The Official 2021 NBA Draft Talk Thread

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
@FAH1223 I'm watching film on ziaire Williams. Probably the best upside wing. Paul georgish. 6 ft 9 wing barefoot
It'll take him 3 years to not only fill out but develop rest of his game. He's another project. Flashed a little TMac here and there.

In this mock, the Warriors already took him at 14. @CSquare43

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Williams will take time if at that. Skinny wings rarely make it. It's a physical position.

Eh, I disagree.

Ingram, Isaac, Bridges, Middleton, KD, Grant are all skinny wings. Plus a lot of other guys started skinny and became big like Giannis.

It's all about if you have enough length and skill to stop people from being able to effectively bully you. I haven't seen Zaire enough to know.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Eh, I disagree.

Ingram, Isaac, Bridges, Middleton, KD, Grant are all skinny wings. Plus a lot of other guys started skinny and became big like Giannis.

It's all about if you have enough length and skill to stop people from being able to effectively bully you. I haven't seen Zaire enough to know.
ehhh i don't know about that really. middleton was a second round pick, older than most, and took a long time to get going.

ingram and kd got prodigy frames and there's only one giannis too. grant was also a 2nd round pick who took years and had multiple stops along the way.

williams is likely gonna take a while

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Eh, I disagree.

Ingram is an extremely skilled wing and it took him years to be impactful and he's still learning
Isaac is defensive-minded where length and verticality are his calling. He even took at least a year of time to adjust and he's defensive-minded.
Middleton and Grant are 225. Both of them came in 215. That's a really good size for a wing prospect. 205-215 is a decent to good range. 220 - Excellent 225-230 is optimal.
Durant came in 6'11 215 with a 7'4.5 wingspan. He's an SG in a center body. Now he's 240. Plus, he was extremely productive in college, Zaire was not.

Generally speaking, 200-210 is light for a 6'7-6'9 wing. 190-199 is weak. 170-190 is extremely weak. Where Zaire is, is a terrible place which is why he had so much trouble in college compared to HS. He's too weak. Haliburton is a PG. Even those he's weak, he's a PG, they can get away with it if they are extremely tall like Ball, Haliburton, and Giddley.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
ehhh i don't know about that really. middleton was a second round pick, older than most, and took a long time to get going.

ingram and kd got prodigy frames and there's only one giannis too. grant was also a 2nd round pick who took years and had multiple stops along the way.

williams is likely gonna take a while

Ingram is an extremely skilled wing and it took him years to be impactful and he's still learning
Isaac is defensive-minded where length and verticality are his calling. He even took at least a year of time to adjust and he's defensive-minded.
Middleton and Grant are 225. Both of them came in 215. That's a really good size for a wing prospect. 205-215 is a decent to good range. 220 - Excellent 225-230 is optimal.
Durant came in 6'11 215 with a 7'4.5 wingspan. He's an SG in a center body. Now he's 240. Plus, he was extremely productive in college, Zaire was not.

Generally speaking, 200-210 is light for a 6'7-6'9 wing. 190-199 is weak. 170-190 is extremely weak. Where Zaire is, is a terrible place which is why he had so much trouble in college compared to HS. He's too weak. Haliburton is a PG. Even those he's weak, he's a PG, they can get away with it if they are extremely tall like Ball, Haliburton, and Giddley.

Well I'm not vouching for Williams, I'm just saying if you're a skinny wing you can make it if you have the skill and length to negate that. I don't know if he does or not, I've done very little research on him. I just thought the skinny wings comment wasn't completely true is all, a good amount of them pan out but you just need a good developmental training staff and patience.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Well I'm not vouching for Williams, I'm just saying if you're a skinny wing you can make it if you have the skill and length to negate that. I don't know if he does or not, I've done very little research on him. I just thought the skinny wings comment wasn't completely true is all, a good amount of them pan out but you just need a good developmental training staff and patience.

Which the majority of the league unfortunately don't have.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Generally speaking, skinny wings are against all odds.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Generally speaking, skinny wings are against all odds.

Well hell, all players are against all odds. Very few players are perfect prospects. :ehh:

Hard to be a good player in the league.

Which the majority of the league unfortunately don't have.

Agreed. So whoever picks him should be expecting a 3+ year project player and willing to respect that timeline.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Zaire lack of driving just seems like a red flag to me, and while he can shoot he wasn't consistent. I think he goes in the 18 - 20+ range and his floor is a 3&D if he adds some muscle. Keep in mind he is stick and bones so I got to agree with everyone else. He is a project, and feels like a Thunder pick because they have the time and staff to develop him.

This draft has a lot of guys more developed than him.