The OFFICIAL 2021 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
You’re wrong

tenor.gif

I know it’s your shtick to be contrary and ignore all evidence but Marcus spears even speaks on how saban changed the perception on LSU if there was no nick there would be no LSU period

“I think that's what changed it," Spears said. "He shifted the culture, honestly. He just totally shifted the culture. He made LSU look cool to top-level Louisiana recruits." Marcus Spears

How Nick Saban created a monster at LSU

And you can go look up that the right time with bomani Jones he did with Marcus spears he explains even more

No Louisiana high school players has gone through a golden ages You forgetting Les Miles and Ed Orgeron won a ring here, they don’t win a championship in many other schools

Louisiana always had talent the issue was they went to other schools

“Yet Louisiana's best found their way outside the state's borders. Marshall Faulk went off to San Diego State. Kordell Stewart landed in Colorado. Peyton Manning signed with Tennessee. Ed Reed and Reggie Wayne left for Miami. Brock Berlin skipped off to Florida.“

@Trust Me got the damn coli college football heads drinking them damn bud light limes :scust:. Im out:martin:

Nah that nikka gone off them daiquiris early this morning because he’s talking nonsense, but i know he likes to be contrary and never admits ok let’s walk that statement back, he will just move the goal post and ignore facts

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
tenor.gif

I know it’s your shtick to be contrary and ignore all evidence but Marcus spears even speaks on how saban changed the perception on LSU if there was no nick there would be no LSU period

“I think that's what changed it," Spears said. "He shifted the culture, honestly. He just totally shifted the culture. He made LSU look cool to top-level Louisiana recruits." Marcus Spears

How Nick Saban created a monster at LSU

And you can go look up that the right time with bomani Jones he did with Marcus spears he explains even more

Louisiana always had talent the issue was they went to other schools

“Yet Louisiana's best found their way outside the state's borders. Marshall Faulk went off to San Diego State. Kordell Stewart landed in Colorado. Peyton Manning signed with Tennessee. Ed Reed and Reggie Wayne left for Miami. Brock Berlin skipped off to Florida.“

Nah that nikka gone off them daiquiris early this morning because he’s talking nonsense, but i know he likes to be contrary and never admits ok let’s walk that statement back, he will just move the goal post and ignore facts

Kevin Faulk is the reason elite black players from the state starting going to LSU, Booger McFarland says it all the time

Idk why y’all keep giving that credit to Saban, and we had a black QB when we upset Florida in ‘97 so idk where the black players didn’t go to LSU before Saban thing came from

O.iatlhawksfan

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
One coach was here 5 years and the other was here 11 years and it’s crazy for me to think that the one who was here 11 years made a bigger impact on the program? Ok

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
One coach was here 5 years and the other was here 11 years and it’s crazy for me to think that the one who was here 11 years made a bigger impact on the program? Ok

Take a step back and see it from non LSU fans perspective of LSU and see why we’d see it as Saban being more impactful than Miles. There aint a wrong answer, just a matter of perception imo

O.iatlhawksfan

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Take a step back and see it from non LSU fans perspective of LSU and see why we’d see it as Saban being more impactful than Miles. There aint a wrong answer, just a matter of perception imo
If it was up to these guys they would give Saban credit for building Tiger Stadium, they lost me when they said Black players started goin to LSU because of Saban. Did he change the culture? Sure, that’s not what I’m arguing, Les elevated the program while he was here over a decade. Obviously Saban could have done the same thing he simply wasn’t here over a decade.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
If it was up to these guys they would give Saban credit for building Tiger Stadium, they lost me when they said Black players started goin to LSU because of Saban. Did he change the culture? Sure, that’s not what I’m arguing, Les elevated the program while he was here over a decade. Obviously Saban could have done the same thing he simply wasn’t here over a decade.

i hear you. Some may say he sustained it or even benefited more than elevate.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Before Nick Saban came to LSU we were going 3-8 and 4-7 and sitting out the bowl season. He came through an laid the foundation that the coaches that followed him are eating off of today. No nationally ranked player in Louisiana stayed home. He changed all of that.

Les Miles wasn’t a great coach. He was a great personality and a monster recruiter. He got by on a surplus of talent until Saban got Bama right. Once that happened and the talent advantage was gone, Les had to actually get it done by coaching and he couldn’t cause he never was a good coach. The landscape had changed and he couldn’t adapt.

You can say he’s an LSU legend and brought home a chip, but he should have won 2 more and didn’t cause his coaching style was on Larry Holmes status. Watching a team full of future NFL players struggle to get a first down, and his crappy clock management are two things I don’t miss about his coaching.

