The OFFICIAL 2022 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Bryce missed a game. He’s better than Shroud

they just need OSU, UGA and TCU ( I believe 1 loss TCU still gets in now)to win out.

i dont think a 1 loss USC pac 12 champ gets in over Tenn

USC is going to lose again anyway

USC has the schedule their last 3 wks to get in...potentially, 3 top 20 teams to close out their season

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
kendal briles is art briles' son who is the OC at arkanas and was initially given a lifeline to be the AHC/OC at FAU in 2016 back when lane kiffin was first hired there after baylor fired everyone due to their scandal. lane kiffin really likes hiring sons of coaches to be on his staff given that lane is also a coach's son. being the son of a disgraced HC makes kendal the obvious punching bag but he has kept a relatively low profile for the most part...2021's arkansas vs ole miss 51-52 game was a well matched and it recently dawned on me that it was basically a big 12 shootout of art briles' influence with OCs kendal briles vs jeff lebby that would have been celebrated and announced as a chess match between brother-in-laws had they not been associated with their past baylor scandal.

ole miss vs arkansas randomly generates these close games like back in 2015 with that behind the back no look lateral that resulted in 53-52. ole miss vs arkansas this weekend might be another good match up had jeff lebby not left ole miss for oklahoma and had arkansas' QB been healthy.

lane kiffin has an issue with TA&M hiring away DJ Durkin (and jimbo talking bad about saban) but lane should also vent out his frustrations of being outbid by oklahoma for jeff lebby. lane always seem to venerate saban in his press conferences and i think that mentality disallows past saban coordinators (like sark) to defeat bama with texas and ole miss coming within 1 score. lol, brian kelly softened up saban with a happy birthday announcement and talking tangents about louisiana's prime real estate for coaches without fans showing up at his lawn and beat bama without the refs interfering much with the outcome.

i keep on forgetting that jeff lebby is art briles' son-in-law who was also named in baylor's title 9 investigation...this laundry list of lack of accountability at baylor is ridiculous (the wiki lists more but you get the point)....hue jackson trying to hire art briles at grambling earlier this year would have brought a bigger media circus if it wasn't at a HBCU...art briles is basically unhireable outside of high school or overseas europe

whatever coaching strategy that was attributed to art briles that made baylor win a bunch of games lives on thru jeff lebby, who is currently the OC at oklahoma but was previously also successful at UCF and ole miss. i can't tell if it's good coaching, good athletes, or falling into the right circumstances that made the offense under jeff lebby score a bunch of points but lebby would have to score a shyt ton more points since oklahoma is in the big 12 (for now) and it's a shootout every other week, with texas shutting out oklahoma this year and them both being unranked at the time.

when lane kiffin hired both lebby as OC and durkin as DC at ole miss, they could be lowballed because of their separate past scandals, but it was an ongoing joke that ole miss is SEC's last chance U for coaches with past scandals that saban doesn't want to rehabilitate while overlooking character flaws and judgement as long as they are good at coaching...it's actually a good thing that both coordinators moved on to other gigs within 2 years and lane kept it under control at ole miss but I feel like lane is attracted to hiring OCs from art briles' coaching influence or any other offensive guru from the big 12 to come up with exotic plays that would outwit the rest of the SEC...this toss sweep to the left ole miss did repeatedly against bama isn't cutting it.

Last edited:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Did you feel this way when Devonta won it when Mac was right there with him? When Bryce won it throwing to Jamo and Metchie? When Joe won it throwing to his Ferrari's WRs who were breaking records left and right? Kyler throwing to CeeDee? I just need to know. Cuz apparently all of a sudden The Heisman is for the man who does more with less and drags his team along for a ride even though that aint been the case in God knows how long, if ever :hubie:
Smitty was a step above everyone I’m going to be honest

On the podcast we just recorded i said Bryce has actually done more this season to deserve the trophy

Joe had it, and yes he had good wrs but as we’ve seen they all were really fukkin good period

My criticism of stroud is no knock on him like he’s trash, i just mention what I’ve observed, i think he’s going to have speed up his processing because the built in advantage is not there

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
Damn @jensyao You out here doing the science
i just write random observations/patterns that moreless bothers me about CFB and map overlooked coaching trees. I said in an earlier post that sports is transparent as hell and you can do your own research to gleam the underbelly and find parallels to corporate life of how certain people benefit more or get things done in american society thru the lens of sports amidst the scandals, cheating, and tilted playing fields...it's not as scientific as that high schooler that found out that all except one of our presidents are related to that english king who signed the magna carta

the coaching carousel is a tight knit fraternity so that's why we always hear the same names being recycled and rehired without too many new faces into the profession -- if there was a school to graduate coaches every year for them to be hired into the profession, they wouldn't be paid in the millions...there's a lot of GA's that never make it up the ranks that we never hear about probably because of institutional favoritism, racism, or their own version of gatekeeping to the profession

===

butch jones when he was at Tenn literally revoked scholarships because players got injured and forced them to medically retire from football instead of allowing them to transfer

coaches throw away/squander talent because they can simply free up scholarships and recruit more next year. There is accepted tolerance of hazing mixed in with CTE that student athletes go thru in the process of being yelled at, intimidated, or scared straight, aka 'coached' about morals and dilemmas as long as they win games or sweep things under the rug, i.e. what james franklin did at vanderbilt..you can find scandals under any college team that was covered up and not really investigated as long as coaches move on and are no longer coaching there, etc

coaches actively recruit players that they will never start in a game simply because they don't want to play against them on a rival team. mel tucker using the transfer portal as free agency and making kids transfer because of the threat that their scholarships are going to get revoked doesn't necessarily breed good culture or morale in the locker room, etc

these head coaches with past scandals have big bucks to scrub anything clean off the internet (like damning youtube commentary videos and even reddit posts documenting this shyt) with an ESPN copyright infringement or with enough money if it wasn't for twitter (that is currently under threat by elon) or other fanbase forums that recant basic oral histories to keep past scandals alive for the stories that consolidated mainstream media doesn't blow up, etc

SB nation and deadspin back before like 2014 had a lot more spicier articles documenting shyt before they were bought out and bleached for content and I used to read them a lot but now it's just the regular PC shyt that they are allowed to write, even under vox, who also got bleached...even their archived past could be up for deletion years later if some sponsor brings monetary pressure to revoke ads off the site and doesn't like the article, etc...it just takes a while to flashback and piece together random pattern observations about all this shyt for a post to be interesting to even write about it, but some of these thoughts write themselves

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
AP pollsters are on that shyt again.

Somehow 8-2 Washington, who just beat #15 Oregon (8-2) on the road and also beat #25 Oregon State (7-3), is ranked behind 8-2 Mississippi, who has only beat ONE Power-5 team with a winning record all season (best win was a 22-19 squeaker against a barely .500 Kentucky team).

If you say, "Well that's cause Washington has a bad loss", then why is Notre Dame the top-ranked 7-3 team in the country, nearly as high as UW despite having just as bad a loss, more losses, and only one win against a currently ranked team?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I was hoping they pulled it off, good teams have bad games, they just don’t have that guy on offense/defense that erases deficits or fukk ups, does not mean they can’t scare or beat any team not named uga

They're a good team but I don't think they're a great team. Being ranked around #12-15 is what they deserve.