The Official 2021 NBA Draft Talk Thread

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Exactly because I’m assuming both Sexton and Allen are going to want over 20 million per..,Sexton yes he can score but to me he’s a 6th man or a Point guard on a team with a guy like simmons (point forward types) I’m not a fan of paying him what he should probably get. I do like garland and okoro however. We need a guy like Green who has that high level potential and seems to want to be the guy.
If Green is the choice, so be it.

But next year if Sallis or Hardy or Montero are there, Cavs fans will talk themselves into a world where everyone can coexist and it's not optimal.

It's like how sites mock a PG to Orlando with one of their picks with the idea of it offering "healthy competition" to the rest of the PG's they have. Who burns a top 10 pick to proverbially sharpen steel?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

But next year if Sallis or Hardy or Montero are there, Cavs fans will talk themselves into a world where everyone can coexist and it's not optimal.

It's like how sites mock a PG to Orlando with one of their picks with the idea of it offering "healthy competition" to the rest of the PG's they have. Who burns a top 10 pick to proverbially sharpen steel?

Hopefully, they learned their lesson from the Bamba/Vuc situation.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I’m viewing green as a Wing (SG/SF) but more so a potential star. I don’t want to just concentrate on position I want the BPA well the best player available with the most upside….The only thing I know for certain is that in a perfect world we could just slot cade in at the 3. Now we can have Sexton and Garland in the backcourt and bring okoro in when Sexton or Garland sit. But that’s not happening.

my other idea is for us to somehow land Ben Simmons in a 3 way trade while moving Love/Sexton another thing that doesn’t know how to happen.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I’m viewing green as a Wing (SG/SF) but more so a potential star. I don’t want to just concentrate on position I want the BPA well the best player available with the most upside….The only thing I know for certain is that in a perfect world we could just slot cade in at the 3. Now we can have Sexton and Garland in the backcourt and bring okoro in when Sexton or Garland sit. But that’s not happening.

my other idea is for us to somehow land Ben Simmons in a 3 way trade while moving Love/Sexton another thing that doesn’t know how to happen.
He's definitely not a 3. We don't even know if Green will get the bulk needed to withstand the physical contact he'll get as a 2.

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
It's not even close to a wtf moment of last year if people paid attention to the fukkery involving him over the years. Talent isn't the problem with him, but it's the issues that come along with it that is. There was reason why Houston was able to essentially get him for free and no one even bothered throwing a late 2nd round pick to get him.

Have fun keeping track of him in the offseason Houston...........
:unimpressed: Kpj was on vacation and now he is in the gym.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:unimpressed: Kpj was on vacation and now he is in the gym.

I hear you man but KPJ has had issues from college to the Cavs so hopefully he gets it together in Houston…Because if he gets caught up in the same type of bs he was caught up with last summer he won’t make it in Houston they will find him somewhere.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If Green goes to Houston, better hope they add some veterans to that team. They were acting reckless and they were the worst team and from what I’ve read Jalen already in the news on some city boy shyt and he ain’t even in the league. Wall, KPJ, Jalen Green and Christian Wood(who teams avoided for years cause of his character) :picard:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If Green goes to Houston, better hope they add some veterans to that team. They were acting reckless and they were the worst team and from what I’ve read Jalen already in the news on some city boy shyt and he ain’t even in the league. Wall, KPJ, Jalen Green and Christian Wood(who teams avoided for years cause of his character) :picard:

:ohhh: Damn didn’t know this

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Detroit & Houston gonna ensure Cavs get best player in draft aka Young KG aka Mobley

The fact the Rockets letting KPJ build public support for Green is laughable on so many levels. Bad organizations make bad decisions, and Houston will be bad for a long time
Taking Jalen Green over Mobley is insane .I don’t get it at all

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh: Damn didn’t know this

Yea breh. I don’t know if Houston is the move for him off the court. shyt, I don’t even know if that’s the move for him on the court. I think there’s too many guys on that team with ulterior motives that don’t include winning. KPJ wants to prove he’s a star. Wall wants to prove he’s still a top Pg, wood said he wants to be an all star. But maybe I’m overthinking it cause ultimately if they don’t work, they get traded and Jalen stays. He’s the future

KneeGrow.

Superstar
Daps
A KPJ/Mobley Pick&Roll possibility seems too enticing to pass up.

I'm sure Jalen and KPJ like the idea of playing with each other but there's only one basketball.