The Official 2021 NBA Draft Talk Thread

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

<--- Cleveland Browns winning that many, boi!
Daps
Detroit & Houston gonna ensure Cavs get best player in draft aka Young KG aka Mobley

The fact the Rockets letting KPJ build public support for Green is laughable on so many levels. Bad organizations make bad decisions, and Houston will be bad for a long time

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

<--- Cleveland Browns winning that many, boi!
Daps
It's not even close to a wtf moment of last year if people paid attention to the fukkery involving him over the years. Talent isn't the problem with him, but it's the issues that come along with it that is. There was reason why Houston was able to essentially get him for free and no one even bothered throwing a late 2nd round pick to get him.

Have fun keeping track of him in the offseason Houston...........
Team couldn't even keep track of him during the season :picard:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Detroit & Houston gonna ensure Cavs get best player in draft aka Young KG aka Mobley

The fact the Rockets letting KPJ build public support for Green is laughable on so many levels. Bad organizations make bad decisions, and Houston will be bad for a long time

why do you like mobley?

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
why do you like mobley?

He got the highest ceiling of anybody in the draft. Cade got the highest floor and Jalen Green is the best scorer.

He 7 foot, he run and jump like that. He a elite shot blocker who can move his feet on perimeter. He can shoot 3s, handle the ball and play make for others. I wouldn’t be surprised if 3 years from now he’s the best player.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can Mobley and Jarrett Allen work?

man I’ll be honest I’m not seeing it. I’m hoping
The rockets take him so we can grab green…Allen is a rim runner non-shooter type of dude…Mobley could develop into a stretchy type of 4 but didn’t we say that about bagley also…

im also not sure about paying Allen 20+ million a year.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
man I’ll be honest I’m not seeing it. I’m hoping
The rockets take him so we can grab green…Allen is a rim runner non-shooter type of dude…Mobley could develop into a stretchy type of 4 but didn’t we say that about bagley also…

im also not sure about paying Allen 20+ million a year.

Bagley didn't have the defensive potential of Mobley coming out of college to go along with his offense.

I wouldn't pay Allen $20 million, so they better hope that Houston doesn't take Mobley.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bagley didn't have the defensive potential of Mobley coming out of college to go along with his offense.

I wouldn't pay Allen $20 million, so they better hope that Houston doesn't take Mobley.

no bagley was a high motor guy more or less…With Mobley I’m seeing a modern day center not a 4. If we end up having to take Mobley at 3 I’d try to get a sign And trade for Allen….

but I would be very comfortable leaving the draft with green and signing Allen to less than 20 million…and hopefully we can dump love for whatever.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it's worth a shot.
It’s a huge gamble tho. If it doesn’t work, u have to trade Allen and Sexton gonna be gone regardless cause he and Garland not the future. I’d honestly take the sure pick in Suggs, keep Allen and trade Sexton instead of having Mobley, whatever pieces u trade Allen for and whatever pieces u trade Sexton for.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
no bagley was a high motor guy more or less…With Mobley I’m seeing a modern day center not a 4. If we end up having to take Mobley at 3 I’d try to get a sign And trade for Allen….

but I would be very comfortable leaving the draft with green and signing Allen to less than 20 million…and hopefully we can dump love for whatever.

Prior to knowing they had the #3 pick, I wouldn't have been excited if I were Cleveland paying Sexton and Allen knowing that the current core isn't good enough to even compete for a play-in spot. Now with that pick, they trade one of them depending on who they choose to take.

When it comes to Love, they just gotta hope that he plays well enough that someone considers taking on his contract without Cleveland having to include sweetners and picks in the deal to do so.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
It’s a huge gamble tho. If it doesn’t work, u have to trade Allen and Sexton gonna be gone regardless cause he and Garland not the future. I’d honestly take the sure pick in Suggs, keep Allen and trade Sexton instead of having Mobley, whatever pieces u trade Allen for and whatever pieces u trade Sexton for.

If Sexton and/or Garland ain't the future, then they wasted 2 years of everyone's time and jobs should be lost as a result. They gotta make a tough decision.

If it works, their lineup 1-5 is set. If not, the only "core" piece they have to show for anything is Okoro and whoever they pick 3rd, and that's if they don't fall out of love with them by next year's draft.

If Allen is going the S&T route, consider who would want a center right now.

Charlotte?
Dallas?
Sacramento?
Toronto?

That's pretty much it.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Prior to knowing they had the #3 pick, I wouldn't have been excited if I were Cleveland paying Sexton and Allen knowing that the current core isn't good enough to even compete for a play-in spot. Now with that pick, they trade one of them depending on who they choose to take.

When it comes to Love, they just gotta hope that he plays well enough that someone considers taking on his contract without Cleveland having to include sweetners and picks in the deal to do so.

Exactly because I’m assuming both Sexton and Allen are going to want over 20 million per..,Sexton yes he can score but to me he’s a 6th man or a Point guard on a team with a guy like simmons (point forward types) I’m not a fan of paying him what he should probably get. I do like garland and okoro however. We need a guy like Green who has that high level potential and seems to want to be the guy.