The OFFICIAL 2021 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
It was the infrastructure Nick put in more than les, and his subpar offense was what killed lsu
Oh no doubt, I’m not saying Fournette went to LSU because he wanted to play for Les Miles :heh:

Did some kids? Yeah, I’m sure. But most of the Louisiana kids Les pulled in would have gone there anyway.

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Nick Saban wasn’t even known whenhe came here, y’all really think an unknown cac coach from up north came to Louisiana and told these black families to bring their kids to LSU and these families were like ok :yeshrug:

Yea Les benefitted from a foundation and so did Nick Saban

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Nick Saban wasn’t even known whenhe came here, y’all really think an unknown cac coach from up north came to Louisiana and told these black families to bring their kids to LSU and these families were like ok :yeshrug:

Your glossing over of Nick Saban like he’s a footnote is mind boggling, i literally named a bunch of kids that were highly rated that left the state, and if i had time i could look at the state of Louisiana kids 95 until Nick got there and I’d bet my bottom dollar the top 10 were not staying in state until Nick got there, dog he made y’all period, and Nick improved Toledo, Cleveland’s defense, Michigan state, LSU and now Bama put respect on his name man

O.iatlhawksfan

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Your glossing over of Nick Saban like he’s a footnote is mind boggling, i literally named a bunch of kids that were highly rated that left the state, and if i had time i could look at the state of Louisiana kids 95 until Nick got there and I’d bet my bottom dollar the top 10 were not staying in state until Nick got there, dog he made y’all period, and Nick improved Toledo, Cleveland’s defense, Michigan state, LSU and now Bama put respect on his name man
Marshall Faulk and Kordell Stewart were before change the ride here and Peyton Manning? C’mon I don’t even know why we having this discussion

no one in here is disrespecting Saban you disrespecting Les Miles

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL

Come on bruh, let’s not rewrite history like Saban was Derek Dooley when he got to LSU

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Marshall Faulk and Kordell Stewart were before change the ride here and Peyton Manning? C’mon I don’t even know why we having this discussion

no one in here is disrespecting Saban you disrespecting Les Miles

les road nicks coattails, he was decent but what about the countless years he squandered talent ?? Makes him better in your mind?? What about his offense getting worse every year, despite being a former offensive coordinator, he found no qb, and the minute the rest of the sec caught up, he didn’t win when it counted

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
les road nicks coattails, he was decent but what about the countless years he squandered talent ?? Makes him better in your mind?? What about his offense getting worse every year, despite being a former offensive coordinator, he found no qb, and the minute the rest of the sec caught up, he didn’t win when it counted

I cant recall em entering the last week of the regular season in natty title contention after 2011

O.iatlhawksfan

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Outside the Saban’s of the world you can nitpick anyone’s tenure in 11 years

114-34 highest win percentage in school history
7-4 in bowls game
In the hardest conference in college football
From 2006 to his last year he had the most players drafted in the NFL

National Championship, 2 NC appearances, 2 SEC title, 3 SECw titles,

Before 2019, the 2011 team was the best team in school history

If someone gave you this resume without giving the name of the coach you would call that a success you just a hater

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Outside the Saban’s of the world you can nitpick anyone’s tenure in 11 years

114-34 highest win percentage in school history
7-4 in bowls game
In the hardest conference in college football
From 2006 to his last year he had the most players drafted in the NFL

National Championship, 2 NC appearances, 2 SEC title, 3 SECw titles,

Before 2019, the 2011 team was the best team in school history

If someone gave you this resume without giving the name of the coach you would call that a success you just a hater

That’s looking at it in a vacuum not looking at the losses he got, the talent he squandered, if you boast the best to third best team in the nation yes you ought to win a hundred games you are simply better than the competition around you

But this is exclusively about saban, and the foundation he built for les/LSU Saban built LSU not les, les got worse as the years progressed. Yes les got him one, and les did some things to move the program forward, but if we are being honest the program probably got the chip more than he did, his whole shtick was out muscle the opponents, and it works for about two years, then programs could go toe to toe, and he started getting out schemed, don’t let the monicker of the “mad hatter” fool you he put his self in those situations of having to go for it on 4th or having to run trick plays because the offense he was running wasn’t getting the job done. By your argument Larry Coker is a got damn coaching genius.... but no he just made it his business to stay out the way, and the program took care of its self, but in les case he shot himself in the foot too damn much both found themselves on the outs with the program that made them

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin

tenor.gif