase. They're probably prepping bonuses for all of them to entice them to stay. They're convinced they just need a QB or a year of development of Weigman to get over the hump, so they're not going to let this thing blow up now without a fight.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Don't underestimate the desperation of that fanbase. They're probably prepping bonuses for all of them to entice them to stay. They're convinced they just need a QB or a year of development of Weigman to get over the hump, so they're not going to let this thing blow up now without a fight.
Nobody likes to lose and being a loser makes your chances to go to the nfl less…don’t see how they can buy their way out of this either way

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
But you’re judging the idea that there is a talent gap between osu and michigan based on star ratings…thats my exact point. When you judge them on players and how theyre playing: Michigan’s o line is simply superior to osus, blake corum, donovan edwards, rj moten, mazi smith, rod moore, dj turner, would all start at osu tomorrow, and jj mccarthy would cause a qb controversy. So how big is that gap…not by stars, but by players? Michigan is literally as talented as ohio state and osu is full of “five stars”….and harbaugh is a better coach than Ryan Day so the tables have turned….

The star rating system makes people think aTm is actually a good football team…auburn has had a better recruiting class than Tennessee every year since 2015…who is more talented IRL?

The right players coached and developed >>>>> the most 5s and 4s

Brotha, we just got here, and we can be honest and say we were falling behind for a while

as far as the talent gap, i think getting rid of Don brown helped, because we stopped taking 245 kids and turning them into DT’s.

I look back at our issues with qb play,
I look at our wr play until recently
I look at what Gary is in gb and what he was, him and chase was supposed to be hutch and ojo, we dropped the ball (chase is a couple notches below hutch but you get my point)

At one point Ohio state had so much speed and not a lot of substance, which is why when they got to the bowl game especially against an sec opponent they got they ass waxed. Then urban came and they started getting dudes with speed and sec level talent, they’ve also had a slew of really good defenders, they have whiffed lately and that’s where the gap is closing, before we had hill, we had some decent db play (can’t remember if one of them boys hit all American status Lewis or the other dude) but you look at osu, lattimore bell apple ward and a few more, the bosa bros chase, these are pieces that make a huge difference.

Day is a good coach, but, the painful thing for him has to be, for as good as he is, he simply doesn’t have the horses to take it a notch above for the 1% but i tell you what, between this new defense and the wr core including a kid who shall remain nameless and qb play mixed with a good run game, with a down Bama and shakey uga they could fukk around and sneak one