The OFFICIAL 2022 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Daps
Reppin
Chi
AP pollsters are on that shyt again.

Somehow 8-2 Washington, who just beat #15 Oregon (8-2) on the road and also beat #25 Oregon State (7-3), is ranked behind 8-2 Mississippi, who has only beat ONE Power-5 team with a winning record all season (best win was a 22-19 squeaker against a barely .500 Kentucky team).

If you say, "Well that's cause Washington has a bad loss", then why is Notre Dame the top-ranked 7-3 team in the country, nearly as high as UW despite having just as bad a loss, more losses, and only one win against a currently ranked team?

East Coast AP writers have a history on not staying up for Pac-12 games, leading to an overall disregard of the conference even when they play in prime time. Ole Miss is not good, watch them lose their bowl game vs. Illinois. UWash is a good team with a GREAT offense.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
SEC heads, has it been announced how the additions of UT & OU will look? Will they add one to the East and one to the West? Will they do away w/ East/West and go w/ top 2 teams get into the conf. title game? Pods?

Nothing announced yet, probably will be sorted out once they join.

I think there’s no chances that they stick with divisions, especially with other conferences doing away with divisions, probably go to 4 pods and the 2 best teams meet in the title game.

I can’t wait til the Big Ten does away with divisions, Ohio State or Michigan are gonna destroy the West champ.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Nothing announced yet, probably will be sorted out once they join.

I think there’s no chances that they stick with divisions, especially with other conferences doing away with divisions, probably go to 4 pods and the 2 best teams meet in the title game.

I can’t wait til the Big Ten does away with divisions, Ohio State or Michigan are gonna destroy the West champ.
Sec west won, what 11 of the last 12 games? It's like that everywhere

904Lurker

R.I.P Young Dolph
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville,Fl
East Coast AP writers have a history on not staying up for Pac-12 games, leading to an overall disregard of the conference even when they play in prime time. Ole Miss is not good, watch them lose their bowl game vs. Illinois. UWash is a good team with a GREAT offense.
The Oregon vs UGA and Utah vs UF games in the season opener kinda fukked the Pac-12 this season.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

That doesn't excuse the Notre Dame and SEC gassing though, cause the writers were still up for those games.

Ole Miss has been way overranked this entire season.

* Their OOC competition was absolutely terrible, and they still barely beat Tulsa 35-28 at home (Tulsa is a 3-7 American Conference team).

* Then they barely survived 22-19 against a 6-4 Kentucky team only because a penalty negated Kentucky's game-winning TD and then Kentucky fumbled on the next play.

* Their only other wins are against 4-6 Vandy, 4-6 Auburn, and 3-7 A&M

How the fukk is that a top-ranked team at any point this year? They have done literally nothing other than "be in the SEC", and "survive against crappy teams".

Daps
Reppin
Chi
That doesn't excuse the Notre Dame and SEC gassing though, cause the writers were still up for those games.

Ole Miss has been way overranked this entire season.

* Their OOC competition was absolutely terrible, and they still barely beat Tulsa 35-28 at home (Tulsa is a 3-7 American Conference team).

* Then they barely survived 22-19 against a 6-4 Kentucky team only because a penalty negated Kentucky's game-winning TD and then Kentucky fumbled on the next play.

* Their only other wins are against 4-6 Vandy, 4-6 Auburn, and 3-7 A&M

How the fukk is that a top-ranked team at any point this year? They have done literally nothing other than "be in the SEC", and "survive against crappy teams".

Def no excuse...ND will always get gassed b/c it's ND. If they're good it's a story, if they're bad it's a story. If they're average they're on the "cusp of greatness" (going on 30 years).

SEC will always get extra hype too, same w/ the B1G to a lesser extent. These writers tend to write towards fanbases that buy publications. In their eyes it's better to hype up some average B1G team over Wake Forest or WSU b/c the random average B1G team will have a fanbase that will consume more content.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Not going to be exclusive to Stanford going forward. All of these academic focused schools are about to be fukked. Grad transfer rules don’t help Shaw cause Stanford admissions is strict like that. Elliott can’t get players at UVA cause the school doesn’t accept transfer credit.

Preaching to the choir. At least Stanford and UVA don't have mandatory calc and many more liberal arts degree programs unlike us
mjcrygt.png

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Am I the only person that thinks Jimbo is getting fired?
I think you could be right, and their ability to raise funds and have a capital campaign is impressive. They already have top flight facilities; this is what they're working on now:

Billy Liucci reports the Aggies have already raised $170 million of the roughly $200 million price tag, and the 12th Man Foundation is very much passing the hat to secure the final $30 million.
They could raise enough to make him walk away or even chip a portion of that campaign to the firing and hiring of a new coach.

I thought $86mm was too much but they're so bad its not even reasonable, and aTm has a false sense of self worth and think they belong in the main event when they're basically Ole Miss West :hubie:

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Am I the only person that thinks Jimbo is getting fired?

You’re not crazy for thinking it, early on I thought this was Jimbo’s last year anyway and he was gonna be at WVU next year.

I think they give him another year to fix the offense, he HAS to give up the keys to the offense though.