The OFFICIAL 2021 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

told you the flight shyt means nothing, let me know when you see a flight from Norman to Chicago or atl then I’ll know somethings cooking

Why leave OU for LSU? I have to imagine OU can match whatever LSU offers…and all due respect to LSU; who’s success the last ~20 is far greater than OU’s but from a historical standpoint, OU is a top 5 or so program where LSU is more top 10 or so…meaning the prestige factor isn’t really there. Not like he’s going from Washington to LSU or something…

especially with ou coming to the sec, I’d say the benefit of lsu is it’s in a fertile Recruiting ground, ou has to go to Texas and other areas to get talent, and in your back yard you would not have to work hard to get sec level lines, to me they are neck and neck jobs, but lsu would have to back a brinks truck up, because this would be unprecedented

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Why leave OU for LSU? I have to imagine OU can match whatever LSU offers…and all due respect to LSU; who’s success the last ~20 is far greater than OU’s but from a historical standpoint, OU is a top 5 or so program where LSU is more top 10 or so…meaning the prestige factor isn’t really there. Not like he’s going from Washington to LSU or something…

Complete lateral move if not a smidgen of a step down.
Historically LSU is a very overrated program especially compared to OU.
Then with them moving to the SEc it pretty much nullifies that. Its not like OU not gonna give you everything you want.
Gotta be a play for more cheese

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Then with them moving to the SEc it pretty much nullifies that. Its not like OU not gonna give you everything you want.

I remember pre-Saban days were average to below average with some 3 or 4 win seasons even a 2 win season in the 90s

And again I’m not trying to hate on LSU. I think they have a great program. Awesome game experience etc I’m just analyzing this as objectively as possible

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
I remember pre-Saban days were average to below average with some 3 or 4 win seasons even a 2 win season in the 90s

And again I’m not trying to hate on LSU. I think they have a great program. Awesome game experience etc I’m just analyzing this as objectively as possible

Yeah they were invisible my entire adolescence until Saban got there. Then they qint do much in the 80s either.
They're a microwave program. Get hot for a couple years then fall off then get hot then fall completely off again.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Yeah they were invisible my entire adolescence until Saban got there. Then they qint do much in the 80s either.
They're a microwave program. Get hot for a couple years then fall off then get hot then fall completely off again.

not sure how attractive that is to a coach to be on the hot seat any time you win 8 games or less…especially when money isn’t a factor bc the current school can match or exceed.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin

I won’t say overrated, they have collectively put together some talented teams, and even graduated some to the nfl, and with 3 chips in the past less than 20 years, that’s not bad, outside of teams not named Alabama.

the only reason you take this job, is more money, and you believe the machine at lsu will get you better talent than what you are getting currently in Norman, and that includes the move to the sec, but you have that big cloud over your head in the title 9 case that is looming and what will happen with that

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
not sure how attractive that is to a coach to be on the hot seat any time you win 8 games or less…especially when money isn’t a factor bc the current school can match or exceed.

you keep repeating this narrative that I been shut down but you keep saying it so I’m just gon let y’all cook.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin

this ain’t your fathers Lsu, they have changed the arch of that program forever, they aren’t going back to the 80’s 90’s days, barring some major shyt happening they will be a power in the sec right next to you all

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
The hot seat gon be there for any coach now days. TBH Riley keep making playoffs with no rings that seat on Norman gon warm up.
A 8 win season aint bad as long as you rebound the next year.

I won’t say overrated, they have collectively put together some talented teams, and even graduated some to the nfl, and with 3 chips in the past less than 20 years, that’s not bad, outside of teams not named Alabama.

the only reason you take this job, is more money, and you believe the machine at lsu will get you better talent than what you are getting currently in Norman, and that includes the move to the sec, but you have that big cloud over your head in the title 9 case that is looming and what will happen with that
I dont think they'll go back to 80s or 90s but they aint a blue blood with this great history like they like to think they are. They're a tier under.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
you keep repeating this narrative that I been shut down but you keep saying it so I’m just gon let y’all cook.
He's good money in Norman. Unless he drops to John Blake (RIP) levels of ineptitude, he's got that job until he leaves for the NFL. Historically, y'all don't hold a candle to the OU legacy. Y'all new nikkas on the block.

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
He's good money in Norman. Unless he drops to John Blake (RIP) levels of ineptitude, he's got that job until he leaves for the NFL. Historically, y'all don't hold a candle to the OU legacy. Y'all new nikkas on the block.
No one cares about that these kids weren’t even born the last time OU won a championship