The Official 2021 NBA Draft Talk Thread

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cavs not good enough to worry about fit. You take the BPA which is mobley

it doesn't matter with us we have to take BPA left at 3....It's talk of the rockets taking green or mobley we will take whomever is left over....but if somehow someway both were available I'm not even half way sure that mobley is the player we should take over green.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Hollinger's and Chad Ford's are very much a proponent of the Cavs considering Scottie Barnes at 3.

we should and I would also if his shooting was better....we could just slide him in at the 3...But if his shooting was better I think we would say this draft has a top 5...I've even heard about Kuminga as well but I don't like his age honestly.

But As of now we have to take whomever is left between green and mobley but If Barnes kills it in interviews and one on one workouts that could make things easier.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
@tremonthustler1, who should we look at with 14?

I like the idea of Giddey but he may take awhile...

I don't think he's as far away as some say. Might not make it to 14 though.

It really comes down to whether y'all want day 1 contributors or not. At 14, I'd just shoot for the moon. Having the 7th pick allows y'all to test your developmental coaches later. Not every player has to be on the same timeline as Steph, Klay and Draymond.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Cavs not good enough to worry about fit. You take the BPA which is mobley

Well...I kind of feel like that mindset is why they aren't good enough and don't have the promise that other young teams have. They've been picking BPA (in their minds anyway) and none of their players can play together. Their best players on the team play the same position and can't defend a soul so any good they have is negated.

Organic Trees

Go Cavs! #LetEmKnow
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland born & raised
Well...I kind of feel like that mindset is why they aren't good enough and don't have the promise that other young teams have. They've been picking BPA (in their minds anyway) and none of their players can play together. Their best players on the team play the same position and can't defend a soul so any good they have is negated.
Garland & Sexton do not play the same position. One is an efficient scoring G that plays off ball and the other is a PG that likes getting others involved before getting his. Okoro is a G/F currently & Allen is a Center. Cavs need to focus on drafting BPA instead of fit. No one is untouchable on this team.

You draft Green then trade or move one of Sexland to the bench. Draft Mobley and he can potentially play the 4 or we let Allen walk/trade him. If Cade drops then take him or trade down for additional assets. It doesn’t matter Cavs are in a great spot for the future :yeshrug:

Organic Trees

Go Cavs! #LetEmKnow
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland born & raised
it doesn't matter with us we have to take BPA left at 3....It's talk of the rockets taking green or mobley we will take whomever is left over....but if somehow someway both were available I'm not even half way sure that mobley is the player we should take over green.
Well if both is available I prefer Mobley due to his passing and length/size. But I wouldn’t be mad if Green was the pick. Cavs can’t lose with either as the choice unless they pull a Chris Grant/David Griffin and reach

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Garland & Sexton do not play the same position. One is an efficient scoring G that plays off ball and the other is a PG that likes getting others involved before getting his. Okoro is a G/F currently & Allen is a Center. Cavs need to focus on drafting BPA instead of fit. No one is untouchable on this team.

You draft Green then trade or move one of Sexland to the bench. Draft Mobley and he can potentially play the 4 or we let Allen walk/trade him. If Cade drops then take him or trade down for additional assets. It doesn’t matter Cavs are in a great spot for the future :yeshrug:

That's kind of splitting hairs on the position thing. Either way they are undersized guards that shouldn't be playing together, either one of them would have played the 1 if they weren't playing together.

Green probably won't fall to them but if he did it does kind of make the Okoro pick weird, could they play together? Probably, but now you don't have real SFs to check the Kawhis and Middletons when they come to town.

Cade is actually the pick that would stabilize the team so they can establish real roles and start to build which is why they want to trade up (he won't fall), this BPA philosophy only works for so long. You bring in too many players that negate each other and the team can't function properly, and since they are losing, no one has good enough value to trade.

The Cavs are in a okay spot for the future but great is a bit of a reach. None of the players they have picked seem to be future all-stars, but it's not their fault. They haven't been put in a position to eat properly and develop real chemistry. They are set up far differently from other tanking losing teams like OKC who have established roles, a guy who looks like a future all-star, and a gang of picks. Hell, OKC had to sit guys out and make trades to prevent their core from winning, far different from the Cavs who put their best guys out there but still collect L's. Sorry. :yeshrug: