The OFFICIAL 2020 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
AAC Covid rules and testing procedures
Through a source, 247Sports has obtained notes from a recent call between AAC student-athletes, AAC Commissioner Michael Aresco and Dr. Gregory Stewart from Tulane. The following are notable parts, but not all of, the AAC’s protocol for athletes handling COVID-19 throughout the coming sports season:

• Athletes must test for COVID-19 within three days prior to competition with a positive test disqualifying you and anyone determined to be within close contact.
  • If tested positive, individuals are disqualified for 10 days and must show no symptoms for 48 hours.
  • Positive COVID-19 tests must be communicated to opponents two weeks prior to playing.
  • After one positive COVID-19 test, six-week waivers are given out for asymptomatic positives because you are not contagious.
  • No untested individuals are allowed within 30 feet of a team bus and the path into the venue.
  • Officials in close contact with coaches and players will be nasal swabbed for COVID-19, while non-close contact officials will wear a face mask.
  • When not on the field of play, athletes will be required to wear a face mask.
  • If a ball leaves the playing field and is touched by someone not nasal swabbed for COVID-19, the ball needs to be replaced until cleaned.
According to the source, costs to sustain these protocols will be, “potentially in the millions of dollars.” It is expected that it will cost between $70 and $120 for each nasal swab. The AAC has told schools it will help meet the costs for schools, if need be.

In addition to that, the source said that schools are prohibited from having liability releases signed by athletes and that the school must cover COVID-related medical expenses. Athletes’ scholarships will be honored if they opt out, but the eligibility status is unknown.

If schools cannot meet these minimum requirements, they will not be allowed to compete in fall sports, according to the source.

so you test 3 days out on wednesday. flip negative. but come in contact with some on thursday afternoon catch it and play saturday. :dahell:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
cte is a trade on the back end for gain currently, that’s like when one dude said I’ll pay your fine if you gotta go up top on me, because he knows if he gets an acl or ankle he’s automatically lost a year and a step, and it’s a black mark on his record, if your heart or lungs get fukked up, that’s it, you will never be the same, and if it takes some really promising kid out then that’s it, the big/pac are looking at liability, because if a kid dies, that will fukk up the sec’s recruiting for years to come period

CTE is a confirmed reality. The risk for lung and heart issues from covid is pure conjecture at this point. What we know for sure right now is that most young people of good health are completely asymptomatic to covid. Its a virus that is seriously affecting mostly older or immune compromised folks.

If I'm a football player that is concerned about covid, I should never play football again cause CTE has more science backing it than what they are saying right now about long term lung and heart issues. I don't know about you but the brain is just as important as the heart and lungs.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
"Athletes must test for COVID-19 within three days prior to competition with a positive test disqualifying you and anyone determined to be within close contact."

So......The whole damn team

tenor.gif

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
CTE and permanent brain damage is scientifically confirmed and last I checked nobody stopped football for that. I think the media hyping up covid got you thinking its the only risk these athletes are taking. Football is an inherently dangerous sport. There is no way to make it safe.

If you play football you are basically accepting the risk for serious health issues going forward. Covid ain't no bigger than CTE.

Bogus statement. No one knows, and the unknown is always scary as fukk.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
CTE is a confirmed reality. The risk for lung and heart issues from covid is pure conjecture at this point. What we know for sure right now is that most young people of good health are completely asymptomatic to covid. Its a virus that is seriously affecting mostly older or immune compromised folks.

If I'm a football player that is concerned about covid, I should never play football again cause CTE has more science backing it than what they are saying right now about long term lung and heart issues. I don't know about you but the brain is just as important as the heart and lungs.

tenor.gif

Your lungs and heart being attacked is not a made up notion, that is happening, it does not matter if you are young or old you run the risk of your lungs being Swiss cheese, hence people being down bad if they catch it, and you can take from 3-12 months to recover if you recover, because one thing you learn in pathology diseases don’t always follow the book but you don’t have to believe me, look at what those quacks at John Hopkins said
What Coronavirus Does to the Lungs

cinematic_rendering_images_4-6_portlet-07264342~8.jpg

This is what’s happening to your lungs, they are getting flooded with mucos, from which is no guarantee you will recover from.

Cte is understood to effect you later in life so football players trade in their later years to make good money and provide for their family, Here and now, you catch covid you may never come back, and that’s the difference any time your lungs or heart is attacked you are never the same period. But what do i know, i just play a doctor on TV

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
there’s not going to be any fans or tailgating if the season were to occur so those small towns are to be hurt anyway
Ive seen 3-4 different sites where Auburn fans talking about "what we doing for tailgating" :francis: these nikkas are suicidal

Its wild coincidental how deranged some of the fanbases/populations that Mike Leach has found himself at....:dame: you could describe Starkville in pretty similar ways, and I heard Wazzu had some out there fans :patrice:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bogus statement. No one knows, and the unknown is always scary as fukk.

How is the unknown scarier than the known? CTE is a confirmed risk no matter how young and healthy you are. Covid isn't a confirmed risk for young healthy people. I'd be more scared of the certainty of permanent brain damage over speculative risks associated with covd.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
tenor.gif

Your lungs and heart being attacked is not a made up notion, that is happening, it does not matter if you are young or old you run the risk of your lungs being Swiss cheese, hence people being down bad if they catch it, and you can take from 3-12 months to recover if you recover, because one thing you learn in pathology diseases don’t always follow the book but you don’t have to believe me, look at what those quacks at John Hopkins said
What Coronavirus Does to the Lungs

cinematic_rendering_images_4-6_portlet-07264342~8.jpg

This is what’s happening to your lungs, they are getting flooded with mucos, from which is no guarantee you will recover from.

Cte is understood to effect you later in life so football players trade in their later years to make good money and provide for their family, Here and now, you catch covid you may never come back, and that’s the difference any time your lungs or heart is attacked you are never the same period. But what do i know, i just play a doctor on TV

Look. I had covid earlier this year. I had the mucus coming from my lungs. I had the cough that lasted over two weeks. I had the loss of appetite and was in bed tired and fatigued for a couple of days. You don't need to lecture me on this virus. I actually have first hand experience.

For the record, I rarely get sick during flu season so when I got covid it surprised me. It sucked for about 2 days where I just wanted to stay in bed. However, after that the only thing that sucked about covid was the annoying cough that lasted for about 2.5 weeks. The cough while it lasted way longer than any other cough I ever had was not as bad as a common cold because as you stated the infection was located in the lungs rather than the throat. And cause the lungs don't have nerve endings like the throat I didn't feel that irritation you typically feel in the throat when coughing a lot during a typical cold. Since that 2.5 week period of having covid, I have had no long term symptoms. I didn't needs months to recover. I am a 32 year old in reasonable health with no history of immune issues.

Most people who have had covid have either my story or as was the case for my brother had zero symptoms in the first place. Very few people are at risk of the things you have cited. Most people recover quickly like I did or are completely asymptomatic. I'm telling you CTE is scarier than covid cause I already beat covid but brain damage along with all the other dangers that come from playing football is why I never played the sport growing up. CTE, spine injuries, and such should be way scarier than covid for the typically young healthy men who are playing football.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ive seen 3-4 different sites where Auburn fans talking about "what we doing for tailgating" :francis: these nikkas are suicidal

You do know almost everyone in this country has been exposed to covid by now? Most people (like my brother) were asymptomatic. Others like me had a few days of feeling like shyt and an annoying cough that lasted a few weeks. Then we recovered and are completely fine. The number of people who have had severe reactions to covid is minuscule. Especially in people who are young and healthy. Not surprisingly if you are old, obese, or have a weak immune system, you are gonna have a worse reaction to viruses than young healthy people who take care of themselves.