The OFFICIAL 2021 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

200.gif

we are not close, but i like what this new staff is doing, dare i say it, i think nikkas dropping bags, they are aggressively pursuing kids, and we were able to flip some kids, i know we all are good for saying things are going up, but all shyt aside i believe things are heading up, now can we translate it to success on the field to be determined, but an interesting aspect i never considered, Andy staples said adjustments in the game come from talent, not necessarily genius, and i think about yeah you can switch things up, but certain pieces allow you to do different things, like you need a play it’s a difference when you can go to the oc and draw up a play to get Smitty open with waddle and others on the field, it’s a difference when you can send young solo because you overload the other side

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU

People are really getting at coach for that quote. He should have said “formally” interviewed. He probably skipped the interview with Linehan and Pelini since he already knew them well.

They were still some lazy hires though. Sent the program all the way back to the midcard status.

Almost set us all the way back to straight jobber status :whew:. Thank goodness Florida and Ole Miss defenses were some historical trash.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
People are really getting at coach for that quote. He should have said “formally” interviewed. He probably skipped the interview with Linehan and Pelini since he already knew them well.

They were still some lazy hires though. Sent the program all the way back to the midcard status.

Almost set us all the way back to straight jobber status :whew:. Thank goodness Florida and Ole Miss defenses were some historical trash.

i think bo could have worked, but the biggest issue in my evaluation, was you all were young, hardly any time to evaluate what he had, hardly any time to practice, and he was switching things up, (4-3 to a 3-4) i think with you all no longer having those legendary D lines this may have remedied it, but on to the next, side note that run of good college D linemen you all had makes me look at les even more because those were some stout defenses, though none of them followed the hype into the league

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
i think bo could have worked, but the biggest issue in my evaluation, was you all were young, hardly any time to evaluate what he had, hardly any time to practice, and he was switching things up, (4-3 to a 3-4) i think with you all no longer having those legendary D lines this may have remedied it, but on to the next, side note that run of good college D linemen you all had makes me look at les even more because those were some stout defenses, though none of them followed the hype into the league
That defense we ran last year wasn’t bad it was broken. I never want to see that garbage again.

But you are right going to the 4-3 is what we need to recruit big time d-lineman. Our linebackers are going to have to be way better than they were last year though or we are gonna be in trouble though.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
That defense we ran last year wasn’t bad it was broken. I never want to see that garbage again.

But you are right going to the 4-3 is what we need to recruit big time d-lineman. Our linebackers are going to have to be way better than they were last year though or we are gonna be in trouble though.

Well it’s been a while since you all had a good d line and y’all been 4-3, and with the spread and various versions, gone are those run stuffing LBs that are 6’0 and up weighing 250 i think a 3-4 would work