(Plus he probably was the one who kicked off all the Title IX stuff)

Last edited:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Nah, There’s a clear wrong answer :russ:

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Kevin Faulk is the reason elite black players from the state starting going to LSU, Booger McFarland says it all the time

Idk why y’all keep giving that credit to Saban, and we had a black QB when we upset Florida in ‘97 so idk where the black players didn’t go to LSU before Saban thing came from

Bruh i literally pointed out how droves of black players left the state, i can admit him staying helped, but the reality is saban created the foundation that is LSU’s mindset, recruiting, and winning ways, like @invincible1914 goes on to say y’all was still losing, and even if you want to give the credit to the guy before saban, still that has nothing to do with les

96,97 were the two good years followed by two abysmal years, les screwed you more than he helped you, his whole game plan was to out muscle everyone, he had no known offensive prowess despite being an offensive coach by trade again it’s criminal all them wrs he marginalized with low numbers

Before Nick Saban came to LSU we were going 3-8 and 4-7 and sitting out the bowl season. He came through an laid the foundation that the coaches that followed him are eating off of today. No nationally ranked player in Louisiana stayed home. He changed all of that.

Les Miles wasn’t a great coach. He was a great personality and a monster recruiter. He got by on a surplus of talent until Saban got Bama right. Once that happened and the talent advantage was gone, Les had to actually get it done by coaching and he couldn’t cause he never was a good coach. The landscape had changed and he couldn’t adapt.

You can say he’s an LSU legend and brought home a chip, but he should have won 2 more and didn’t cause his coaching style was on Larry Holmes status. Watching a team full of future NFL players struggle to get a first down, and his crappy clock management are two things I don’t miss about his coaching.

(Plus he probably was the one who kicked off all the Title IX stuff)

i don’t think he’s a great recruiter, he inherited a system, the money, and infrastructure was in place to get kids, yes i believe he did work but who was he recruiting wise at osu and Kansas ?? He was ok at best

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Bruh i literally pointed out how droves of black players left the state, i can admit him staying helped, but the reality is saban created the foundation that is LSU’s mindset, recruiting, and winning ways, like @invincible1914 goes on to say y’all was still losing, and even if you want to give the credit to the guy before saban, still that has nothing to do with les

96,97 were the two good years followed by two abysmal years, les screwed you more than he helped you, his whole game plan was to out muscle everyone, he had no known offensive prowess despite being an offensive coach by trade again it’s criminal all them wrs he marginalized with low numbers

i don’t think he’s a great recruiter, he inherited a system, the money, and infrastructure was in place to get kids, yes i believe he did work but who was he recruiting wise at osu and Kansas ?? He was ok at best
He pulled a few dudes from New Orleans out to Kansas.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I think Les’ personality makes him a good recruiter, He seems like the type of coach kids would want to play for. Wouldn’t say he’s great by any stretch of the imagination with all them bum ass QBs he kept bringing in (aside from Perilloux).

And that’s honestly probably one of the biggest/most overlooked fukk ups he made while there. That and cutting honey badger. If you gonna fukk on coeds, You can let the bs they did slide.

O.iatlhawksfan

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I didn’t know Kevin Faulk, Eddie Kennison, Josh Reed, and Booger McFarland were cacs disguised as black players :ohhh: or maybe they must have known Nick Saban was goin to be the coach years later

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
I think Les’ personality makes him a good recruiter, He seems like the type of coach kids would want to play for. Wouldn’t say he’s great by any stretch of the imagination with all them bum ass QBs he kept bringing in (aside from Perilloux).

And that’s honestly probably one of the biggest/most overlooked fukk ups he made while there. That and cutting honey badger. If you gonna fukk on coeds, You can let the bs they did slide.

It was the infrastructure Nick put in more than les, and his subpar offense was what killed lsu

I didn’t know Kevin Faulk, Eddie Kennison, Josh Reed, and Booger McFarland were cacs disguised as black players :ohhh: or maybe they must have known Nick Saban was goin to be the coach years later

Yet Louisiana's best found their way outside the state's borders. Marshall Faulk went off to San Diego State. Kordell Stewart landed in Colorado. Peyton Manning signed with Tennessee. Ed Reed and Reggie Wayne left for Miami. Brock Berlin skipped off to Florida.

:ohhh: Damn i guess the best talent from Louisiana stayed in Louisiana

Jarvis Green, a prized defensive end from Donaldsonville, La., ended up at LSU in 1997. But that was only by default because Miami was on probation, Syracuse was too cold and his family situation had changed -- making LSU a convenient option.