The OFFICIAL 2021 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
That's a lie. We got better on the offensive and defensive staff. Gus is done as far as innovative offense. Defense has never been a problem at Auburn, except for when Gene Chizik couldn't get it under control.

But anyway, we're a basketball school now. :mjlol:
Based on your spring game? :skip:

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Based on your spring game? :skip:

Nope, based on the last staff. They were losing whatever they had in past years. Recruiting hasn't ever been a problem at Auburn, until the coaching staff is not effective. That's what happened last year. Recruiting dipped and it was time to let the coaching staff go. When they tell recruits one thing and those same recruits see something else on the field, they don't come. Derek Mason is the new D-Coordinator and I'm sure he'll be able to keep the defense at the level it's been. As long as Auburn has a defense it will be in all games. Harsin isn't stuck on a system like Gus, so I don't expect predictability in the offense.

I will say this about Gus though. He is going to win at UCF just because he'll have better players than most teams he will coach against. He's in the best possible spot he could be in for himself. He won't outcoach anybody, but he will outlast teams with lesser players.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory

Doubt its anything but media bait, but its the off season. :manny:

Heard this when those Yahoo! stories came out a while back. Nothing came of it. For any change to occur to curb the cheating, etc.., you have to SMU a program. But the NCAA is too p*ssy and scared the conferences will just go and do their own thing (unless you're a bottom of the barrel squad)

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Nope, based on the last staff. They were losing whatever they had in past years. Recruiting hasn't ever been a problem at Auburn, until the coaching staff is not effective. That's what happened last year. Recruiting dipped and it was time to let the coaching staff go. When they tell recruits one thing and those same recruits see something else on the field, they don't come. Derek Mason is the new D-Coordinator and I'm sure he'll be able to keep the defense at the level it's been. As long as Auburn has a defense it will be in all games. Harsin isn't stuck on a system like Gus, so I don't expect predictability in the offense.

I will say this about Gus though. He is going to win at UCF just because he'll have better players than most teams he will coach against. He's in the best possible spot he could be in for himself. He won't outcoach anybody, but he will outlast teams with lesser players.
Yeah Gus is going to the playoffs every other year in this new format. Perfect spot for him

and Derek is just on another level than Steele, who did do a good job of riding out the philosophical change Muschamp made. I don’t think he ever figured out the edge rusher spot and didn’t have a pass coverage adjustment if press cover didn’t work. I think with the way passing offenses is going, Mason is better suited with his specialty in that area

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Heard this when those Yahoo! stories came out a while back. Nothing came of it. For any change to occur to curb the cheating, etc.., you have to SMU a program. But the NCAA is too p*ssy and scared the conferences will just go and do their own thing (unless you're a bottom of the barrel squad)

ncaa finding the littlest nikka on the block and putting a foot in they ass

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
To further add on, I’m for the 12 for fukkery sake, but it’s going to be a hook coaches hang their hat on to extend mediocrity, but it’s gon be that sweet spot of a coach getting clipped after losing to a team he had no business losing to @RammerJammer

I agree, having “Made the CFP” on a coaches resume might mean a lot even if their team got destroyed in the first round. Some ADs will be smarter than that though and see through the bullshyt. For an Iowa State or UCF, making the CFP on a yearly basis would be huge but would an LSU or Auburn for instance be cool with consecutive early round exits in the Playoff? Doubt.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC

Doubt its anything but media bait, but its the off season. :manny:

Here we go again with this shyt
shyt happens every year now. Some writers hype up some shyt on Twitter talking about the end of the days for somebody and how it's going to change everything as we know it. Only for the story to drop and be a fart into a fan
tenor.gif

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
I agree, having “Made the CFP” on a coaches resume might mean a lot even if their team got destroyed in the first round. Some ADs will be smarter than that though and see through the bullshyt. For an Iowa State or UCF, making the CFP on a yearly basis would be huge but would an LSU or Auburn for instance be cool with consecutive early round exits in the Playoff? Doubt.

You say that but we all know it’s a want to, that gets you ran out of town more so than making or not making the playoffs

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin

@malbaker86

and the rest of the Florida coalition what say you ??

I feel like white boys tend to romanticize the Tesus era because he was that white boy, the rah rah guy, he played up to the camera, he was a Jesus freak, but he was never known for throwing darts or breaking off big runs, you just had to really worry about his legs in the red zone, and when you could hand it off to demps, Rainey, Percy, or Hernandez you weren’t required to do a lot, i also say take Tebow out of Florida and he becomes a qb we forget about after a while, like man he was a pretty decent qb

Last edited: