The OFFICIAL 2021 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Daps
Reppin
Chi
you keep repeating this narrative that I been shut down but you keep saying it so I’m just gon let y’all cook.

how have you shut it down? I’m not trying to be contrarian or say LSU isn’t a destination.

It is true that y’all have forced out 2 title winning coaches.

It’s true You want to win 10+ games in the best conference

it’s true you want and expect to beat Alabama at least 50% of the time and complete for SEC titles.

these aren’t easy tasks... it’s not like going ND and you get to play a fluff schedule and you’re in the playoffs if you only lose 1 game. It’s also not the 90s where most top 25 P5 schools have the money to pay or match what a coach is earning to keep them.

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
how have you shut it down? I’m not trying to be contrarian or say LSU isn’t a destination.

It is true that y’all have forced out 2 title winning coaches.

It’s true You want to win 10+ games in the best conference

it’s true you want and expect to beat Alabama at least 50% of the time and complete for SEC titles.

these aren’t easy tasks... it’s not like going ND and you get to play a fluff schedule and you’re in the playoffs if you only lose 1 game. It’s also not the 90s where most top 25 P5 schools have the money to pay or match what a coach is earning to keep them.
Because Les Miles was here 12 years running a muck and we still stuck by him

O.iatlhawksfan

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
For the record I don’t think Riley comes here but I find it funny the same people trying to diminish the LSU job were the same people talking shyt when we fired Les Miles, all we did was win another championship with Ed Orgeron Something no other school can do. At some point are y’all talking from an objective POV or are y’all talking with an agenda?

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Because Les Miles was here 12 years running a muck and we still stuck by him

fair, but he was in the title game in ‘11

what about O tho?

my point is, they want jimbo but if jimbo did at TAMU whst O did in 2019 at LSU, he’d be set for at least 10 years…not 1.5 seasons, including a bogus 2020 halfassed fugazi season

O.iatlhawksfan

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
fair, but he was in the title game in ‘11

what about O tho?

my point is, they want jimbo but if jimbo did at TAMU whst O did in 2019 at LSU, he’d be set for at least 10 years…not 1.5 seasons, including a bogus 2020 halfassed fugazi season
Coach O should have never coached at LSU if we being honest. I love his tenure and everything but a school like Vanderbilt wouldn’t hire O with the resume he had pre-LSU

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
The hot seat gon be there for any coach now days. TBH Riley keep making playoffs with no rings that seat on Norman gon warm up.
A 8 win season aint bad as long as you rebound the next year.

I dont think they'll go back to 80s or 90s but they aint a blue blood with this great history like they like to think they are. They're a tier under.

Yeah In this new era they have not shown us to be a Death Star program, but it’s not like they can’t be given where the school is and it’s more recent legacy, they still a top 10 program

For the record I don’t think Riley comes here but I find it funny the same people trying to diminish the LSU job were the same people talking shyt when we fired Les Miles, all we did was win another championship with Ed Orgeron Something no other school can do. At some point are y’all talking from an objective POV or are y’all talking with an agenda?

y’all won despite Ed, with your two coordinators
Lsu is a good job, but it’s a tough job to maintain